4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Vent!

Old 02-11-2012, 03:07 PM   #1
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Angry You're Right Gayle...FAMILY GRRRRR!!!!

I am so angry right now I could spit!!!

My husband went to town to put a new door knob on at my mother's house. While in town, he stopped by where our son works and my older brothers works there also and just happened to be working.

He started drilling my husband about what's going on with Mom's house, have I got it painted, has Rick helped, have we had anyone looking to rent it yet...on and on and on. Rick didn't answer his questions, just kind of blew them off. He's asked Ricky before, but we don't discuss it all with Ricky and Ricky really doesn't care...lolol.. so I don't think he listens that much and can't answer Jerry's questions.

He then went on to say he found a website that gave all the information, taxes, assessed value...etc. about the houses in our county and gave Rick the impression that he was pissed when he saw that I bought it for the appraised value which was considerably less than the assessed value and that he knows all about all our other properties too. What kind of rats arse do I have for a brother???? I had no idea he acted this horribly.

So now the rule is: if Ricky is asked anything about the house by either of my brothers, he is to say "They don't tell me what goes on there". If they ask Rick he is to say "That's Janet's house, you'll have to ask her". AND then if that doesn't make them mind their own busines and they ask me...I'm telling them that "it's my house now, why do you need to know?"

I was beginning to miss them a bit, haven't talked or seen them in weeks, but not now. I don't need the drama. Hope they have a nice life. Mine is getting better and better.
Old 02-11-2012, 04:29 PM   #2
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

I guess if he was worried about how much you paid for the house, he should have checked the value sooner Gosh, it's all said and done...they should just drop it. Seems like they just look for something to pick on you about!
Old 02-11-2012, 05:28 PM   #3
Janet

I know...once the estate closing is completed in April...they can go their way and I'll go mine! I just know Mom has to be so disappointed that he's so worried about how much money he'll get or not get. Everything was spelled out in the Will that if any of us kids wanted it or the house in Florida, we could buy it at the appraised price. My brothers didn't want it, signed a document from the attorney saying so and now he wants to be an a$$.
Old 02-11-2012, 08:30 PM   #4
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

They need to mind their own business. I would be pissed off too. I think you have a good plan going on.
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 09:24 PM   #5
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Any time money is involved, some people's true colors come out. That's what happened in my case too, when the family thought I screwed up, and it might cost them some money, they were all over me. You tell your greedy brother that selling property to family at assessed value is just the way it works. I can't imagine trying to make extra money off family. That just isn't right. When my brother bought our family home, that's exactly what he paid, assessed value. I wouldn't have even dreamed of asking him to pay more.
Old 02-12-2012, 01:28 PM   #6
DIANE W

Janet.... I am so sorry this is happening, its hard enough what has happened with losing your mum and all, dealing with that is difficult enough.

I think from reading your posts, this is pretty typical of the behaviour you have seen from your brothers, and were even expecting it.

All my advice would be is try not to raise to their bait, i dont think whatever you tell them will stop them from thinking you have somehow got the property cheap, and done a dirty deed on them. It is sad but they are just seeing MONEY MONEY MONEY, and they dont know the hurt they are causing, even though you are mad at them, i think it is hurting you too.

Family are sometimes very hard to deal with, they will think what they want no matter what you do or say - take comfort in that soon April will be here and it will all be sorted out, then maybe your contact with them will only be for nice family celebrations.

Take care, and good luck with everything.

My Mottos are....
Just live for today..... and let tomorrow take care of itself

Live each day as if it's your last - and hope that tomorrow you wake up to find that it wasn't
DIANE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 08:50 AM   #7
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Sorry, Janet. I thought that all the drama with your brothers was finished. THEY signed the papers allowing you to buy the house and I'm sure the amount you were paying was on the papers.......if they had a problem then they should have brought it up then......not later!!! They can only kick themselves in the rear for not asking questions then!!!

You and I will have to adopt each other as sisters because we both have brothers we don't care for!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 06:21 PM   #8
2tiredmom

Boy oh Boy. What a crock. what is it with brothers? Janet sorry you are going though this. Hope it all gets better soon. I like Diana's remark about adopting each other. To Cute....

I'm not sure what it is with brothers....except I'm learning they suck. Sorry you're going through the same thing, I hope it gets better for you, I don't think there is much hope for me. I'm not willing to keep getting hurt.

Last edited by Janet; 02-14-2012 at 06:16 AM.
2tiredmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 12:13 PM   #9
DianaB

My brother is actually very sweet......he's just a drug user. My Mom is convinced that he's Mr. Good Boy and refuses to see the problem. I have a problem with all of the drama in his life.......married 4 times and working on number 5......who is a drug addict as well.......he has children from three of his ex-wives and has daughters following in his footsteps. He always talks about himself and you can't always believe what he says.

Thank goodness......I only have one brother........but, on the other hand.......that's ALL I have.

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 02-14-2012, 01:39 PM   #10
Janet

Diana, I'm sure I won't have any brothers after the Estate closing. Sad, huh?

I'm sorry you're going through the same thing Linda and then being so far away. Same here, that's why I just stay away from them, I'm so tired of being hurt. I hope things get better for you.
Next time you're in town, please let me know.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:03 PM   #11
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

I have THREE brothers, all older than me! The youngest is an addict/alcoholic. I rarely see him any more, and I miss him because he is a sweet guy. My middle brother lives nearby. He had a stroke 3 years ago when he was 57. He comes by my house a lot to sit and visit, even though he can't talk much, he's still a sweetheart! My oldest brother lives directly across the street from us with my sil Teresa. We see each other on an almost daily basis. The 4 of us go out together and usually spend time at the beach every summer. He is kind enough to share his kids and 2 granddaughters with me so I don't get too lonely. We all get along very well and I love them so much!!
Old 02-14-2012, 08:43 PM   #12
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I have no full brothers or sisters. I have a half sister (same dad) but I've never even met her and don't even know her name other than her maiden name. I have 3 step brothers but 2 are deceased. I have one step sister. I'm not real close with the two who are living. My step brother is sort of a twit, but my step sister is nice.
Old 02-15-2012, 04:13 AM   #13
Janet

You're very blessed Betsi. We all use to be close when we were younger, but when we got older and married...things began to fall apart. Not sure what happened, Jerry seems to have no backbone when it comes to his wife (and I always thought she was the good witch), but when it comes to Brad..he's just so split personality. One minute full of fun next...ready to bring you down. Linda can probably agree with that one.

I miss my family....I miss my Mom.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:29 PM   #14
DianaB

Smile......You're all my sisters!!!! I love family!!!!

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 02-15-2012, 02:58 PM   #15
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

YAY!!! I always wanted sisters