4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Vent!

Old 10-13-2009, 01:37 PM   #1
2tiredmom

Still no job..

Okay. I'm getting tired of not being able to spend some quality time to myself.
Hubby has been out of work for 8 months now. We have gone though all of our savings. I know he feels bad. But really... He will not work in a factory.
He is an Ag guy all the way but only want's certain jobs. He has applied but no luck yet. If it were me I'd be out there pounding the pavement. He has even
put out there that he will relocate. Still nothing. I love my home up here. I love my dear friends that I've made up here in the last 8 years. But I will relocate so it will be my turn to stay home and do nothing all day. Am I bad or what.
Yesterday I had the day off of work. SO I cleaned, cleaned and cleaned. He sat at his computer all day. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
I go back to work today and what does he do. He goes bow hunting. HELLO>>>> Thanks for letting me vent. It has to get better right.
Thanks again.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:48 PM   #2
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Oh I'm so sorry Linda! I hope he can find a new job soon and you won't have to move. But beggars can't be choosers. If I were him I think I'd take any job, especially being out of work for so long. Even if he has a job he doesn't like and isn't making much, at least he'd be making something while he looks for something better.

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 01:53 PM   #3
2tiredmom

Thanks Lindsey,

I just had to vent.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:00 PM   #4
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I can understand Linda. I like having time to myself too. I don't understand, after all this time, why he won't take "something." It's better than nothing. Is he still able to draw unemployment?

You probably need to have a heart to heart. If he's not going to find work, no matter what it is, then he needs to keep that house spotless so you don't have to on your days off. He's probably doing like Rick did when he was out of work. On the computer all day trying to find jobs. I finally told him to get off his a$$ and beat the pavement, so he did. He was only out of work about 4-5 months I think, but I thought I was going to lose my mind with him around all the time.

You vent when ever you want okay, it's so much better than taking a ball bat to them...LOL
Old 10-13-2009, 02:20 PM   #5
2tiredmom

I don't know, he did teach me how to shoot a gun 20 years ago. LOL.
I'm just kidding. I love him to much for that. We also found out he is diabetic too.
He went back to the dr today and it's much better. He is on medicine so it is helping thank goodness. But dr put him on blood pressure meds today too.
It was up. When it rains it pours. I'm in the monsoon season right now. lol.
Old 10-13-2009, 03:17 PM   #6
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I'm really sorry Linda. It was a big adjustment for me too when my husband got sick and could no longer work. At first he was so sick, it didn't bother me, I spent all my extra time taking care of him. But then as he got better after about a year, I began to really miss my alone time at home. Now we do everything together and I am never alone anymore, but I have gradually gotten used to it.

I just don't know what I'd do if my husband couldn't/wouldn't find a job, I think I'd be plenty mad! I feel like I personally, would take any job just to bring in some income - and to show prospective employers that I had been working, even if it wasn't in my field. I have heard it looks bad to have such a long gap in your resume - although I'm not really sure about that.

I sure hope he finds work SOON!!!
Old 10-13-2009, 04:29 PM   #7
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I'm so sorry, Linda. I knew that he had an opportunity that came up and I was praying for him. I know what you mean about needing some time to yourself......with having Karlie all day and Glen and Jaci in the evening. I really appreciate the time that Amy and Tammy watch her.

I agree with Janet about the heart to heart. Let him know that while he's home he could at least help you out. Give him a list for the day or make recommendations on what he can do. Good Luck! I'll be praying.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 01:39 PM   #8
2tiredmom

Thanks Girls,

I gave him a list today. My youngest called me from school because she forgot
a couple of things. So when I went home for lunch I told him what she needed and that he could have the van and take the items to school for her. Then I told him what we needed from the store. SO he had a busy afternoon running errands. Picked me up from work the I told him to go hunting. So now I'm home alone. It's so peaceful now. Now what do i want to fix for supper. I really do appreciate you ladies here.

Thank You.
Old 10-14-2009, 01:55 PM   #9
paula1961

I'm glad you are having a nice evening. And I hope your husband finds work soon. These are very stressful times for so many people. Hopefully things will get better soon Have a good evening... About supper. Fix something quick and easy so you'll have more time to relax
paula1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 02:25 PM   #10
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Gosh, those really were great suggestions, weren't they! Hope your life continues to get easier!
Old 10-14-2009, 07:06 PM   #11
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Oh Linda, I'm so glad that things are better!!! Sometimes men just need a little push. I know that my husband would do things if he just knew what needed done in that situation. We just have to learn to speak up.....so good for you. I'd have him doing the sweeping and cleaning too. There's no reason for your weekends to be so full of cleaning that you can't enjoy your time off. I do hope that your husband finds a job soon because I know that it's a worry for you. Hugs.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 03:52 AM   #12
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Oh, Linda, so hope things work out for you very soon!!! Not having any alone time is something that you can adjust to. I'm very seldom alone. Since I work in another town, hubby is almost always home before me, and sometimes he will work from home and never leave. He does do things around the house, but has gotten pretty lax lately, so I'm feeling the pressure to do more when I'm home. Home building has been slow lately so he has more time off, but he's working on his projects in the garage.

Your husband may be concerned about taking a job he feels is below him, and how it may affect future employment opportunities. However, in this economy, future prospective employers will understand a resume with a gap in employment, or a job that is not in line with the rest of your experience, and will understand that you are working to get back into your preferred field. Employers now respect that you are trying to support your family in difficult times.

I just hired a new warehouse person yesterday who had been laid off from his previous position since December 2008. His experience is wonderful for our line of business. We could have never have gotten someone of his caliber in better times, just hope he stays when things improve.

Will be praying that things improve in your world very very soon!!
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 12:57 PM   #13
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I'm glad you had a list for him. I remember getting so angry with Rick...I just was not use to having him around so much and it got so I hated it. It will get better Linda....but he does need to find something, whether it's in his field or not.....he has a family to support. Has his family found out he's not working yet?
Old 10-15-2009, 05:07 PM   #14
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Linda you are so entitled to vent honey.. We are here listening.. It must be very frustrating with him home. This economy is terrible you have to make the best of it. He needs to hit the pavement and take any work for now and in the meantime give him your honey do list every evening.. Men need to be told what to do, why not let him cook , do laundry everything you would be doing if you were home. It is only fair.

I work to and I have the job where I work weekends, and it is so nice to come home to either hubby taking me to dinner or cooking on the weekends. I am not fussy. lol

It is very depressing and I wish him luck in finding employment. I have my son home who graduated this past Spring with a degree in fiances. He goes online and sends resumes . I told him to go to the city < Wall Street > and hook up with head hunters that is their job. He said he has called several but there are no entry level jobs. So ladies keep him in your prayes too....
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 06:17 PM   #15
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I'm sorry Gina, that your son is having a hard time - it must be hard in these times to get an entry level job in markets where there are lots of experienced workers looking for jobs.