4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Vent!

Old 07-23-2008, 07:31 AM   #1
Ponyup

Got a Ticket

I got a ticket monday night on the way to my softball game. 68 in a 40 eeek. I was on a well paved back road that's flat as the day is long, it should be 55 on that road. Even at 55 i was still speeding, but it woulda been 13 over instead of 28. I can't say anythng I know i was in the wrong, but i'm still pretty upset. That's 6 points on my license. I already told hubby he gets to drive everywhere we go together from now one, I love to drive, but I have a genetic leadfoot that's hard to control. This is my first ticket since I was 16. I was doing so good.

I don't know about other places, but it seems like they are really cracking down on speeders around my area. I think it's the governor answer to the money crunch.
Ponyup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 07:46 AM   #2
Tink
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Tink
Oh bummer! Those darn things get expensive... first the fines and then the increase in your insurance premiums.

I've had one ticket in my lifetime. Back in 1978. lol while I was working at the Jail one of the state troopers nabbed me going 57 in a 55. He laughed the whole time he was writing the ticket. I didn't find it nearly as funny as he did. lol
Old 07-23-2008, 08:17 AM   #3
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Aw it's a shame you had to get a ticket, but you admit you were in the wrong. I'm really surprised I haven't gotten a ticket yet and I'm 53 years old. I have a lead foot too...very bad at times. I have to be honest with myself and know that's where my son got from. Where are you in Indiana? I'll need to be careful if I'm in your area...LOL. They aren't quite as strict here in Frankfort.

Tink I can't believe you got a ticket for going 2 mph over the limit. Geez!
Old 07-23-2008, 08:41 AM   #4
Ponyup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
Aw it's a shame you had to get a ticket, but you admit you were in the wrong. I'm really surprised I haven't gotten a ticket yet and I'm 53 years old. I have a lead foot too...very bad at times. I have to be honest with myself and know that's where my son got from. Where are you in Indiana? I'll need to be careful if I'm in your area...LOL. They aren't quite as strict here in Frankfort.

Tink I can't believe you got a ticket for going 2 mph over the limit. Geez!
I'm in the south bend area. They've been really bad around plymouth & they've been butts about pratroling country roads.
Old 07-23-2008, 08:43 AM   #5
Tink

OOPS that should have said 67 in a 55. lol
It was a whole $36 fine back in those days. lol
Old 07-23-2008, 11:13 AM   #6
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Sorry, that you got a ticket! That's no fun! I have to admit that I have a heavy foot too! I know that you're allowed 5 mph over the speed limit and that's where I set my cruise! I've had a few tickets but I can't remember exactly how many. I've been stopped several times and given warnings.

My sister-in-law has a radar detector and she drives really fast. She figures that she's safest with less time spent driving and on the road!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 11:40 AM   #7
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I usually talk my way out of tickets, but I'm going to have to be very careful upstate. I have a lead foot too, which is fine in Brooklyn. There's too much traffic to really speed, but those country roads are such fun to zoom around on.

Then, there's this big highway, called the Thruway - it is made for speeding!

I better slow down. That radar gizmo sounds like a good idea.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 12:08 PM   #8
Ponyup

I used to be so good at talking my way out of tickets. This guy just wasnt' having it. I hadn't been pulled over in 6 years before this. Probably just lucky. But i have learned my lesson. i will be slowing down from now on or letting hubby drive.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:04 PM   #9
Marilyn

Oh, ladies, if you haven't had tickets, you must be novice drivers or just don't drive very much. I have no idea how many tickets I've had. Tickets here are very expensive, however, you can request to take defensive driving to keep the ticket from appearing on your driving record, if you haven't taken defensive driving within the past 12 months for ticket dismissal. If you have, you can request deferred adjudication . With both options, you pay the full price for your ticket and in addition to that, you pay to take defensive driving or to apply for deferred adjudication and for a copy of your driving record to be sent from Austin to the judge. With deferred adjudication, the judge will put you on probation for a specific period of time, like 90 days, and if you do not get another ticket within the probation period, he/she will dismiss the ticket. I've taken defensive driving so many times, I can almost teach the class. I take it online so I don't have to go attend a class somewhere. I've also gotten deferred adjudication before. Currently, I have no tickets on my driving record at all.

Also, I've been stopped twice in the past month for speeding and have gotten warnings both times. Oh, and I do have a radar detector, and try to drive within the 5 miles over that is allowed and still have lapses. I drive over 30,000 miles a year though, so my exposure is pretty high.

So that's my story, officer, and I'm sticking to it!!!!
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32

Last edited by Marilyn; 07-23-2008 at 06:06 PM.
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 06:06 PM   #10
Janet

I'll just have to risk getting a ticket, my husband's driving scares me to death. I drive most everywhere we go. We just don't go places with a lot of traffic or at night...LOL.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:13 PM   #11
Marilyn

Oh, Janet, I just thought after reading my last post, you will probably never ride with me to Chicago. I also have not had an accident in many years. I'm a very safe driver and carry clients around with me without freaking them out.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 06:21 PM   #12
Janet

Just let me have some blinders on and I'll be just fine....LOLOL..or keep me talking and laughing...that shouldn't be too hard.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:49 PM   #13
Tink

Greg drives about 150.000 miles a year for work, and has a completely clean driving record. He did have couple of accidents but was able to prove they weren't his fault, so even those don't show up on his record. Neither of us has had a traffic ticket since before we met 27 yrs ago. I'm sure if I ever get one I'll never hear the end of it, as he's always telling me how to drive. He justifies it by reminding me HE is the professional driver in our family. lol
Old 07-23-2008, 07:02 PM   #14
Shada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponyup View Post
I'm in the south bend area. They've been really bad around plymouth & they've been butts about pratroling country roads.

Hey I am close to ya! Right on the Indiana/Michigan border.
AND I myself got a ticket on a county road last October!!! This was around Shipshewanna..

First ticket I have had in 23 years. Totally uncalled for. Young punk cop fresh out of school and trying to earn his wage.
Idiot couldn't even tell me where the speed limit was posted, yet wrote me a ticket.. grrrr...
Shada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 07:28 PM   #15
AngieDoogles
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

I've only gotten one ticket ever and it really upset me. I hate being in trouble whether it's at school, at work, on the road, etc. It just really gets to me. I cried for quite a while after I got the ticket. Poor Marty didn't know what had gotten into his crazy mama. The officer thought he was cute, but still gave me the ticket.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote