4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Ask a Man!

Old 04-12-2007, 04:58 PM   #1
Taurus Babe

MAN! I need you!!!! Men are confusing! darnit!

Okay Man, help me understand this.
Recently my bf's step mother told him he could come by and have a look through all his step mothers furniture and see what he would like to have. (His stepmother is moving into a old folks home, she's not 'passed').

Well, isn't picking out furniture something a couple should do together???? At first I thought he didn't invite me because I was working and it was his only free time to go over and do it, but he's put it off all week and now he's going to do it tomorrow morning, and I'm free!!!...not working I've dropped serveral ::hints:: that I'm very interesting in seeing what there is, and I've even said that we could use serveral new things and kinda given him a mental list.

Oh an none of this helps since we've seen each other about 5 hours in the last 3 days cause of our opposite schedules...not even at night.

Man, what's up with this? What's going on in his head???

YouROCK!
Old 04-12-2007, 11:33 PM   #2
A Man
Just a Man

Men sometimes may not realize the importance of such matters unless they are told specifically. You may want to try to tell him how you feel about it, and how you would like to go with him to see what furniture you can add to YOUR home, as it is not just his home. Furniture is something a couple should pick out together, and usually, the woman in the relationship is better at decorating the home.

Do you get along with his stepmother? Have you met her before? He may also have an alternative reason for not inviting you to go along. You may want to ask about that too, telling him you want to go is going to be more beneficial than questioning his motives in not inviting you.

Couples that continuously have trouble spending time together may find that their relationship may drift and the bond not as close as when they do spend a lot of time together. Perhaps when your schedules are both free, you may suggest a little outing or adventure for just the two of you alone.

Hope I answered in time!
A Man is offline   Reply With Quote