4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Vent!

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 06:07 PM   #1
jrsygal37
Donating 4WT Yakker

Yorkie Talk Members.

Hi guys. I just wanted to post here for those on Yorkie Talk that may have been wondering where I am and what is going on. I've been an active member on Yorkie Talk since 2006. This morning I chose to leave Yorkie Talk. Too much garbage is coming onto the site and being allowed to post. I'm not sure how many of you followed the thread in the sick and injured entitled "Help I think my dog is dying." A person came on posting that she got dogs (2 I think) from a farmer (puppy miller) that he gave her the dogs. Next, it was her preacher and the story kept changing. Anyway, she posted the her male was peeing blood and suffering from a bad dental infection. She further posted she intends to breed and that they live outside that they were outside dogs. Well, MANY were upset over this. I personally tried to help her by offering to help find a reputable rescue. She ignored ALL help. Finally MANY got fed up and MANY posts were deleted. I do not believe anyone was rude to this person. At any rate I emailed Yorkie Talk this morning and told them to please close my membership that I no longer wished to be a part of YT. All day under my screen name it stated "no longer a user." This afternoon I received numerous emails from YT friends telling me that "Banned" is now under my screen name. I just want those still active on Yorkie Talk to know that I WAS NOT BANNED. I wasn't even suspended let alone banned. I left on my own as I was tired of trolls coming on and stiring the pot or ignorant people clearly neglecting their dog or abusing their dog and yet longstanding members were getting warnings or suspensions. I left by my own choice. Why Banned was listed under my name I do not know as this was not the case. I have emailed Admin and asked that it be changed as it should be to read "no longer a member." Anyway, I just wanted to vent and let everyone who is a member on YT know what the real story was. It saddens me to not be a part of YT anymore it really does but until things change I truly believe that many more will leave. Elaine
Old 09-03-2008, 06:23 PM   #2
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Janet had a similiar situation. I don't remember exactly what it was but she had "banned" under her name too. She was really, really upset over it and later found out that it was a mistake. Just send the admin a note and have them straighten it out. Our admins are the same so you can contact them from here if you want to. Don't get too worked up over it because it's probably just a mistake on someone's part.

I'm sorry that you're unhappy with YT and have left. I'm a member of YT but ever since I found 4WT I've hardly posted on YT. It's so much simplier on here with fewer members and I'm not lost in a crowd of others. I've made good friends here and I never want to leave!!! I hope that you end up staying here and making good friends with all of us!!!!! I know that we'd love to have you!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 09-03-2008, 06:30 PM   #3
jrsygal37
Donating 4WT Yakker

Diana Thanks. Yeah, I'm hoping it was a mistake because all morning it read "no longe a member" and now I'm getting emails from friends telling me that it says i've been banned. I'm not unhappy per se with YT - I'm unhappy with the crap that has been coming on as new members. I had suggested some implimentation such as 1. In order to be a member you should have to supply a verifiable home address as well as a verifiable home telephone number. I thought this would help some with trolls AND also if someone was clearly abusing or neglecting an animal allow Admin to forward it to proper authorities as it should be. If it were a child there woudl be no quesiton but animals do not have those rights and it's up to us to fight for them. I also suggested that 2. before a member is allowed to post dogs/pups for sale that they should have to be an active participating YT member for a min. of 3 months and also donate. I felt that would prevent a lot of scams etc. Anyway thanks again. Elaine
Old 09-03-2008, 06:31 PM   #4
jrsygal37
Donating 4WT Yakker

P.S. I did send Admin a note over on YT letting them know and asking them why banned was now under my screen name. I have not heard back from them. Elaine
Old 09-03-2008, 06:37 PM   #5
DianaB

Your rules make good sense to me. I know how easy it is for trolls to get on and cause trouble. We had some on there when I was active too. Admin is slow sometimes to answer so just give it some time and I'm sure that it will get straightened out. I probably wouldn't close out my account because you might still want to check on your friends and just not be on there quite as much. I still go back once in a while, but not often. There's so many on YT that it's very overwhelming.

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 09-03-2008, 06:41 PM   #6
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

I just checked for you and it says "No longer a member"
I did read the thread too. I didn't post. If it's true, then it's terrible. And if not, then that person is terrible for even making it up, and it's not worth everyone getting worked up over. I've noticed it happening a lot on YT too. I just do my best to stay out of it!

