4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > 4WT Recipes

Old 11-26-2011, 10:16 PM   #1
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

Janet wheres your cookie recipe?

Ok I have been browsing and somewhere I read about your cornflake cookies

I think that sounds so neat I have to try it. But I couldn't find the recipe anywhere.
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 04:52 PM   #2
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Here it is Jess....hope you enjoy it. The very first time I posted this recipe, I left out the peanut butter, what a dope I was..lol.

We love these and they don't last long here.

CORNFLAKE COOKIES

1 Cup White Sugar
1 Cup Karo Syrup
let this come to a boil and then turn off the heat

Add:
1 1/2 Cups Peanut Butter
1 teaspoon Vanilla
6 Cups of CornFlakes

Mix all together and drop onto wax paper

These are soooo good. I can't believe when I posted this last year...I left out the peanut butter....duh!!!
Old 11-27-2011, 04:56 PM   #3
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

These cookies are TO DIE FOR!!! I can't make them because I would eat every one of them. I make them when I have to take cookies to a function because I can eat a few but don't have them staring me in the face at home.
Old 11-28-2011, 07:27 PM   #4
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

Ok, I've never use wax paper but I'm pretty sure I can find that. Now do I pop them in the oven or are they like rice crispy treats
Old 11-28-2011, 08:43 PM   #5
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

No, don't put them in the oven, they are like rice crispy treats. I drop them by spoonfuls to make individual "cookies".
Old 11-29-2011, 07:02 AM   #6
Janet

I'm so glad you like them Gayle...I can't make them to keep either or I'll eat them till they are gone. Not all at one time mind you, but everytime I walk by I'll eat one. I usually only make them as gifts around Christmas time. Soooo good!
Old 11-29-2011, 12:37 PM   #7
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Yummm.......I love these cookies!! We have someone at our church that makes them!!

Another good easy cookie is where you take peanut butter and melt butterscotch chips in it.....then add chow mein noodles!!! My mouth is watering!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 01:13 PM   #8
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

Glad I asked cuz I was thinking of putting them in the oven
Old 11-29-2011, 03:09 PM   #9
Janet

LOLOL....I don't think they would be very good in an oven....lol...since they are just drop cookies.
Old 11-29-2011, 05:47 PM   #10
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaB View Post
Yummm.......I love these cookies!! We have someone at our church that makes them!!

Another good easy cookie is where you take peanut butter and melt butterscotch chips in it.....then add chow mein noodles!!! My mouth is watering!!!
OH I LOVE THOSE TOO!!! It's so hard for me around this time of the year. I'm a binge eater and I can just get completely out of control. I was out of control over thanksgiving but I was able to shut down the eating Sunday and I'm doing good so far this week. I've got to keep my eating in check until Christmas because I will be traveling for a week before/after Christmas and I will gain 10 pounds if I'm not careful.
Old 11-30-2011, 09:46 AM   #11
Janet

I love those too, but I'm so dense that I didn't know they used chow mein noodles. This time of year is killing me...I've gained 5 pounds and see no sign of it going away at the moment.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:54 AM   #12
DianaB

So far I'm doing really good. Christmas will be hard with all of the homemade fudge and candy!! I love homemade fudge!!!

I've really been watching what I'm eating and now I'm down a solid 28 pounds. For awhile it was 27-28!! I'm so glad that Dae Lynn's here because she does most of the cooking and is doing really good at keeping with the diet!!! I clean......she cooks!!!

I'll probably give myself a day or two at Christmas to cheat a little then get back on!! I've bought some sugar free melting chocolate and sugar free oreos to make Oreo truffles with cream cheese......they were a hit last year so I'm trying a sugar free kind this year.
Old 11-30-2011, 02:06 PM   #13
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaB View Post
I've bought some sugar free melting chocolate and sugar free oreos to make Oreo truffles with cream cheese......they were a hit last year so I'm trying a sugar free kind this year.
Diana, sugar free things are sometimes really great - but be careful (in terms of your diabetes). Often times sugar free food has as many (or almost as many) carbohydrates as the same item with full sugar. Look at the label for the number of carbohydrates, just because it is sugar free, does not mean it is carbohydrate free and carbs are what make your blood sugar go up. Just because it is sugar free doesn't mean it won't affect your blood sugar.

I only know this because with Gary's insulin pump, we have to put the number of carbohydrates into the pump each time he eats. So we are constantly reading labels. I was shocked to see many sugar free food having the same number of carbs as the same non-sugar free food.

Of course this isn't true about all sugar free foods, but the message is to read the label.
Old 11-30-2011, 02:09 PM   #14
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

Are all those recipes posted here?

I'm not a great cook but I love making a mess in my kitchen. My boyfriends only deals with the cleaning because he say's he loves my inventions

I never show my kids my recipe box, they think mommy knows what she's doing
Old 11-30-2011, 08:46 PM   #15
DianaB

The recipe that I talked about isn't posted on here but here it is. It's soooo easy!!

HAYSTACK NO BAKE COOKIES

1 c. butterscotch chips or chocolate or peanut butter
1/2 c. peanut butter
1/2 c. peanuts
2 c. chow mein noodles

Into 2 quart dish microwave at 50% power. Melt the chips and peanut butter (3-5 minutes). Stir in peanuts and chow mein noodles. Drop on wax paper. Put in refrigerator for faster set or let sit overnight on counter.