4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Beauty & Fashion

Old 11-08-2006, 02:30 PM   #1
RLC12345678
4WT 500 Club Member

What brand of makeup do you use?

I have tried several brands, but I always come back to Laura Mercier. Her makeup makes my face look flawless! I love it!!!!!!!!!
"To whom much is given, much is expected." ~Luke 12:48
RLC12345678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 02:40 PM   #2
2tiredmom

I just use Avon, Mascara and blush only. Don't like the looks of foundation on my face. I like for my skin to breathe. But on other people I think it looks great. It's just not for me.

Last edited by 2tiredmom; 11-08-2006 at 02:42 PM.
2tiredmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 02:45 PM   #3
RLC12345678
4WT 500 Club Member

I don't use foundation either. Just powder, blush, eye shadow, eyeliner and mascera. However, my eyeshadow and mascera come from Walmart! I have Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner and it stays on ALL freaking day! You can even swim in the stuff and it won't come off. I love it!
Old 11-08-2006, 02:59 PM   #4
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I don't use foundation either, just mascara, eye shadow, blush, and powder. I use Mary Kay products.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 03:00 PM   #5
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I don't wear makeup very often. Driving a bus...really no need. I do if we go out and to church, special occasions. I usually use Covergirl foundation and powder, Revlon mascara, Maybelline or Loreal shadows. Would really like to go to one of the department stores and try Clinque products sometime.
Old 11-08-2006, 03:12 PM   #6
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I'm like you, Janet. I don't usually wear makeup unless I'm going to church or some other dress up thing.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 03:29 PM   #7
Janet

I perspire so badly, especially in the summer, but also in the winter if I'm doing something strenuous. Got that from Dad's side of the family. I wish there was some way to not perspire so badly, but I've done this since I was really young.

So embarassing at times. So it doesn't really do me any good to wear makeup most of the time.
Old 11-08-2006, 03:51 PM   #8
BabyNicole

I like Clinique.
Old 11-08-2006, 06:37 PM   #9
Tink
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Tink
I'm not a fan of wearing makeup, so keep it light. I tan well, but have a pink complexion and dark blonde hair, so avoid really dark eye makeup.
I do feel I have to wear some for work, so use a very thin line of brown eyeliner on my upper lid only, a dab of blush and a light coat of black/brown mascara; and occassionally a bit of brown eye shadow. At 51, I've developed some light wrinkles and don't see anything to be gained by accenting them. LOL

I've always had sensitive skin, so avoided heavy makeup rather than risk a break out. I'm not a big fan of jewelry either, but do wear a watch and sometimes a necklace if the neckline of my blouse calls for one.
Old 11-08-2006, 08:51 PM   #10
blowry

I use maybelline mascara, covergirl eyeliner (I'm going to try that revlon eyeliner...I have to reapply a couple of times a day) I use physicians formula bronzer, and what ever lip color is on sale...I buy all my make up at wal mart too...I tried the expensive stuff and I don't care for it....I think the cheap stuff works just as well.
Old 11-09-2006, 06:30 AM   #11
Janet

I have never used eyeliner. I don't know if I would know how to use it or if it would even look good on me. I've seen there are so many kinds, how do you choose? I've seen the liquid, kinda of a cake like, and a pencil type.
Old 11-09-2006, 11:11 AM   #12
RLC12345678
4WT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
I have never used eyeliner. I don't know if I would know how to use it or if it would even look good on me. I've seen there are so many kinds, how do you choose? I've seen the liquid, kinda of a cake like, and a pencil type.

I use the kind that you have to roll up from the bottom. It is not liquid, but it is not a hard pencil either. It is more like a crayon. When I don't wear eyeliner, people tell me that I look like I'm either really tired or sick, and then I say, No, I'm just not wearing eyeliner today. For some people, like me, it makes their eyes look bigger. For some people, it makes their eyes look smaller. I use a taupe color eyeliner on the top and none on the bottom. It makes my eyes look smaller when I use it on the bottom. I so use mascera on the bottom, though.

I absolutely hate wearing makeup. I wear it everyday to work and on Sundays to church, and on the weekends if we go out with friends, but whenever I have a chance not to wear makeup, I don't.
Old 11-09-2006, 05:50 PM   #13
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

I'm in a position where I sell to men. I don't use sex to sell, but I have to look nice. Even though I dress conservatively, I do have guys make passes at me from time to time. It can be very uncomfortable. Well back to makeup, I used to use the expensive stuff, Estee Lauder & Clinique but have found that MaxFactor Lasting Performance Foundation, Covergirl Powder, Covergirl perfect point plus eyeliner (Janet, you might try Covergirl's 215 Grey Khaki it's a good color for redheads), Maybelline mascara, Maybelline lipstick & whatever blush and eye shadow work just fine & no one knows the difference. I like the convenience of being about to buy it anywhere 24 hours a day. Someone told me years ago that MaxFactor makes Estee Lauder, and I believe it. Their packaging colors and feel are very similiar. The MaxFactor foundation is the same color as the Estee Lauder that I used, just a little thinner in consistency, but for the huge difference in price, I don't mind is being a little thinner.

Also, I use bronze tones on the eyeshadow so it goes with anything. Much simpler when getting ready in the morning.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 06:36 PM   #14
Emmsmom

I have been using Almay products.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:12 PM   #15
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

I use covergirl EVERYTHING. For the past few months I've been using their whipped foundation and I like it so much, it blends really easily and it feels so light. I also use a bit of eyeshadow, pencil liner, and lashexact mascara.
Janet - if you're not sure about using eyeliner, you can also just buy an eyeliner brush, and use it with eyeshadow! It's just a fine-tipped brush, and you can make the line subtle by using it dry, or get a defined line by wetting the tip before putting it in the shadow.

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote