4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Parenting & Family

Old 04-22-2009, 08:04 AM   #1
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Smile One More Month

In just a little over a month my baby boy will be graduation high school. I just can't believe it. Where has the time gone? We have decided to have a cookout for him after the ceremony for a few friends and mostly family.

I've found a dress online from Penney's that I'm wanting to order. It is so hard being fat, I just can't find anything to fit and look good. When a dress is on a hanger it just doesn't do it justice, but online, they usually have someone with it on. It helps a little, now I just hope I can order the right size. I still want to check out what Kohl's has and I hope to have it ordered by this weekend.

When I came home the other day, Ricky's cap and gown came in and he had it on and I just about fell over in tears. It's going to be a wonderful, sad, emotional day. I just thank God for letting me raise this young man. I hope I made him proud, because this boy is so special.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:53 PM   #2
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Oh Janet! The emotions! I know you are so proud of him and well you should be! I am not a motherly mother, so I didn't mind graduation, marriage, and the like with my daughter. But I was much more emotional than I thought I would be. You are the quintessential mom - such a good mom and role model for Ricky! It must be hard/easy, sad/happy all rolled up in one!
Old 04-22-2009, 03:53 PM   #3
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Aww Janet... This is a big milestone in your sons life.. He has accomplished so much and has a wonderful mother directing him. I know the feeling both of my children are graduating college in May... I can't believe it....myself..

As far as finding an outfit Kohls has beautiful clothes , I don't know where you live if you have a womens store called Annie Sez I love their clothes and always find something to wear.. Good luck!
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 03:43 AM   #4
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Awwwww, Janet, congratulations to you both!!! This is such a fantastic, mixed up time. As Gayle said, happy, sad all mixed together. Enjoy and beam, as you of course will, and you have the right. This is your day as well as his.

It won't matter what you wear, though know you will look very nice. I can't even remember what I wore to our girls graduations. It's outside in the football stadium here, and the stadium is full. There were 800 or 900 graduates in each of their classes and it took a while.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 07:54 AM   #5
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

It's so hard to believe that it's time for him to graduate! As the others have said I'm sure that you have lots of different emotions right now. Having your children grow up is bittersweet. On one hand you're thrilled that they're becoming adults and on the other hand you feel like you're losing your baby. You certainly have a son to be proud of! (Next year you can give me this same talk because I'm going to be a basket case when she graduates!!)

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:09 AM   #6
Mandy
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaB View Post
It's so hard to believe that it's time for him to graduate! As the others have said I'm sure that you have lots of different emotions right now. Having your children grow up is bittersweet. On one hand you're thrilled that they're becoming adults and on the other hand you feel like you're losing your baby. You certainly have a son to be proud of! (Next year you can give me this same talk because I'm going to be a basket case when she graduates!!)

This what Diana said is so true, having your children growing up is bittersweet!
The mixed emotions wow... hehehehe last year we had our son graduate highschool (college) one minute you want to burst out in tears, next minute you are smiling because something funny gets said at the ceremony - tradition here is to hang out a Dutch flag if they have passed their exams and will be graduating, i think i wrote the story, they pick out a date after the exams to call if they did not pass and they can call anywhere from 8am till 4pm that day, all day we were on pins and needles, at 4pm they posted a list of the kids names that will be graduating, all friends started calling each other to congratulate each other, so many friends came here, i cried when i saw them hug each other they were so happy.

Janet, no matter what you wear, you will look beautiful, and you will shine girlfriend, your baby has acomplished so much, and you are the best mom, he couldnt have had a better example in hes life, he will be very proud of you!!
Dont forget your camera that day and take lots of pics to show us!
Enjoy the preperations, it's also your day
Old 04-23-2009, 12:36 PM   #7
Janet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaB View Post
You know I'll always be here for you!!!
Old 04-23-2009, 12:39 PM   #8
Janet

I plan to take lots and lots of pictures Mandy. I want pictures to help remember his graduation day. He's so excited...I remember that I was too.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:40 PM   #9
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Oh Janet! What a time in his life this is! It is so wonderful to have your whole life in front of you, and the whole world as your own!

It is bittersweet for you, and my heart is with you. The little boy you have cherished has grown up. This new phase is nice though. You will share in his excitement as he makes decisions about his life. And, don't think for one minute that he doesn't need you anymore! He will rely on your wisdom now in a conscious way. You have done such a wonderful job as his Mom, that he will always come to you for advice.

You have raised a beautiful human being, and the world is grateful!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 05:14 PM   #10
Shada

Quote:
Originally Posted by judy View Post
Oh Janet! What a time in his life this is! It is so wonderful to have your whole life in front of you, and the whole world as your own!

It is bittersweet for you, and my heart is with you. The little boy you have cherished has grown up. This new phase is nice though. You will share in his excitement as he makes decisions about his life. And, don't think for one minute that he doesn't need you anymore! He will rely on your wisdom now in a conscious way. You have done such a wonderful job as his Mom, that he will always come to you for advice.

You have raised a beautiful human being, and the world is grateful!

Ditto!!
Shada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 02:29 PM   #11
Janet

Thank you ladies.....you're all so wonderful.