4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Vent!

Old 09-29-2008, 07:25 AM   #1
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Angry Venting about my SON!!!!!

You all know how I adore my baby...well this morning I was ready to kick his butt a good one. He has his alarm set for 5:30 AM. It gives him a little time to hit the snooze...no big deal. I do expect him up and dressed though by 6:00, 6:10 at the latest. He needs to leave home by 6:35 so he can drive to Frankfort and catch the bus to Ivy Tech in Lafayette.

He didn't get up until after 6 and it makes me sooooooooo nervous. Then he left here at 6:45. I asked him if he had everything he needed, he said yes and was out the door. Now mind you I worry like heck because he knows he's running later than he should and I'm worried that he'll drive too fast.

Okay..fast forward to 10:30 AM...I get a phone call from him and of course first thing I start worrying. He asked if his billfold was in his room. I go and check and sure enough...there it layed. Mind you his driver's license is in the billfold. I told him I could drive it to town real quick and he said he was already on his way home. He has to be at his regular school by 11:06.

I knew, since he didn't have his billfold he wouldn't have had anything to eat, so I hurry and get him a sandwich made, some fritos and a Pepsi. I see him coming down the road so I run out the back door and meet him at the drive/road. Tell him to be careful and not drive too fast. He leaves, I yell I love you he yells it back and off he goes.

I just want you all to know that I think I will end up going nuts!!! We still have the rest of the school year to go and most of that will be winter driving. I just know I'm going to lose my mind.
Old 09-29-2008, 07:40 AM   #2
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

We have days like that too with Jaci. Either she forgets to set her alarm clock or she shuts it off without really waking up we really don't know but she'll be rushing around to get ready. And I've had phone calls to bring stuff to town. She did that to me on the first day of school. She'd been having volleyball practice early in the morning and did on that morning too.......well, she forgot everything else that she needed for school so she called. You know, I think that I posted the story on here already. In the winter time he'll just have to make sure that he's up in plenty of time to drive to school safely. They're just kids and that's just part of life. Just laugh at it and enjoy even the days that drive you crazy!!!

Jaci is usually just inside of the school when the bell rings. She has one teacher that is always laughing at her running down the hall to class!! He had a lot to say the ONE day that she was early!!!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 08:10 AM   #3
Tiramisu

I vaguely remember those days and actually do miss them. Now, I'm watching my kids stress with their kids. My youngest graduated high school 12 years ago. Just keep tying another knot and hang on as long as you can!
Old 09-29-2008, 12:25 PM   #4
Janet

I'm trying ladies, but this is so darn hard. I will be a bundle of nerves before winter even gets here. Diana you were saying Jaci rushing around...that's the problem...Rick doesn't rush to do anything. He just looks at me and says...I have time Mom....drives me crazy, because he really doesn't have the time...althought he gets there at the last minute. I just can't keep starting my days like that...
Old 09-29-2008, 03:19 PM   #5
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

"I just know I'm going to lose my mind."

Yes, you are going to lose your mind. Get used to it. Sanity is highly overrated when you have a teen turning to a young adult. It's much better to be a little wacky. I also recommend meditation, anti-anxiety drugs, and learning to detach.

I feel that detaching is one of the hardest things about having a child. You put all of your energy, time, thoughts, and so on into this precious being and then you really do have to detach because they need to grow up and become independent.

It takes years to get there, by the way. He's a good boy and will be a wonderful young man, so hopefully it will go easily for you.

Forget about sanity!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 08:52 AM   #6
Mandy
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Oh Janet, come join me here, i have a huge jumping castle in the back yard, i use it daily to scream out all the anxiety, frustration, anger, fear, and all those horrible feelings we have to go through while raising a teen LOL
My son is the same age as Ricky, i know what you going through.
Often i stand with my hands in the air screaming WHATS NEXT ????

Just think, in a few years time, we will miss these days
Old 09-30-2008, 09:24 AM   #7
DianaB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaB View Post
We have days like that too with Jaci. Either she forgets to set her alarm clock or she shuts it off without really waking up we really don't know but she'll be rushing around to get ready. And I've had phone calls to bring stuff to town. She did that to me on the first day of school. She'd been having volleyball practice early in the morning and did on that morning too.......well, she forgot everything else that she needed for school so she called. You know, I think that I posted the story on here already. In the winter time he'll just have to make sure that he's up in plenty of time to drive to school safely. They're just kids and that's just part of life. Just laugh at it and enjoy even the days that drive you crazy!!!

Jaci is usually just inside of the school when the bell rings. She has one teacher that is always laughing at her running down the hall to class!! He had a lot to say the ONE day that she was early!!!!!

I mentioned this thread to Jaci and I have to correct what I said. She told me that she's been to school early......TWICE! Once was because she thought that she had an early music class but she didn't. The teacher laughs his head off at Jaci! Jaci thinks it's pretty funny too! Gotta' love them! This is a fun age!!! You just gotta' learn not to worry too much. That's a lot easier for me to say that when it's my 4th child and not my first too.

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 09-30-2008, 09:56 AM   #8
Janet

I know I need to losen up...Judy your post was so funny!!!, but it's really hard. If he's late for his classes in Lafayette, he can fail it and then he won't graduate. I just want him to graduate and then he's on his own as far as triumphs and failures. He'll be an adult then. But right now....he's making me a bit crazy.

He did wonderful this morning. Up early, plenty of time for breakfast, talking with his mother, brushing teeth...etc. Even had time to go check out the star in the yard with us and then on to school. He's such a turd though....on his way out the drive he says..."hey Mom...guess we put the brakes on driving you nuts this morning, huh?" Oh that boy!!!
Old 09-30-2008, 09:58 AM   #9
DianaB

I'd say that he knows his Mother pretty good!!!!

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 09-30-2008, 10:08 AM   #10
Janet

He does the little stinker!! What's a mother to do..except grap 'em and love on 'em.
Old 09-30-2008, 11:08 AM   #11
Tiramisu

Oh, the cherished memories!
Old 10-02-2008, 01:21 PM   #12
Nina

Hi Janet, I'm new but I can completely relate to you. I have three children who are all grown now. I remember how nervous I was when each one started driving. It was so hard for me to get used to, and it didn't get easier by the third child.

It's funny, we teach our kids independence and try to get them ready for the world, and then when it's time to let them go a little bit, it's sooooo hard!

Hang in there!
Nina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 01:43 PM   #13
Janet

You got that right Nina. We get them all ready and then are hesitant to let them go. I told my son that he could live with me forever. If and when he ever starts a family, I'd be his babysitter...but it better not be for quite some time....LOL.