4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Beauty & Fashion

Old 09-14-2006, 07:19 PM   #1
ldenise

self tanning

who uses self tanning lotions? And ... what brand do you use?
Old 09-15-2006, 12:53 AM   #2
Mandy
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Before summer started i started on a slow selftanning cream, called Magic Brown by Kikicos. It worked, but i stopped using it after a few days, scared i was not covering it all, and didnt want to look patchy lol
Old 09-15-2006, 05:40 AM   #3
RLC12345678
4WT 500 Club Member

I use the Jergan's Daily Glow. It is AWESOME! It is the only kind I will use. It is one of those "Build-A-Tan" types where you have to use it for a week or at least a couple of days in order to have a good tan, but it looks totally natural and it doesn't streak. Love this stuff.
"To whom much is given, much is expected." ~Luke 12:48
RLC12345678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 05:40 AM   #4
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I can't remember what I use to use, but it came in a light blue bottle and inside the bottle were two separate chambers. It worked really good and no orange or yellow shading.
Old 09-15-2006, 06:17 AM   #5
ginab

i only use it on my face now. i get mine from puritans pride, vitamin company.
ginab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 07:07 AM   #6
Amber_lv

I have never like the self tanners i do however go to a tanning salon and get the spray tan it's pretty cool and it gets everywhere just like a tan.
Amber_lv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 07:28 AM   #7
Mandy

The Magic Brown i used is a good product, but what worries me is not getting it smoothed out in all the places like in my neck area and behind my ears, i would hate to look patchy in the back without knowing about it, specially when i wear my hair tied up which is often in summer.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:53 AM   #8
ldenise

thanks guys, I have been using the lotions for a few years now. (different brands). but... my daughter says after a while I start looking yellow. I thought I would gets some reviews on her on the different brands.

how long does the spray on tan last? and what is the cost?

I used to use the tanning beds when I had my own salon. (years ago) that was great because I also used that time to fully relax. wrinkles seem to be a problem after a while with those and the "real sun", so I decided I would be better off in the long run if I switched to the lotions.
Old 09-15-2006, 10:23 AM   #9
Amber_lv

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldenise
thanks guys, I have been using the lotions for a few years now. (different brands). but... my daughter says after a while I start looking yellow. I thought I would gets some reviews on her on the different brands.

how long does the spray on tan last? and what is the cost?

I used to use the tanning beds when I had my own salon. (years ago) that was great because I also used that time to fully relax. wrinkles seem to be a problem after a while with those and the "real sun", so I decided I would be better off in the long run if I switched to the lotions.
It can last any where from 5-8 days and the cost varys some places it was $15.00 others $25
Amber_lv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 11:24 AM   #10
magnolia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
I can't remember what I use to use, but it came in a light blue bottle and inside the bottle were two separate chambers. It worked really good and no orange or yellow shading.
Was it Coppertone's Endless Summer? That's what I use - has a moisturizer in one of the chambers and the "tanner" in the other. I can't use tanning beds as I break out in a heat rash after about the 3rd visit even if I use lotion or moisturizer. It's funny - I can be out in the sun all day, no problem but put me in a tanning bed and I could literally claw my skin from the inside out after 3 visits!! So, to be safe, I use the self tanning lotion.

"Wrinkles will only go where the smiles have been"....Jimmy Buffett
magnolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 11:56 AM   #11
hle_625

I dont really like the sunless tanners, I think it makes me look orange and blotchy! But I do fake bake in the tanning beds!!!
Old 09-15-2006, 03:37 PM   #12
Janet

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLC12345678
I use the Jergan's Daily Glow. It is AWESOME! It is the only kind I will use. It is one of those "Build-A-Tan" types where you have to use it for a week or at least a couple of days in order to have a good tan, but it looks totally natural and it doesn't streak. Love this stuff.

Well if you recommend it then I'm gonna try it. For the last two years I've trying so hard to stay out of the sun as much as possible. I use to be a tan freak when I was younger, so this sounds good!!
Old 09-15-2006, 05:00 PM   #13
Jlynn

Okay, this may sound like a stupid question, but

I've never used them because I CANT reach everywhere. What do you do about that????
Jlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 12:22 AM   #14
Mandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlynn
Okay, this may sound like a stupid question, but

I've never used them because I CANT reach everywhere. What do you do about that????

Ask your hubby to do the parts that you can't reach.
Old 09-16-2006, 04:01 AM   #15
Janet

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnolia
Was it Coppertone's Endless Summer? That's what I use - has a moisturizer in one of the chambers and the "tanner" in the other. I can't use tanning beds as I break out in a heat rash after about the 3rd visit even if I use lotion or moisturizer. It's funny - I can be out in the sun all day, no problem but put me in a tanning bed and I could literally claw my skin from the inside out after 3 visits!! So, to be safe, I use the self tanning lotion.
Yes that's it if it has like a half sun on the front! I just couldn't remember the name. It worked pretty good, but then I just quit using it for some reason and didn't use anything at all.