4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Off Topic Discussion

Old 05-02-2007, 12:15 PM   #1
Lopsi

Yorkie Rescue Needing Home

I'm sick and tired of trying to find her a home on YT because every time I try to do something, I can't get in. So here goes:

I found an ad for a pure yorkie for $100, and I knew something was up. I went called them and talked to them, realizing the baby needed a home quickly. So I drove to them, gave them $100, and brought home this poor, pitiful baby who's probably never been loved on before. This was last week. I knew when I did it that we couldn't keep her, but I just coudln't leave her there. They had "too many dogs" and were "done" with her, so if she didn't get rehomed, they were going to just put her down. She didn't have a name, either, but we've been calling her Angel.

She's in Fort Worth, Texas right now, and we've spent $250 on her between getting her, cleaning her up, and seeing the vet. That's what we're asking for an adoption fee. I won't ship her, but I don't mind her travelling if there's a way to get her to her new home besides throwing her on a plane or something.

Her name is very fitting. She's coming out of her shell, and she's going to make someone a really good dog. She gets along great with my other 2 yorkies, and she seems to be mostly potty trained. She won't tell me she has to go, but when we go out, she goes. She will bark and tell me if she's in the kennel though.

She looks pregnant from having litter after litter, but my vet has assured us that it's highly unlikely that she is. She gave birth roughly 8 weeks ago and is still lactating, but only a little. She is roughly 4-5 years old, which my vet confirmed. The puppy mill said she's current on her shots, but I don't believe anything they said, so I would highly recommend getting those. She had ear mites, but we've been treating those, and she's just about done with treatments. Her right knee luxates a little, but her left is fine. She also has a couple loose and broken teeth, so she need some dental work. She does NOT have mastitis, either. Oh, and she's roughly 13 lbs. With the exception of needing her teeth worked on, she's in overall great condition considering her circumstances.

Please, if you're interested in her or you know someone who is, let me know. I'll post pictures in a bit. She needs a forever home really quickly.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:24 PM   #2
Lopsi

She was shaved down to absolutely nothing. She's starting to regrow some of her fur though. She also has an undocked tail. Here's some pics after her grooming

I think once her fur grows out, she will be very, very pretty. She's also got a very sweet demeanor and LOVES hot dogs!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rescue0557.JPG (137.9 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Rescue0558.JPG (116.1 KB, 9 views)
Old 05-02-2007, 01:43 PM   #3
Mandy
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

OMG she does look pitiful, poor baby, you can tell by the look on her face, she didnt have the luxurious life she deserves. This breaks my heart!
We will keep bumping this post, with hope that someone here can have her, she looks like such a sweet little thing too.
You have a beautiful heart for saving this baby, and i thank you!
Old 05-02-2007, 01:44 PM   #4
cindy0721

Send a message via Yahoo to cindy0721
oh gosh, I wish I could help but I don't think Gizmo would be too keen on her since she is older and bigger... poor baby though... you know I wrote my college paper on puppy mills and you would be surprised at the things I found out... horrible people in this world..
Old 05-02-2007, 01:52 PM   #5
Mandy
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindy0721
oh gosh, I wish I could help but I don't think Gizmo would be too keen on her since she is older and bigger... poor baby though... you know I wrote my college paper on puppy mills and you would be surprised at the things I found out... horrible people in this world..

People can be so cruel, ive never been able to understand why or what gets into them. i cant stand nasty people, i cant be nice to them!
Old 05-02-2007, 02:16 PM   #6
Lopsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindy0721
I know I was shocked at Angel's horrible condition. VERY bad shape. And she stunk so badly, it was all I could do to get her home. And then I threw her directly into the tub. With being totally shaved all the way to the skin, I STILL pulled fleas off of her. That told me a lot. Then I took her in to my groomer the next day - there was so much that needed done that I just couldn't do under the circumstances. Her nails were so long, they curled and picked up carpet when she walked. And she had hard clumps of dirt/poop/who-knows-what stuck between the pads of her feet. Her ears were solid black, too. My poor groomer worked on her for hours.

Another thing that really bothered me is this: I knew when I went what I was doing. I knew she needed to be rescued, no matter what. I made up my mind, even though it was a situation I would NEVER look for a dog in, that I was buying this dog. And when I got there, I was like "OH she's absolutely adorable!" (yes, even though she stunk and was the ugliest most hairless dog ever). And I went, "What's her name?" "I don't know... let me call Mom." 15 minutes later, she hangs up the phone, "We think her name's Molly." OMG You've had this dog over 4 years and you THINK her name is Molly!? I put her in the car and drove off. She's oblivious to any name - pretty much nameless. So we named her Angel. Poor, sweet baby.

But she's really starting to come out of her shell. She's just adorable. If we leave the porch door open, she goes out there to potty rather than on the carpet. She doesn't comprend to tell me she needs to go, but she does comprehend that it's not good to potty on the floor. If our situation were any different, we'd keep her in a heartbeat, but we just can't right now....
Old 05-03-2007, 08:57 PM   #7
Lopsi

Red face

I just posted this on YT, thought I'd post it here for ya'll, too

My sweet, adorable little 2 YEAR (not "day") old yorkie has found Angel's teets and realized that she's lactating...
Silly Bogey.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rescue0560.JPG (127.0 KB, 8 views)