4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Relationships

Old 09-14-2007, 10:46 AM   #1
Tink
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Tink
Janet, how's mom?

I've had the 2 of you on my mind ever since seeing you had to take her to ER.
I'm praying you're both ok

HUGS
Old 09-14-2007, 11:08 AM   #2
Mandy
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Hope things are Ok there Janet, keeping you, and your mom in my thoughts, and prayers, please let us know how things are!!
Old 09-14-2007, 02:44 PM   #3
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I've wondered how your Mom is too. I hope that all is well.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 02:54 AM   #4
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Thanks ladies Mom was released from the hospital araound 5:00 PM yesterday. She seems better, but I just don't really know. She seemed fine to come home, Doctor said she could go and would see her at her appointment on the 27th, but on our way home...I could 'hear' her breathe. I asked her if she was okay and she said yes.

She was able to make it from the van to her house a lot better than making it from the house to the van Wednesday evening. She tries to tell me it's because she hasn't done anything but lay in a hospital bed. I'm so tired of them running all these tests on her and some over again and not finding out what is wrong.

We thought the shots were working to tell the bone marrow to make more blood and it did between the first and second shots, but after the third, it went from a count of 10 to 8.5 and then Wed. to 7.3. That's not good. I guess the only thing we can do is wait until the 27th and I'll take my list of questions and concerns.

I feel like everytime I turn around I just need to cry.

Then to add to it all, I took Mom to the ER on Wed. evening. I was so tired that my husband drove me over on Thursday to be with her. On our way home I was dozing off and when I happened to open my eyes, we were going toward the right of the highway. When I looked at my husband to ask what was he doing...he was asleep at the wheel. Could have been disasterous.

Please keep the prayers coming. I just don't know what's going to happen or if they can even make Mom a little better.

Tink, how are those puppies?

Last edited by Janet; 09-15-2007 at 02:56 AM.
Janet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 07:08 AM   #5
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Janet, I'm so sorry that your Mom is having problems still. It's agravating when the doctors can't figure out what's wrong and keep running tests. My Dad went through a lot of that too. We never did find out exactly what was causing his bleeding. Hopefully you'll get some answers at your next appointment.

During all of this you need to take time and take care of yourself, like get enough sleep and eat well. It won't help anything if you get sick too. Thank goodness we've all been praying for you or you could have been in a bad accident!! Then while you're in the hospital what we we do on here without your smiling face and encouraging words to keep us going? Let us know if there's anything we can do besides pray!!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 11:31 AM   #6
Mandy

My goodness Janet, my thoughts and prayers are with you, and your family girl. It sounds like you have more on your plate then you can handle, try to get some "time out" for yourself, you need it!
Old 09-15-2007, 02:20 PM   #7
Tink
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Tink
{{{Janet}}} I wish it were better news. as I'm sure this is so hard for you as well as your Mom. My prayers continue for you both and if you need to vent you have my email address. I would love to be any help to you that I can even if it's only a shoulder to cry on.

The puppies are doing fabulously. I plan to get new pictures of them in the next day or so. They're round and growing like weeds. It's so cool to see them so content. Canada is an excellent mama. I hardly hear a peep out of any of them.
Old 09-15-2007, 02:44 PM   #8
Janet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaB
Janet, I'm so sorry that your Mom is having problems still. It's agravating when the doctors can't figure out what's wrong and keep running tests. My Dad went through a lot of that too. We never did find out exactly what was causing his bleeding. Hopefully you'll get some answers at your next appointment.

During all of this you need to take time and take care of yourself, like get enough sleep and eat well. It won't help anything if you get sick too. Thank goodness we've all been praying for you or you could have been in a bad accident!! Then while you're in the hospital what we we do on here without your smiling face and encouraging words to keep us going? Let us know if there's anything we can do besides pray!!!!
Diana, thank you!!
Old 09-15-2007, 02:46 PM   #9
Janet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy
My goodness Janet, my thoughts and prayers are with you, and your family girl. It sounds like you have more on your plate then you can handle, try to get some "time out" for yourself, you need it!

I'm trying, it's just not been easy! I'm so ready for that massage I've talked about, but I just can't right now. I'm so afraid I'll be doing something so relaxing for myself and something will happen to my Mom. I'm just exhausted. I think here in about another hour I'm going to go to bed early. I really feel the need to sleep.
Old 09-15-2007, 06:15 PM   #10
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Janet , I am so sorry to read about what is going on with your mom. Sure your exhausted between not sleeping well, running to hospital and just worrying. Please try to get some rest and your mom is in my prayers to..
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 12:16 PM   #11
AngieDoogles

Janet, I'm SO sorry about your mom! I really hope you get good news at your next appointment. You've been amazing to my mom and our family since she's been having medical problems, know that we are here for you as well! *hugs*
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 04:54 PM   #12
Forgivenmom5
4WT 500 Club Member

Janet my prayers are with you and your mom. I wish you both peace and healing. I am trying to remember that God is stronger than any illness or disease. My He touch the lives of your family.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:20 PM   #13
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Dear Janet,

I feel for you. Your plate is really overflowing. Poor Mom too. It sounds like she's having a rough time. My prayers are with you, Mom and hubby.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote