4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Vent!

Old 09-05-2006, 07:10 AM   #1
hle_625

Talking Is it just me or......

do women do everything??? I have to clean the house, laundry, dishes and everything. Deposit our checks every week, pay all the bills, give the yorkies a bath, and I work 40 hours a week. Dont men do anything or is it just mine
Old 09-05-2006, 07:15 AM   #2
lisa

I do all the cooking and cleaning but my Husband pays the bills. He has his own Courier company and i work for him. i drive for him one day a week and do all his billing
Old 09-05-2006, 07:21 AM   #3
hle_625

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa
I do all the cooking and cleaning but my Husband pays the bills. He has his own Courier company and i work for him. i drive for him one day a week and do all his billing
Oh yeah, cooking is another thing I can add to my list of things to do!
Old 09-05-2006, 07:43 AM   #4
magnolia

I must be one of the lucky ones. Sam will help with the housework (although he doesn't clean the tubs!) - he will vacuum, scrub toilets, wash/dry/AND fold clothes, will help in bathing the furbabies, and he does the yard work. I will do all the dusting and scrubbing of tubs, sweeping and mopping. He will also get the boys do various appointments and activities if I'm at a point with work where I can't do it. I guess his cleaning comes from working at the fire station - they have to keep the station virtually spotless at all times! We share with the cooking - sometimes I'll come in from work and he's got dinner started and our rule is, whoever cooks, the other cleans the kitchen and it works great
magnolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 08:45 AM   #5
Melissa

My husband is pretty good with helping out, now if I could just get the kids to help out w/out complaining!
Old 09-05-2006, 08:55 AM   #6
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Mine doesn't do anything!!!! Okay, so I may have exaggerated a little. I'm picky, so it is probably all my fault, everything else is....LOL Anyway, he takes out the trash when told to, helps son mow the yard, but I can get it done in 2 1/2 hours and it takes him darn near all day. Rides for awhile, piddles in the garage, rides for awhile, piddles some more. Drives me crazy. If I leave a list, he'll do it, but it may take a week or two. Our biggest problem in all honesty is probably me. I want things done right and he does things just to get them done. When we first got married, I wanted to be the perfect little housewife and take care of things so I just trained him wrong. Good thing I believe marriage is forever (he does too), or else I would have been gone a long time ago. We manage, and I am not without my faults (although few...LOL). Most of the time it's not so bad.
Janet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 10:14 AM   #7
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

It's not just you, we do it all. I think we are wired that way.

Actually my husband and I split the bill paying responsibility, he has someone mow the lawn for us, he pitches in and helps with the dishes from time to time, and takes the trash out once in a while. Occassionally he will vacuum, or do laundry. I don't like the way he does things though. Leaves water on the counter and floor when he does dishes. He doesn't hang up the laundry right, or fold correctly. I used to be very picky, but over the years, it's like who cares. As long as we are healthy, happy, and it gets done, hey we're okay.

We both work at stressful, but rewarding jobs. All in all, even though he helps, I do most of it, while he is surfing on the net, piddling with a car he's rebuilding, or relaxing. But, it could be worse. Bottom line, he's loving & faithful and my very best friend.
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 10:27 AM   #8
hle_625

Im glad to see that I'm not the only one! He is the greatest guy though. And he does work all day unlike me, I spend my 40 hours of work on yorkietalk and now 4womentalk! LOL! So I guess I can handle the housework!
Old 09-05-2006, 10:27 AM   #9
Janice

I'm not married, nor engaged, nor living with my bf.. yet. I am 'grooming' him so that I don't end up with the kind of husband that my father is. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my dad and I know he loves my mom and he takes really good care of her. But, she's the housewife and he's the moneymaker. My mom has worked many jobs over the years but hasnt for the past 10 years or so due to an illness that is causing her to lose her eyesight. As far back as I can remember, even when my mom was working she still had to do everything around the house (my brother and I helped a great deal). We have a framed picture of my dad doing the dishes in the kitchen at my parents house - to commemorate the occasion - that picture was taken about 4 years ago now, and I don't think I've seen him do the dishes since, lol.

Anyways, my current bf, should we end up together down the road, is really good about sharing responsibilities. We don't even live together, but when he spends the weekend, he'll do the dishes for me, he helps me bath the dogs, he drives me around town to run errands, he'll pick up groceries for me.... he's pretty great. Husband potential? Perhaps...
Old 09-05-2006, 10:32 AM   #10
Sherry Lynn

You sound like me and hubby, Marilyn.

We have someone come in and clean and someone do the yard work so that's a load off my mind. I hate to spend weekends scrubbing toilets!

We have been together for 20 years, and we made a pact early on that he would do laundry and I would take care of the kitchen and cooking. Since I love to cook and HATE to do laundry it works out great! Especially since these days we hardly ever eat at home!

Does he fold, hang and put things away the same way that I would? NO! But I'm with you.. as long as it gets done I don't care. I used to go into the linen closet and rearrange everything behind him, but I gave up on that years ago. If someone knows me well enough to be in my linen closet, I figure they know me enough not to hold it against me.

Like my Grandma used to always say..."As long as it's clean and paid for..."
Sherry Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 12:45 PM   #11
Elaine

I pay the bills, i do the mowing and trimiing because i love to do it, he takes care of the veggie gardens. the inside work like dishes, cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc I mostly do but he does help sometimes...he loves to cook and he is good at it, so when he says I'm cooking tonight, I stay out of his way lol

he does all the work on our cars and fixes anything in the house that needs fixing that i cant do lol...............
Old 09-05-2006, 01:43 PM   #12
Kimberley

I don't even want to discuss this. If he had it his way, I'd have to wipe his a$$, too!
Kimberley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 01:54 PM   #13
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberley
I don't even want to discuss this. If he had it his way, I'd have to wipe his a$$, too!

I know exactly what you mean!!! So if the time ever comes, he'd better hire a nurse!!!!
Janet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 03:29 PM   #14
Jlynn

Umm, I pay the bills, mow the lawn, load/unload dishwasher, dust, vacuum, bath and medicate pets as needed, walk dogs at least two times each day, clean the house, sweep the sidewalks, porches, etc., maintain the air in my tires and the windshield wiper fluid in my car, change light bulbs, grocery shop, cook, empty the trash, (oh,but trash is his job...he moves it to the curb once/week) , and

most fun, follow dh around picking up the scraps of paper, empty drink cans, etc., that never manage to find their way to the trash can without me.

I set my alarm for an 1-1/2 hours before I need to be in the shower, just to give me tiime to work on this stuff before leaving for the day!
Jlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 03:32 PM   #15
olivia_karhis

no its no just you. I cook clean, and do every thing else around the house. My hubby tossies a fit if I even ask him to take my furbabys out side.