4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Beauty & Fashion

Old 09-23-2006, 04:19 PM   #1
Necee419

Thumbs down Greatest fashion faux pas

Have you ever walked down the street and passed a woman and thought to yourself "I cannot believe she's wearing THAT?" What are the worst fashion mistakes you have ever seen? I know for me it is the women who wear lowrise jeans and navel baring shirts with their big bellies folding over the jeans. YUCK!! I mean if the waistband of your jeans is obstructed by your stomach, you NEED to wear a longer shirt. And please, someone explain to me why these very same women with the Buddha bellies insist on getting their navels pierced?! UGH. You'd have to separate the fat just to see the ring!! I'd love to hear some of the worst fashion disasters you all have seen.
Necee419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 04:23 PM   #2
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I've seen some bad sites, but quickly put them out of mind. I don't like it when women, no matter what size, wear clothing that is too tight, too short, dirty or not age appropriate! Seeing older women thinking younger style clothing will make them look better is a joke!!!
Old 09-23-2006, 04:28 PM   #3
Necee419

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
I've seen some bad sites, but quickly put them out of mind. I don't like it when women, no matter what size, wear clothing that is too tight, too short, dirty or not age appropriate! Seeing older women thinking younger style clothing will make them look better is a joke!!!
I completely agree. My mom always taught me to dress conservatively. Just because you have a nice figure doesn't mean you should walk around naked. My uncle's wife is a big woman and wears the tightest clothes. It looks so bad and everyone laughs behind her back about it. I think she thinks if her clothes are smaller, she looks smaller. My mom stopped giving her clothes as gifts for Christmas because one year she bought her a nice sweater in size XL and she actually got offended because she claims she actually wears a M!!
Old 09-23-2006, 04:33 PM   #4
Janet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necee419
I completely agree. My mom always taught me to dress conservatively. Just because you have a nice figure doesn't mean you should walk around naked. My uncle's wife is a big woman and wears the tightest clothes. It looks so bad and everyone laughs behind her back about it. I think she thinks if her clothes are smaller, she looks smaller. My mom stopped giving her clothes as gifts for Christmas because one year she bought her a nice sweater in size XL and she actually got offended because she claims she actually wears a M!!

Someone should privately and kindly tell her. Maybe volunteer to go shopping with her to help her pick something more suitable. I would die if I found out someone was always laughing behind my back......
Old 09-23-2006, 05:03 PM   #5
Tink
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Tink
I agree with the lowrise pants and bulging bellies being a bad mix. Spandex and cellulite isn't much better. Braless women who've lost their perkiness or roly poly ones with tight waist bands that make them look like an overflowing cupcake...
Oh I could go on and ON!

My dh rarely says much about womens attire, but there is a woman we know who is around 50. SHe used to be a tiny little thing who enjoyed flaunting it. She still wears short shorts, halter tops, leather, etc... even though ShE now has skin like crepe paper. She needs to either iron herself or cover it up a bit. Dh says he actually gets a creepy feeling on his skin just looking at her. LOL Even her tatooed roses look wilted.
Old 09-23-2006, 06:21 PM   #6
Necee419

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink
I agree with the lowrise pants and bulging bellies being a bad mix. Spandex and cellulite isn't much better. Braless women who've lost their perkiness or roly poly ones with tight waist bands that make them look like an overflowing cupcake...
Oh I could go on and ON!

My dh rarely says much about womens attire, but there is a woman we know who is around 50. SHe used to be a tiny little thing who enjoyed flaunting it. She still wears short shorts, halter tops, leather, etc... even though ShE now has skin like crepe paper. She needs to either iron herself or cover it up a bit. Dh says he actually gets a creepy feeling on his skin just looking at her. LOL Even her tatooed roses look wilted.
That is hilarious. I just got a mental picture.
Old 09-23-2006, 06:25 PM   #7
Emmsmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink
Oh I could go on and ON!

AMEN! I am not exactly small and there is no way you would see me wearing what they wear. It is insane and I am embarassed for them to be honest. There is nothing worse than seeing a braless women whose breast have flown south for a permanent vacation! I have double D's and when I am at HOME I go braless. My husband thinks it is funny and will be the first to tell me to put a leash on them! LOL Of course I only go braless at home and nowhere else.
Old 09-24-2006, 05:14 AM   #8
jck4b

The jeans that women wear that would be called "mom jeans". No-one should be wearing straight leg jeans or jeans that pratically go to the belly button. Everytime I see those straight leg jeans on a women she looks like she has peg legs, & the larger she is the worse it looks. I see more older women trying to dress way too young, they just can't admit to themselves that it's no longer working. They seem to be a little confused thinking it's sexy, but the result is slutty looking. We were in Petco recently & my husband saw a co-worker in there. They greeted each other & the co-worker was w/ a women that was as least 50 , the color of toast, shorty shorts, no bra (& needing one ) w/ breasts exposed,& bleached out hair,& heavy make-up, what a sight, I actually felt a little sorry for her.
Old 09-24-2006, 05:29 AM   #9
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

I believe women should dress age and weight approriate to, older women do look ridiculous and don't realize it when they dress like they are 30 yrs younger and weigh more than they did back then. There is nothing more classy or elegant that an older woman knowing how to dress. For that matter some young girls who are heavy should know better than wearing clothes that do not fit them just because its the style. We need more fashion police ....lol
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 05:42 AM   #10
rivermom
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet

That's it in a nutshell for me too!!
rivermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 06:03 AM   #11
Emmsmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jck4b
The jeans that women wear that would be called "mom jeans". No-one should be wearing straight leg jeans or jeans that pratically go to the belly button. Everytime I see those straight leg jeans on a women she looks like she has peg legs, & the larger she is the worse it looks. I see more older women trying to dress way too young, they just can't admit to themselves that it's no longer working. They seem to be a little confused thinking it's sexy, but the result is slutty looking. We were in Petco recently & my husband saw a co-worker in there. They greeted each other & the co-worker was w/ a women that was as least 50 , the color of toast, shorty shorts, no bra (& needing one ) w/ breasts exposed,& bleached out hair,& heavy make-up, what a sight, I actually felt a little sorry for her.
I don't see anything wrong with wearing jeans up to your belly button. Actually I prefer the waist of my jeans to be on my waist which is right there next to my belly button. LOL Maybe I am old school but I HATE the low riders that show everything you've got. Thats one thing that I just don't understand about clothes in general these days. They make them tighter and smaller on purpose. EVEN for the little kids. I have the hardest time trying to find jeans that cover my daughter's waist. All they make are what they call lowriders. Now I don't know about the other women on here with kids but I don't want my 9 year old out there showing everything she's got.
Old 09-24-2006, 06:25 AM   #12
Janet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmsmom
I don't see anything wrong with wearing jeans up to your belly button. Actually I prefer the waist of my jeans to be on my waist which is right there next to my belly button. LOL Maybe I am old school but I HATE the low riders that show everything you've got. Thats one thing that I just don't understand about clothes in general these days. They make them tighter and smaller on purpose. EVEN for the little kids. I have the hardest time trying to find jeans that cover my daughter's waist. All they make are what they call lowriders. Now I don't know about the other women on here with kids but I don't want my 9 year old out there showing everything she's got.
I'm right there with ya!!! I just don't like seeing young girls (16 and under and some older shouldn't) wearing clothes you'd see some floosy or hooker wearing. I know it's never the young girls fault (in becoming victims), but why advertise and entise these guys. I just don't get it.
Old 09-24-2006, 02:18 PM   #13
Mandy
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

I agree with everything that's said, i often feel embarressed for woman who get "pointed" at by other people for dressing hidious!! Clothes too tight, too small or too short, NEVER look good on anyone, no matter how big or small the person is!!
Well fitted bra's are a great investment to every womans closet.
Clothes that show cellulite and bulges are a NO NO!!
Old 09-24-2006, 06:41 PM   #14
Necee419

I agree with everyone's post and wanted to add one more thing that drives me insane. Around here, the women are obsessed with tanning salons. What is so attractive about going around looking like a tangerine? Those fake orange "glows" are hideous. I am pretty pale but I'd rather look like swiss cheese than cheez whiz anyday!!
Old 09-24-2006, 09:37 PM   #15
pink love

I agree about the tight clothes ladies.
I am a normal weight person, and by that I mean my Body Mass Index is in the normal range. Technically I should be wearing Medium size clothing. BUT, I hate tight clothes so I always end up getting L or XL shirts so the darned things don't stick to my body all over. I do not feel comfortable wearing tight clothing because, honestly, I feel naked. Argh, I wish the fashion industry would cater to the needs of regular people more.