4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Beauty & Fashion

Old 02-03-2008, 11:15 AM   #1
Tink
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Tink
Finally cut my hair!

I took about 4" off my hair last night. It looks and feels SO much better! It's pretty much all one length just below my jawbone... so is light and very simple. I'd been hating my long layers for so long... it's relief to be rid of them!
Old 02-03-2008, 03:49 PM   #2
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Well, sweetheart...you know what we're going to ask for now....right?

PICTURES!!!!!!

I bet it looks as good as it feels....beautiful!
Old 02-03-2008, 07:00 PM   #3
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Yeah! Pictures! Did you really think you could get away with cutting your hair off and not posting pictures?

I bet you look beautiful!

By the way, I met the cutest, sweetest Retriever/poodle today. I thought he was a Labradoodle - he looked like Moses. What a nice disposition he had, and what a coat! I bragged about you and your puppies.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 07:02 PM   #4
AngieDoogles
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by judy
Did you really think you could get away with cutting your hair off and not posting pictures?

Exactly what I was thinking!!

I'm so glad you feel better about your hair Tink. I always feel great after a new cut as well.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 07:31 PM   #5
Tink

Aww thanks for thinking of me Judy!
I'm biased, but I do think they're adorable dogs.
My mother, who isn't a huge dog person and really dislikes large black dogs fell in love here today. Bella absolutely won her over... that made me feel so good! She loved Chips looks, but Bella had her attention and affection.

Like many, I HATE photos of myself.
It's only because I know you all that I'd even consider doing this! hair cut back.jpg My hair is pretty much one length now and curls just slightly under all around. The gray and silver are overtaking the blonde and brown... LOL

myhaircut2.jpg Please forgive the bloodshot eyes and red complexion... even with Zyrtec my allergies are raising cane with me again.

Last edited by Tink; 02-03-2008 at 07:35 PM.
Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 07:58 PM   #6
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Very nice, Tink! It looks good on you. I like how easy short hair is to take care of!

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 04:28 AM   #7
Marilyn

Tink, It looks very nice. Very similiar to the style mine is now. I'm letting my grow to one length & then will decide what to do with it.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 06:50 AM   #8
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Tink, your hair looks really cute on you!!!!! That's one of the styles that I like on me too but I have bangs with mine. Mine's cut a little more layered now and I'm growing my bangs out for a change. I think that you need to make the picture of you your avatar. It really shows "you" off better than the one you've been using! You did a great job and you did it yourself????

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 10:02 AM   #9
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Your hair is very pretty. I like the way it falls around your face, and I like the color.

Your face is wonderful, by the way. You are lovely, look very happy and have a great smile.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 10:15 AM   #10
AngieDoogles
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Tink, that looks like a really good length on you! Mine is just a little longer than that and I really like it. Easier to take care of, lol!
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 05:00 PM   #11
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Tink I love your hairstyle. That's exactly what I would like to have but my hair has so much wave in it. I would have to straighten it all the time. I keep mine shorter and can dry it straighter with a blow dryer. If I didn't use a dryer, it would wave all over the place...LOL.

I'm with Diana....you should use it as your avatar. You have such a warm beautiful face Tink. So inviting.
Old 02-04-2008, 07:08 PM   #12
Tink

Thanks all.
I haven't even told Greg I cut my hair yet. It was a spur of the moment thing. I was actually going to take a shower; caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and said "YUCK I need a change"! So I grabbed the scissors and cut it off before hopping in the shower. Can we say IMPULSIVE? lol

Most of my life I looked considerably younger than I was... then I got Bells Palsy and woke up one morning with half my face paralyzed. I was fortunate that most of the effects from that did eventually clear up, but when I get tired or run down especially, you can still really notice it. My left side just doesn't work quite right anymore. Then when I got sick with all my heart problems, diabetes, hypothyroid, etc I swear I aged 20 yrs in just a few months. I HATE having my picture taken and avoid mirrors. I don't look anything like I feel, so it's weird to see myself as I've become. I've never been a beauty, yet to have gone downhill so fast and to look so much older so quickly has been a bit hard to handle.

This is why it's taken me so long to post any pictures of myself.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:46 AM   #13
Marilyn

Tink, you are beautiful. Our bodies are just our earth suits, and we don't get to pick which one we get. We do our best to take care of it because we can't trade it in while we are here on earth. Our souls were created to last for eternity, so in the whole scheme of things. We are just beginning our lives, and our physical bodies will be gone soon, replaced, if we live right and obey God's will, by something much more glorious.

And I know what you mean about looking younger. I always looked younger than I am, but somewhere in the late 40s, my body caught up, and folks don't guess wrong any more, if they dare to guess. Oh well, not much we can do about it.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 07:24 AM   #14
Ponyup

That hair cut is super cute on you, I can't believe you did it yourself, you're amazing.
Ponyup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 11:13 AM   #15
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink
Thanks all.
I haven't even told Greg I cut my hair yet. It was a spur of the moment thing. I was actually going to take a shower; caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and said "YUCK I need a change"! So I grabbed the scissors and cut it off before hopping in the shower. Can we say IMPULSIVE? lol

Most of my life I looked considerably younger than I was... then I got Bells Palsy and woke up one morning with half my face paralyzed. I was fortunate that most of the effects from that did eventually clear up, but when I get tired or run down especially, you can still really notice it. My left side just doesn't work quite right anymore. Then when I got sick with all my heart problems, diabetes, hypothyroid, etc I swear I aged 20 yrs in just a few months. I HATE having my picture taken and avoid mirrors. I don't look anything like I feel, so it's weird to see myself as I've become. I've never been a beauty, yet to have gone downhill so fast and to look so much older so quickly has been a bit hard to handle.

This is why it's taken me so long to post any pictures of myself.
Tink, I think that the picture of you with your new haircut is a really nice picture of you but I know how you feel because I'm never happy with my pictures of me either. The picture of me in my avatar is NOT the everyday me. It's the dressed up and ready to go somewhere me and I'd be embarrassed for anyone to see how I usually am. The picture of you makes you look very youthful and like you're ready to tackle the world, which you are with your new business adventure! You're a very beautiful woman, Tink, inside and out!!!!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote