4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Parenting & Family

Old 11-18-2008, 11:37 AM   #1
HALEY

Micah still sick...

wanted to give everyone an update on Micah, he is still sick, he still has one ear infection in his left ear, they put him on stronger antibiotic again for 10 more days, can't understand why one ear cleared up and the other didn't.
he has a bad cough, runny nose, and his two year old molars are cominig in, one is in and the other three are pretty close. mild fever yesterday 100.1. going back to the doctor's again this Friday, to check on his ear infection and i'm praying he doesn't have a respirtory infection now. ( i'll be off work Friday since they cut my hours so i'll be taking him).
Just so sick of everything, was just laying in bed last night in tears... it has to get better...
Old 11-18-2008, 01:14 PM   #2
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Oh, sorry you're so sad Haley. It always gets better one way or the other. Micah's ear infection is probably because he's cutting teeth.

Love ya,

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 02:57 PM   #3
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Things always seem worse when the kids are sick Haley. You can't be any good for him if you don't take care of yourself.

I was just wondering if there is something your Dr. can suggest to boost his immune system...seems like everytime ya turn around this poor little guy isn't feeling good. I think I would ask and see if there is something that can help him...do you get him flu shots?
Old 11-18-2008, 03:46 PM   #4
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

So sorry little Micah is sick - it is so hard when they are little. He will get better and these infections will likely help build his little immune system. It's so hard when they have to go through all these illnesses. I have a two year old granddaughter who is not in day care, but every time they take her to the church nursery, she gets sick. Or when they take her to play in those inflatable playlands in the mall, she gets sick. I think they just have to work their way through all the bugs in the enviornment - but it is so hard!
Old 11-18-2008, 04:23 PM   #5
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Sorry to hear about little Micah not feeling better.. Like the rest said this is part of childhood , may I make a suggestion, I had a friend whose child would have reoccurring ear infections and they had ear tubes put in and the problem ended.. It has been many years ago, ask your dr. see what he says. If they continue to reoccur. Just a suggestion

My son as a little boy suffered with his tonsils he was on antibodics every 10 days for strep throat till finally I had them removed and he was never sick after that.

Give him a kiss from me, poor little guy. You take care don't get run down for you will be no help if you get sick.
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 04:14 AM   #6
HALEY

thanks everyone, Janet i am scared to get him a flu shot, it makes everyone in my family sick to death, almost killed my cousin, she had a bad reaction to it ended up in the hospital over a flu shot... so i really don't want to take that chance now..
as for the ears, my husband had very bad ear infections when he was a child and he also had tubes so i hope Micah don't follow in his foot steps.. he's going back to the doctors friday hopefully the doctor has good news for me, this is going on three weeks this kids been sick, and not eating good, he's going to waste away to nothing....
Old 11-19-2008, 04:17 AM   #7
2tiredmom

Haley,

I can't believe poor little Micah is still sick. I feel for you. Your in my prayers.
I hope the new medicine is working.
Old 11-19-2008, 04:20 AM   #8
HALEY

thanks hun, he's on his second set of antibiotics but is still pulling on his ears, i don't know what else to do to comfort him...
Old 11-19-2008, 06:56 AM   #9
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I sure hope he gets to feeling better soon Haley. I know it is hard for him, but also hard for you. I was so blessed that Ricky was never sick as a child. I mean I think he's only vomited no more than 5 times his whole life and never had an ear infection.

GAYLE.......I was just curious and thought you may know. I have heard this and wonder if it is true.

I was told that when you are feeding the babies their bottles or nursing, that you need to sit them up as much as possible and to never give a bottle to a baby laying down. That the milk/formula can somehow affect their ears. Is this true?

I made sure when Ricky was a baby to sit him up as much as possible and while other kids his age were getting ear infections, Ricky has never had one.

Is there any truth to that or were Ricky and I just one of the lucky ones?
Old 11-19-2008, 07:13 AM   #10
HALEY

Janet they told us that in birthing classes, cause the milk could run down the babies check into the ear, and that can cause ear infections. they also told us not to put him in bed with a bottle cause of this.. there might be other reason that Gayle could answer,,
Old 11-19-2008, 08:09 AM   #11
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Haley, I'm sorry that Micah is still having his ear infection. I think that it probably has to do with his teeth coming in too. They always seem like they have a cold when their teeth come in and ear infections go along with colds. Give Micah a hug from me.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 08:13 AM   #12
HALEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaB View Post
Haley, I'm sorry that Micah is still having his ear infection. I think that it probably has to do with his teeth coming in too. They always seem like they have a cold when their teeth come in and ear infections go along with colds. Give Micah a hug from me.
Thanks Diana, i don't know what to do, seems like the antibiotics aren't working so well, then they put him on stronger ones, and he is still pulling those ears. I feel so bad for him, his nose is running so bad. and Harley scratched his face last night to boot, and his nose is so red and sore, i'm going to put some aquaphor on it after his bath tonight, probably from wipping it so much lately.
Old 11-19-2008, 04:43 PM   #13
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Aww poor little guy I hope he is feeling better soon and the antibodics kick in.
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 04:36 AM   #14
HALEY

thanks Gina, but he was still pulling on that ear this morning, Thank God he has a doctors apt tomorrow.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:49 AM   #15
donna1990
Donating 4WT Addict

Thinking of you and that baby. It's got to get better.