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Old 09-03-2008, 06:43 PM   #7
jrsygal37
Donating 4WT Yakker

Yes, I would like to go on YT and at least read the posts and thought I'd be able to still do that as a "Guest" but every time I bring the website up It sayd "Banned - no reason given AND when will it be lifted - never." As I said I'm hoping it was a mistake and not done because I asked not to be a member anymore. It was hard to leave because I've been a member since 2006 and have been very active there. It's just getting crazy with the threads that have been going on and I realize there are rules but I find it very hard to be coureous to posters such as the one I mentioned. Elaine
Old 09-03-2008, 06:44 PM   #8
jrsygal37
Donating 4WT Yakker

Oh ok. Thanks. They must have changed it back. I didn't hear anything so I didn't know. So now I should be able to on as a guest and just read but not post? Thanks. Elaine
Old 09-03-2008, 06:46 PM   #9
jrsygal37
Donating 4WT Yakker

Huh. Now I just went to the site now and as soon as the site pulled up this came up STILL. If it says no longer a member rather then banned yet this is still coming up as soon as the site is pulled up.

You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never
Old 09-03-2008, 06:50 PM   #10
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Really? You can't see anything else? I just looked again and on your profile page it even says "No longer a member" and it says your last activity was 3 minutes ago. I wonder if admin just messed up somehow?

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Old 09-03-2008, 06:56 PM   #11
jrsygal37
Donating 4WT Yakker

Yeah, I was on 3 min. ago but only got to the website and what I pasted is what came up. I don't know. Well, atleast everyone knows I wasn't banned. That had upset me. As I said I love the site and I've made some wonderful friends but lately we have been getting some real wackos that come on. I can only pray that they truly are trolls. I hate to think of a sick or abused and neglected dog being real. I'm all for not alienating and trying to help or educate but there are some that you just can't educate and to me that's when Admin has to step in and start warning the original poster rather then the fed up members that answer. Just my .02. Anyway, thanks Lindsey.
Old 09-04-2008, 04:54 AM   #12
jrsygal37
Donating 4WT Yakker

Well I got word back from Admin. They have corrected the banned that was under my name BUT STILL when I go to the site I am unable to navigate through it because this still come up. I emailed admin asking them WHY this is coming up and was told "That is standard for people who are no longer a member of Yorkie Talk." I then emailed Admin back and said "So, if someone new went to the site and was not yet a member they would see banned? It doesn't make sense that it would not just show me as a guest since essentially that is what I am now no? That can't be corrected?" And, their response was "No, that is what happens when a member requests their membership to be disabled." I don't know maybe it's me but it sounds like a punishment for telling them I no longer want to be a member AND it's really deflamation of character since I was not banned but left on my own. I don't understand why long time members are treated this way and the garbage coming on as of late are welcomed and protected. Elaine
Old 09-04-2008, 11:25 AM   #13
DianaB

I know that being a member allows you to do things that guests can't. I don't think that you can view the pictures. You may want to have them re-instate you and just not be on as much. That way you can still see what all's going on.

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 09-04-2008, 01:05 PM   #14
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Elaine, the same thing happened to me too, but honestly...I don't remember all the details. I remember why, just not the details. It was a horrible experience for me and when things get so bad...I choose not to remember them and I don't.

Can you join as a new person again?

I go there and read a few threads, not the one you mentioned, I try to avoid those, but too much drama goes on and I don't need or want that.
Old 09-04-2008, 03:20 PM   #15
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
Elaine, the same thing happened to me too, but honestly...I don't remember all the details. I remember why, just not the details. It was a horrible experience for me and when things get so bad...I choose not to remember them and I don't.

Can you join as a new person again?

I go there and read a few threads, not the one you mentioned, I try to avoid those, but too much drama goes on and I don't need or want that.

I agree with Janet why don't you sign up on under another name. I don't know sorry I can't be of much help. I am a member there I started in 2004 but the forum has changed awhile ago and I didn't think for the best, and like Diana mentioned once 4wt opened I have been here all the time, a smaller group and so much nicer.. Someone suggested a thread on Yorkies on 4Wt that would be so nice.. Maybe we should start begging administration...
Closed Thread