4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Relationships

Old 04-22-2008, 04:18 PM   #1
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Mama's coming home Sunday!

My mother is coming home on Sunday and I'm ready....I think...LOL She is a hoot for sure. I called her the other day and said it wouldn't be long and she'd be home and she said.."I suppose." I told her it didn't sound like she wanted to come home very bad and she said "I don't really, there's not as much for me to do up there (meaning home)."

LOLOL she's laying on the guilt and she's not even home yet...LOL. I told her if she had more to do there, to just stay down there and she said.."No, I'll come home."

She has plenty to do during the day, but she doesn't of an evening. She used to play cards with her lady friends, but sadly they've all passed and the only one she has left has lost her sight.

I'm not a night person. I have to be home and in bed (usually) by 9:00 at the latest. I may have the TV on, but I'm still in bed. Hopefully I can find some evening things for her to do, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

I'll just be happy when she's home.
Old 04-22-2008, 04:37 PM   #2
deb22
Donating 4WT Yakker

Aww, that's great that she's coming home. Maybe she can take your place on here when you go to bed. Kat will keep her busy.

I was very good at Kickball. My specialty, the high kick where your leg goes up,and your shoe goes on top of the school!
deb22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 05:04 PM   #3
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb22 View Post
Aww, that's great that she's coming home. Maybe she can take your place on here when you go to bed. Kat will keep her busy.
Janet Deb has a good idea.. Let her join and Kat will keep her busy... Love ya Kat!

Janet your mom sounds like so much fun! God bless her.
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 10:01 PM   #4
Taurus Babe

I know you must be excited! I agree with the other ladies...keep her busy!!!
Old 04-23-2008, 03:58 AM   #5
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Janet, you know her much better than we do, but I don't think she was piling on the guilt by mentioning that there is not much to do back home. She may be having a really good time socially in Florida, and she won't have that at home. She may not blame you for it, just being truthful and stating a fact. She may also be realizing that she probably won't be going back to Florida next year, and she may not be looking to you to be her entertainment director back home. At least I hope not!!! Again, you know her better than we do, and you know what activities are available for her.

If you have her join here, you may want to get with your buddy Admin and have a few threads deleted!!

Glad you mom is coming home!!
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 06:45 AM   #6
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Marilyn,

You're so sensible!

She might be right, Janet. Anyway - you don't have to take on the guilt. She could stay in Florida. She's choosing to come home, not you.

I love your stories about her anyway, so I'm happy.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 07:07 AM   #7
Janet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn View Post
Janet, you know her much better than we do, but I don't think she was piling on the guilt by mentioning that there is not much to do back home. She may be having a really good time socially in Florida, and she won't have that at home. She may not blame you for it, just being truthful and stating a fact. She may also be realizing that she probably won't be going back to Florida next year, and she may not be looking to you to be her entertainment director back home. At least I hope not!!! Again, you know her better than we do, and you know what activities are available for her.

If you have her join here, you may want to get with your buddy Admin and have a few threads deleted!!

Glad you mom is coming home!!
Nope, wrong on this one...LOL. I do know my mother..LOL. Most of the snowbirds in her park have left. She was just complaining in an earlier phone call that they couldn't have B-I-N-G-O anymore because there were not enough people.

No, she's wanting to make sure I make time for her...LOL. I will, she doesn't have to worry, but I'm not sure about having her on here. Oh my, will I have to watch what I say. I will think about it though.
Old 04-23-2008, 07:35 AM   #8
Tink

Send a message via MSN to Tink
Janet, Grandparents.com or eons.com are both geared toward the older population. If you think she'd enjoy an online community why not steer her to those? I don't blame you for not wanting to bring her here. This is YOUR little haven and that would certainly alter it. Much as I love my Mom I wouldn't want her here daily either.
Old 04-23-2008, 08:16 AM   #9
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink View Post
Janet, Grandparents.com or eons.com are both geared toward the older population. If you think she'd enjoy an online community why not steer her to those? I don't blame you for not wanting to bring her here. This is YOUR little haven and that would certainly alter it. Much as I love my Mom I wouldn't want her here daily either.
That's a good idea, Tink! Do you have a senior's center in town? They always have activities going on. Maybe that would help your Mom to keep busy and make friends.

I know that you're looking forward to having her home but have your reservations about it too. Just remember the last year and how much better you both got along. Hopefully it will continue. Good luck!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 09:30 AM   #10
Janet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaB View Post
That's a good idea, Tink! Do you have a senior's center in town? They always have activities going on. Maybe that would help your Mom to keep busy and make friends.

I know that you're looking forward to having her home but have your reservations about it too. Just remember the last year and how much better you both got along. Hopefully it will continue. Good luck!!

Yes we have a senior center, but remember, she said they were all too old...LOL. It just blows me away, because you can start going there at 55 years old. I'm kind of looking forward to seeing what it's like. They always have something in the paper about all the activities and trips...I would love that! Maybe it bothers her to be reminded of her own mortality...I don't know.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:38 AM   #11
Marilyn

My mother was weird like that. Don't get me wrong. I loved her very, very much, but she was not very social. She had friends and would tell the lady at the grocery store checkout her life's story over and over again, but she would have never gone to a senior citizen's center. She didn't get along with the ladies at a group home where she lived after Daddy passed away. She complained a lot and wanted my undivided attention even though I worked all day, had a husband and two little girls to raise. She wanted to be around people she was comfortable with. I think as she got older, and your mom may be the same way, she did not want to make new friends, just pester the old ones and me of course. They can be sooo very frustrating, but we gotta love them!!
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 09:40 AM   #12
katcarasella
KAT'S KRAZY KORNER
Donating Member

Send a message via Yahoo to katcarasella
I'm hoping she'll find something to keep her busy Janet, is she into the internet?
I like the senior citizen center idea, maybe she'll try it out this time, they have so many fun activities.
Here's a for you, it'll be O.K.

Kat
katcarasella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 04:35 PM   #13
Janet

Thanks everyone. I do love my Mom, she is a character for sure. She does like the Internet, but isn't real sure about it. She mostly uses her computer for games. I'm hoping to be able to show her a few game sites that she will like.
Old 04-25-2008, 06:10 PM   #14
Tink

Send a message via MSN to Tink
Janet, I hope she's maybe mellowed a bit so is a bit easier on you.
Old 04-26-2008, 02:45 AM   #15
Janet

Bless your heart Tink....LOL....that will never happen.... Besides, I'd worry something was wrong, that she was sad, sick..etc. if she mellowed.