4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Health & Diet

Old 02-19-2009, 11:53 AM   #1
Tiramisu

Ringing in Ears

I've had ringing/buzzing in my ears for a few years now, but lately it's getting really annoying. I find myself listening to music to "drown" the buzz. I searched and see that there are several things that could cause it. I'm blaming mine on the BP meds (and aging) and don't plan to go to my doc to get it checked out.

Do any of you have problems with this or know of anybody who does? Do you have any remedies?
Old 02-19-2009, 03:00 PM   #2
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I've heard of this Sandy and for some people it can be so annoying it just about drives them crazy, while others get used to it. I don't know how I would handle it, but I know I would get it checked out.

Hope it doesn't bother you too bad.
Old 02-19-2009, 05:25 PM   #3
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

It is pretty common. I have ringing too - but I only "hear" it when I think about it. Have you been taking any extra aspirin? It probably is due to the BP meds. By the way, you mentioned it was not yet under control. What was it today?
Old 02-20-2009, 06:00 AM   #4
Tiramisu

I take the pill at 6a. Last evening, relaxing, at 5:30p it was 136/86, on the wrist cuff. This morning at 7a, after a relaxed walk, it was 147/94, on the chair cuff.

Gayle, what could have made my BP go bonkers so quickly? The nurse commented, "Your pressure is nice and low this morning. Is it always this low?", just before I went back for the second foot surgery. I was 90ish/60ish. Then, when I came out a couple hours later, there was a couple of people telling me that it went crazy high and that they had to give me something to get it down. They said I should get to my PCP right away. And, it hasn't come down since then.

I'll call and make an appointment for Monday about my ears. It is very annoying. This morning, I'm sitting here with buzzing, slightly blurred vision, and a headache. Yeah, me!
Old 02-20-2009, 06:07 AM   #5
Janet

Sandy, I'm really glad you're going to get it checked out. It sounds scary to me. I would be so afraid of a heart attack or a stroke. You take care of yourself girl until you can get to the Dr. You're one of my favorite people and I don't want anything happening to you.
Old 02-20-2009, 08:08 AM   #6
Tiramisu

Janet, how's your arm?
Old 02-20-2009, 08:24 AM   #7
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Sandy, are you cutting back on your salt? That can make your pressure higher. You need to stick with your doctor on your BP until you find some meds that work for you and make sure that you let him know that your ears are ringing.

I don't know if you have any anxiety problems, like I do, but I was having a terrible time with my BP and I went to another doctor because mine was out of town and he prescribed anxiety meds and my blood pressure is much better with BP and anxiety meds. You might want to ask your doctor about that maybe. I hope that you're able to get this all figured out. Good luck!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:44 AM   #8
Tiramisu

Diana, I've never been a big "salt adder", but have almost cut out chips and salty foods. Heck, I even get my margarita without salt on the glass, if that counts!

I don't feel like I'm overly anxious. Maybe I'll read up on the symptoms. THANKS
Old 02-20-2009, 10:06 AM   #9
Janet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiramisu View Post
Janet, how's your arm?
It seems to be a bit better. I've been taking the ibuprophen like Diana suggested plus...I started thinking. I know, not a good habit for me....LOLOL

Anyway... I started using two pillows in bed because mine needs replaced. I think my arm started hurting right after that. So last night I only used the one pillow and my arm didn't start hurting until around noon. So I'm continuing to take the ibuprophen and tonight I'll use the one pillow again and see what happens.

I know....too much information, but thanks for asking..
Old 02-20-2009, 05:05 PM   #10
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Sandy,

I feel so bad for you. Ringing in the ears must be awful. Along with the other symptoms, it's good that you're going to the doctor on Monday.

Maybe you should rest until you see the doctor.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 06:25 PM   #11
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiramisu View Post
Gayle, what could have made my BP go bonkers so quickly? The nurse commented, "Your pressure is nice and low this morning. Is it always this low?", just before I went back for the second foot surgery. I was 90ish/60ish. Then, when I came out a couple hours later, there was a couple of people telling me that it went crazy high and that they had to give me something to get it down. They said I should get to my PCP right away. And, it hasn't come down since then.
Sandy, it is a little worrisome that it went up so quickly and so dramatically. Many things can cause your BP to go up, heart or kidney problems - but you usually know about them as they show up before the high blood pressure. It isn't usual that it just goes up and stays up, for no reason, but it is possible. If it doesn't come down with reasonable treatment, I'd see an internal medicine doctor (not GP) if you haven't already to be completely checked out for other problems that result in high blood pressure.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:00 AM   #12
donna1990
Donating 4WT Addict

How is the ringing today? I know so many people that have it and have no health problems and their Doctor's say that there is nothing that can be done.
Hope your goes away and that blood pressure came down.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:33 AM   #13
Tiramisu

Quote:
Originally Posted by donna1990 View Post
How is the ringing today? I know so many people that have it and have no health problems and their Doctor's say that there is nothing that can be done.
Hope your goes away and that blood pressure came down.
Ringing's not so bad today. Maybe I needed some rest! I'll still get in to the doc this week. I really do want to find a new doctor, so maybe I'll find break a new doctor in with this.