4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Beauty & Fashion

Old 01-02-2007, 12:24 PM   #1
hunbun

plastic surgery? esp breast implants

i guess i haven't gone out for a while. hubby and i went to a party for nye at a hotel. we're noticing how many walking boob jobs there were at the party. the demographics of this party was mostly middle class couples from their early 20's to late 30's. since when did they become so popular???
Old 01-02-2007, 02:04 PM   #2
Lissa

I like mine just the way they are!

boobs%20rock.jpg

Marilyn's Disappearing Daughter!!
Cake or Death, Melissa
"Therefore do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward. For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God you may receive what is promised." Heb 10:35-36

Lissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 02:45 PM   #3
hunbun

ditto to that!!!! nothing beats real boobs!!!
on the other hand, i understand why some people need or would want the implants, especially when you're older, had a few kids, had health conditions like breast cancer , etc etc. but i just never realize they're an expensive fad for those who don't really need them, like a new pair of milano blahnik's.
Old 01-02-2007, 02:51 PM   #4
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I don't have boobs....LOL at least I don't think so, but I sure don't want them any bigger. I have noticed whenever we go to the "city" they sure are perkier there...LOLOL Wonder if they are having surgery or it's just all the bad air they're breathing in????
Old 01-02-2007, 04:16 PM   #5
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Nobody ever seems happy with their boobs. The big gals want theirs smaller and the little gals want theirs to be really bigger, not just enough to look good but enough to bulge out!! I'm not happy with mine because they're small and one side is bigger than the other, but this is the way God made me and so I'm leaving well enough alone.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 11:05 PM   #6
Khristine

well i'm young, but i'm considering a breast augmentation.

With the birth of my first child (definitely not my last ) and breastfeeding, my breasts have began to.. unfortunately.. sag

i've always had small boobs, so to speak, and pregnancy made me really happy because i actually had boobs! but now their gone and not only that, they've left me with saggy.. boobs lol.

So i am going to get a breast aug/lift. just so that i'll be happy with myself i don't see anything wrong with that.

real boobs do rock.. if you have them lol
Old 01-03-2007, 03:09 AM   #7
Janet

Why not try all those boob exercises they talk about..wouldn't they help? I don't have much to exercise...LOL, but I remember this one piece of equipment they sold many years ago was suppose to do wonders. It was when I was in my late teens, early twenties I believe. I bought it then, but as with all exercise...I didn't stick to it. Do any of you rememer that? It was something you squeezed in front of your chest...but I don't remember what it was called or what exactly it looked like.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:39 PM   #8
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

I wouldn't consider it, unless I was one of those truly unfortunates with mosquito bites & it was really affecting self-esteem & making it hard to find nice fitting clothes. Then I'd get the minimum to get a reasonable improvement. Boobs can be heavy. My mother and grandmother had really large ones, and it's much easier to move around and exercise when they are reasonably sized.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 10:18 PM   #9
Lissa

Implants are perfectly logical when it comes to women who have had them removed due to breast cancer, I even think insurance should pay for it in those cases. And I can understand women that are flat chested wanting to get them done if it makes them happy. The people I think are ridiculous are the tiny petite women getting DDs and women like Pamela Anderson and Dolly Parton.

Marilyn's Disappearing Daughter!!
Cake or Death, Melissa
"Therefore do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward. For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God you may receive what is promised." Heb 10:35-36

Lissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 05:30 AM   #10
Janet

There is a lady that lives down the road (her kids ride my bus), must be in her mid thirties somewhere and she has the most humongous boobs I have ever seen. They are real. She is a little heavy, but not overly FAT.

They look absolutely horrible. She sub teaches at the school once in awhile and I guess the kids have a field day about it. She should get something done I would think, but if they don't bother her...who am I to judge?
Old 01-04-2007, 03:32 PM   #11
red98vett

LOVE THAT T-SHIRT ! That's too funny -

I see so many women with implants I can't believe it - how do they all afford it ?? how many girls in their 20's have 4-6 GRAND ?? It amazes me.

If I didn't already have DD's I would get implants....but like standing too much to ever want anything bigger lol -

I would have surgery on my face if I could - but man - I need a sugar daddy for that
red98vett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 06:52 PM   #12
RLC12345678
4WT 500 Club Member

I want implants! I want my boobs to look perfect all the time whether I have on a bra or not! But I have no money right now. Hubby doesn't want me to get them, but I think that is what I'm going to give myself when I graduate from law school.
"To whom much is given, much is expected." ~Luke 12:48
RLC12345678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 08:16 AM   #13
rivermom
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

It's such a personal choice for all...With many reasons for doing or not doing so. I've had breast augmention done twice. Id love to have a tummy tuck and lipo on the hips/butt only realizing this will never happen due to $$$$$.

It's just not fun getting old that's all I gotta say.
rivermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 04:53 PM   #14
khardy57

[QUOTE=rivermom]It's such a personal choice for all...With many reasons for doing or not doing so. I've had breast augmention done twice. Id love to have a tummy tuck and lipo on the hips/butt only realizing this will never happen due to $$$$$.
It's just not fun getting old that's all I gotta say

I had a lifestyle face lift back in July and love it! I've got to go back for a touch up in the spring after all is finished healing. I've thought long and hard about lipo and a tummy tuck but here's the conclusion I've come to:

I need to find a surgeon who can remove my hair, pull everything up about a foot, tie a knot, and put me in touch with someone who does really great wigs
khardy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 07:05 PM   #15
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by khardy57
I had a lifestyle face lift back in July and love it! I've got to go back for a touch up in the spring after all is finished healing. I've thought long and hard about lipo and a tummy tuck but here's the conclusion I've come to:

I need to find a surgeon who can remove my hair, pull everything up about a foot, tie a knot, and put me in touch with someone who does really great wigs
1. What is a "lifestyle face lift"? Is it a special kind?

2. Kim, you crack me up. I need the same kind of lift, but would worry that my nipples would be on my neck, and where would my lips end up?
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote