4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Prayer Requests

Old 05-20-2008, 02:51 AM   #1
HALEY

say a pray for me

well Saturday i got up and couldn't move my neck, went to the chiropractor, he did x-rays, and i didn't understand everything he said, but i screwed up the 7th disk in my neck which is laying on central nerves, that explains why my hands get numb. well all said and done i have to go to therapy 3 times a week, just what i needed, like my life is not busy enough with a full time job and a baby at home.
so ladies say a pray for me that my neck gets better. Cause im in alot of pain and my job is not helping with all the lifting i have to do here and at home.
Thank you.
Old 05-20-2008, 03:26 AM   #2
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Awwwww, Haley, prayers are definitely being offered for you. I've had neck issues for way too many years. So hope things get better very soon!!!
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 03:40 AM   #3
HALEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn View Post
Awwwww, Haley, prayers are definitely being offered for you. I've had neck issues for way too many years. So hope things get better very soon!!!
thanks Marilyn, it just certain ways i move, boy does that crab you, feels like someone is twisting my neck, boy does that hurt.. being adjusted yesterday did help my allergeries alittle.. i have to go Mon. Wed. and Saturdays.. just to much on my plate again... i only have 500. on my insurance for a chiropractor a year and i told the dr. that yesterday, and i also told him i can't afford the 10. co-pays for all these visits, so he said just pay the 10.00 once a week, so he is helping me alittle. and i also told him no more x-rays i don't want him to eat up all my insurance money.
Old 05-20-2008, 04:45 AM   #4
Dobie

Have you thought about acupuncture? I have some back issues, when they flare up, I go to 1 treatment to the chiropractor, then 2 of acupuncture and then I'm a new woman.

Hope you are feeling better soon!
Dobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 04:46 AM   #5
Tiramisu

I'm sorry you're having pain and hope you get better soon. Have you gone to your medical doctor? I had a friend who went to a chiropractor with pain and numbness in his hands and arms. He ended up in surgery and has partial paralysis. CT scans from before and after chiropractor treatment showed damage done.

I personally am not for or against chiropractors, but definitely feel some conditions warrant medical attention.
Old 05-20-2008, 04:57 AM   #6
HALEY

i'm going to try this chiropractor for a month and if i'm not feeling any better i'm going to make an appointment with my family doctor and see what he says.
The only problem i'm having is i start to feel better, and i have to lift heavy buckets of material at work, and i throw it off again.. my work is interfering with the work that the chiropractor is doing, i told i lift everyday, that's my job, they can't put me on light desk duty or anything like that, i'm a QC tech. and that's it..
so well see what happens.. hopefully it will get better soon.. i had all these problems when i was pregnant with the carpel tunnel and everything, thought that was over with.. just depressing, i guess i'm just getting old, ,my body can't keep up with the abuse it's getting with a man's job
Old 05-20-2008, 05:19 AM   #7
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Haley,

I have the same symptoms for a different reason. My neck got so bad that even with a cervical collar, it hurt to keep my head up, lay down, pretty much all the time.

I tried a chiropractor and after 3 visits, the pain was almost gone.
I went a few times/week for a little while, then she weaned me onto once/month.

Does your chiropractor think that your lifting at work is part of the problem? If it is, you're facing a problem. I had to stop doing only a couple of things to help my neck.

Anyway, there is light at the end of the tunnel.

My prayers are coming your way.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 05:27 AM   #8
HALEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by judy View Post
Haley,

I have the same symptoms for a different reason. My neck got so bad that even with a cervical collar, it hurt to keep my head up, lay down, pretty much all the time.

I tried a chiropractor and after 3 visits, the pain was almost gone.
I went a few times/week for a little while, then she weaned me onto once/month.

Does your chiropractor think that your lifting at work is part of the problem? If it is, you're facing a problem. I had to stop doing only a couple of things to help my neck.

Anyway, there is light at the end of the tunnel.

My prayers are coming your way.
He said all the lifting will slow the healing process, my neck is curving the wrong way the 7 disk down my neck which is hitting my central nerves that run down my arms into my hands and up into my head, which he said might be the sinus /allergy problems that i'm having also. it hurts when i sleep, when i pick up stuff, even when i pick up Micah, Thank God Mike's been helping me at home, he's been bathing Micah, it's hard for me to even get him out of the tub. I hate being like this, i'm so independent! this is killing me. I like doing everything on my own. I hate asking people for help.. its bad when i can't even take care of my own son.. just depressing... i just want a quick fix and i know that's not the answer to this problem...
Old 05-20-2008, 11:42 AM   #9
donna1990
Donating 4WT Addict

say a prayer for me

I know what you are going through, but please, get another opinion, you need to see a Neurologist. I have so many problems with my neck and spine, herinated disks, fused disks, etc. I went to therapy for 6 months was 100% back to normal. I know it costs a lot of money, but I would do anything that I could to pay for it. Good luck and yes, we are praying for you.
Old 05-20-2008, 02:29 PM   #10
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Haley I feel for you , I hope that your feeling much better soon. I will keep you in my prayers....
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 05:32 PM   #11
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Haley I do hope you can get this taken care of and be pain free soon.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:58 PM   #12
Taurus Babe

wishing you get better soon!!!
Old 05-21-2008, 02:51 AM   #13
HALEY

Awww, thanks everyone, I love you Ladies, you are the greatest..
I have another apt. tonight, starting to feel better, then pain is much less than it was before. i'll let you know. If i don't improve soon, i'll go to my family doctor and take it from there.
Mike has been a big help at home, he's been helping me clean and bathing the baby, i really didn't expect this from him with all the trouble we been having, but he's really been taking care of almost everything for me... have to give him credit there..