4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Health & Diet

Old 07-25-2011, 10:28 AM   #1
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Finally !!!!!

About ten this morning a male nurse called and gave me a heads-up about my MRI. He had woken me up and my mind wasn't working at full speed, but he said it looks to be 2 slipped discs in my neck. He reminded me of the follow-up appointment on August 1 at 9:30 am.

So I guess now I can find someone for Physical Therapy. I didn't want to until I found out exactly what was going on because I didn't want more damage to be caused.

You know....I cleaned house Friday and Saturday and felt really good. My upper arm ached, but my neck and shoulder really didn't cause me any real problems. Yesterday a family friend came to see Mom and when she was leaving she gave me a hug. She squeezed just a little too tight and I let out a yelp (which scared her half to death) and it's been hurting ever since.
Old 07-25-2011, 12:19 PM   #2
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Finally you've found out what your problem is!!! Did the guy tell you what to do in the meantime???? I guess that August is just a week away so it probably wouldn't do much good to try and get another appointment.

Sorry, that the hug made you hurt again. Take some ibuprophen and it will help with the inflamation.
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 04:01 PM   #3
Tiramisu

That doesn't sound too good. Will they need to to surgery?

I'm reluctantly starting PT for my neck on Wednesday. I told my doc I'd go two three times to be fair. She was surprised I'd go once. Really wish the breast reduction surgery would have worked.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:23 PM   #4
Janet

I hope there will be no surgery. From what I researched online today...it sounded just like me. Said treatment was usually PT and meds and that it usually is cured. May take more time for the tingling to go away, but so far I'm not feeling any tingling....that's a good thing. Still have to wait until Aug. 1 for the follow up, but I'll be calling now for the PT appt. Hopefully that can get started soon.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:13 AM   #5
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

So glad that you finally got a diagnosis, and are going to begin treatment! What caused a slipped disc?

With PT, it can be cured? That is wonderful news Janet!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:28 PM   #6
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

It's always good to know the problem. Hope PT works out.
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:48 PM   #7
Janet

I go tomorrow at 10:30 for physical therapy. My insurance pays all except for a $20 co-pay.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:34 AM   #8
DianaB

That's great!!! At least you have insurance that will help. We only have major medical so that means all the tests I had done we'll have to pay for.

I hope you're able to get some relief.
Old 07-27-2011, 03:53 PM   #9
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Janet, I'm so glad that you may be able to get some help!!! I'm also grateful for insurance!

Diana, I'm sorry you have to pay for your medical tests. I know they are very expensive. We are so fortunate that Gary has Medicare and a supplemental that pays almost all of his medical expenses. I get the statements and I know those tests are very expensive. He gets all of them for his diabetes every three months. Plus, he gets similar (but not the same) every three months for his kidney disease. And then sometimes they run more tests for his heart failure. If we had to pay out of pocket for all those tests, we would be in the poorhouse.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:28 PM   #10
Janet

I have a very nice young man from India as my PT. He doesn't think my pain is from slipped discs, but from a stretched/pulled muscle. He did a very thorough exam and then did some massaging type therapy first and then gave me a couple of exercises to do at home. I am to go twice a week. Hopefully after each visit I won't be as sore as I am tonight. I haven't hurt this bad for a few days at least. My PT feels that my pain will be gone in no time. I sure hope so.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:10 PM   #11
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Well, that's good news! I am sorry that you are in pain right now though!

Old 07-27-2011, 06:59 PM   #12
DianaB

I'm sorry that you're hurting but I bet your PT will have you up and going in no time!! Just make sure you do the exercises at home that he gives you!!
Old 07-27-2011, 07:16 PM   #13
Janet

I will...I'm not like my mom...I will do them faithfully twice a day just like he told me to do.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:48 AM   #14
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Go, Janet!!!

Old 07-28-2011, 09:07 AM   #15
DianaB

You'll be back in shape in no time!!!!