4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > My Pictures & Videos!

Old 06-16-2011, 12:15 PM   #1
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Hummingbird and Gold Finch

Here are a couple pictures of a hummingbird at our feeder in the front and a couple of are of Gold Finches at our upside down-feeder right out the bedroom window.

002.jpg 017.jpg

030.jpg 031.jpg

I'm really afraid of birds....but as long as there is a glass between us...I do fine
Old 06-16-2011, 04:25 PM   #2
Tiramisu

Neat. Can't wait to get out of this apartment so I can have an outside again.
Old 06-17-2011, 05:39 AM   #3
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I just love these pictures!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 01:25 PM   #4
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Nice pictures!!! We have a couple of hummingbirds....not many!!! And I haven't noticed any finches.....but Glen stops feeding the birds in the summertime. We do have TONS of squirrels!!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 03:30 PM   #5
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

We have bears, and they just love bird seed! It's a NYS,law that we cannot put out bird feeders. I put out my hummingbird feeder a few weeks ago, but it was so rainy and chilly at night, I didn't see hummingbirds.

Old 06-18-2011, 09:54 AM   #6
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

The hummingbirds don't usually come around until it's pretty warm so they might not have been there yet.......but you should be seeing them now.

This morning I looked out my bedroom window and saw 5 squirrels!!!! Then I saw a little bird in the tree and he was so busy cleaning himself!!! I love living in the country and seeing the animals.........except for the armadillos!!!!! They are my new enemy!!!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 11:17 AM   #7
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I love living in more space (I'm not really in the country)' where I see lots of animals too. We have just TONS of birds of all sort, squirrels and bunnies. Of ours you all know I just saw my first Texas spiny lizard a couple of weeks ago and this week I saw my first gecko out there.
Old 06-18-2011, 05:27 PM   #8
Janet

I love living in the country too, I don't think I could ever live in town again. We see red tail hawks, rabbits, fox (gray and red) coyotes, geese, ducks, deer, raccoon and probably others that I can't think of. We're not even in a wooded area like Diana is, but we have plenty of wooded areas around us.
Old 06-18-2011, 06:43 PM   #9
Tiramisu

I've been in this apt for four months and I dearly miss the wild animals at the house. Need to get back to the country soon.
Old 06-19-2011, 06:59 AM   #10
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Armadillos! Take a picture please!

We get beautiful deer, rabbits, chipmunks, squirrels, mice, voles, porcupines, groundhogs, and of course, black bears. There are coyotes, but I have only seen one. I'm sure there are other animals I don't see. There are wolves around, but they don't come out here. Someone told me they are really from New Jersey, when they had too many.

I hear the most wonderful assortment of birds! There is a woodpecker nearby. I hear something that sounds like an owl, plenty of songbirds, hummingbirds, and I saw a robin yesterday (I think). I'm not up on bird species, but when I let the dogs out before dinner and in the morning, the different birds singing are such a lovely noise!

Old 06-19-2011, 06:44 PM   #11
Janet

You know....your posts remind me just how fortunate we are to be able to not only see the beauty of our surroundings, but to be able to hear them also. What a wonderful world....just like Louis sang about.