4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Entertainment & Shopping

Old 09-04-2006, 02:17 PM   #1
admin
Administrator

Entertainment & Shopping

Done anything fun lately? Shop at any good stores? Let us know!
admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 04:21 PM   #2
Amber_lv

I am actuall going to a purse party at the end of the month and would love suggestions on how to spot a fake Louie Vitton or Prada any suggestions?
Amber_lv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 07:43 PM   #3
Sherry Lynn

I'm going to guess if they're selling them at a purse party and at a discount, they're going to be fakes... But there are ways to tell, and I'm sure someone here will know.

If they are made out of 'pleather' and smell like plastic, that's a SURE sign!
Sherry Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 07:45 PM   #4
Amber_lv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry Lynn
I'm going to guess if they're selling them at a purse party and at a discount, they're going to be fakes... But there are ways to tell, and I'm sure someone here will know.

If they are made out of 'pleather' and smell like plastic, that's a SURE sign!
LOL they claim that they are 100% authentic and they fly all over the world to find them so i have no idea to be honest i've never realyy even see a louie vitton in person LOL i think it's cool but i'm a major skeptic!!
Old 09-04-2006, 07:47 PM   #5
Mandy78

A real LV is very, very soft and very flexible. And the lining on the inside is almost like a micro suede. A fake one is more of a harder "leather" and probably nor real. The inside is just like the fake ones, which is why they do throw people off, but its a stiffer suede. I know this is not much help, but....

Also on a real LV, the straps get darker as they oxidize, thats what real leather does! A fake one, will not change and again is on the stiffer side!!!!

Last edited by Mandy78; 09-04-2006 at 07:49 PM.
Mandy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 07:48 PM   #6
Jessica

The big thing would be the price. Do you know how much they are selling them for? You can't even get a small LV for under $500-600. So if they are selling them for way under that then they are probably fake. Take a look on ebay & you can spot the fake ones pretty quick. The real ones will be going for alot of money so compare them. www.eluxury.com sells real ones.
Old 09-04-2006, 07:49 PM   #7
Mandy78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber_lv
LOL they claim that they are 100% authentic and they fly all over the world to find them so i have no idea to be honest i've never realyy even see a louie vitton in person LOL i think it's cool but i'm a major skeptic!!

Chances are they are fake! 99% of the time, they are! The people selling them are feeding you a bunch of lines so you think its for real!~ But they are fun to go to!!!!
Old 09-04-2006, 07:49 PM   #8
Amber_lv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy78
A real LV is very, very soft and very flexible. And the lining on the inside is slmost lke a micro suede. A fake one is more of a harder "leather" and probably nor real. The inside is just like the fake ones, which is why they do throw people off, but its a stiffer suede. I know this is not much help, but....

Also on a real LV, the straps get darker as they oxidize, thats what real leather does! A fake one, will not change and again is on the stiffer side!!!!
Thanks i need all the help i can get before i go i don't want to waiste my money!!
Old 09-04-2006, 07:51 PM   #9
Mandy78

Also, coaches, you can just tell. If the "c"'s don't line up....then its a fake for sure! Or if the C looks like a G.....be very careful there! Go to Coach.com to look up some real coaches!
Old 09-04-2006, 07:52 PM   #10
Amber_lv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica
The big thing would be the price. Do you know how much they are selling them for? You can't even get a small LV for under $500-600. So if they are selling them for way under that then they are probably fake. Take a look on ebay & you can spot the fake ones pretty quick. The real ones will be going for alot of money so compare them. www.eluxury.com sells real ones.
Yes they are between $45-$75.00 and a little more for others but they also have prada and other name brands i am very skeptical but my aunt and these ladies swear they are authentic i have no clue?
Old 09-04-2006, 07:53 PM   #11
Jessica

Nope those are FAKE! They sell those at our BX on the air base here in town. I have a couple. They are nice purses but totally fake!
Old 09-04-2006, 07:57 PM   #12
Amber_lv

i figured they were but why not say they are fake it's not like they are charging designer prices for them i mean i really don't mind having a fake for $45.00 but why not just say it? I really grilled this lady i told her i had been doing reserch about fake purses and she still swore they were real i don't get it.
Old 09-04-2006, 07:59 PM   #13
Jessica

It's all about the $$. They are called designer inspired purses. People just want to make money & they figure if they say fake then people won't buy it.
Old 09-04-2006, 08:01 PM   #14
Amber_lv

LOL i just noticed we are both talking back and forth on this and the toddler thread how funny!!
Old 09-04-2006, 08:03 PM   #15
Jessica

lol...ya I can't seem to get out of this stupid chair & go to bed! I just keep hitting new posts & then replying again! lol!