4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Beauty & Fashion

Old 09-28-2006, 05:00 AM   #1
Sherry Lynn

Bloomingdale's Makeup for $1

Bloomingdale's new makeup line, Huge Promo! It's totally legit, I went on the site; it takes a while to load because they are inundated with visitors (shocking) and says it takes 3-5 weeks for delivery but a friend of mine ordered stuff last week and received it yesterday so who knows?!

According to InStyle, Glamour, etc the quality of e.l.f. (eyes.lips.face) elements is being compared it MAC and for $1 each?? Definitely worth it...Insane! And if not for you, then surely there's someone in your life that loves makeup!

Apparently Bloomingdale's is coming out with their own line of make-up called e.l.f elements and they are selling it all online as a start up promotion for $1! This includes makeup brushes too!!! And it's $5 for shipping. Just thought I would pass it along. Happy shopping!

http://www.eyeslipsface.com
Sherry Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 05:28 AM   #2
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry Lynn
Bloomingdale's new makeup line, Huge Promo! It's totally legit, I went on the site; it takes a while to load because they are inundated with visitors (shocking) and says it takes 3-5 weeks for delivery but a friend of mine ordered stuff last week and received it yesterday so who knows?!

According to InStyle, Glamour, etc the quality of e.l.f. (eyes.lips.face) elements is being compared it MAC and for $1 each?? Definitely worth it...Insane! And if not for you, then surely there's someone in your life that loves makeup!

Apparently Bloomingdale's is coming out with their own line of make-up called e.l.f elements and they are selling it all online as a start up promotion for $1! This includes makeup brushes too!!! And it's $5 for shipping. Just thought I would pass it along. Happy shopping!

http://www.eyeslipsface.com

Are you ordering some? I would feel so much better about ordering if I knew someone or someone from here had ordered. Sounds like a great deal and I really need some new makeup. I don't wear if often enough and it gets old really fast.
Old 09-28-2006, 07:20 PM   #3
Sherry Lynn

Now I'm a little concerned... the info above is from my friend who does Internet marketing for a major corporation, so I didn't even question this, but one of my girlfriends that I emailed this to sent me the following link.... I'm hoping that it's legit, just maybe not related to Bloomies.

http://search.bloomingdales.com/exec...&q=elf&x=9&y=0
Sherry Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 05:15 AM   #4
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I wouldn't worry Sherry Lynn, it probably is legit, just not associated with Bloomingdales..
Old 09-29-2006, 07:08 AM   #5
Nikki

Here is a link for reviews of the ELF line http://www.makeupalley.com/product/s...&GO.x=6&GO.y=7 Overall pretty goo especially for the price. I love this site (makeupalley.co) BTW.
Old 09-30-2006, 12:47 PM   #6
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki
Here is a link for reviews of the ELF line http://www.makeupalley.com/product/s...&GO.x=6&GO.y=7 Overall pretty goo especially for the price. I love this site (makeupalley.co) BTW.

Sherry Lynn is it legit??? Looks to good to be true, let me know if anybody orders from them.. Thanks!
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 01:24 PM   #7
hunbun

btw, ELF is not affliated with Bloomingdales. It's been around for a good 2 years or so. Available online and at boutique stores in NYC. It's the cheapie brand by the makers of Hard Candy cosmetics. Kinda like L'Oreal is the drug store brand for Lancome.

I've ordered various stuff from their online store for the past 2 years. So I can vouch that they are legit. The $1 price tag on everything is not a promo. It's their regular price and it's been like that for at least the past 2 years.

I think saying it's comparable to MAC is a far stretch. Their quality is pretty good for the price and definitely comparable to drug store brands that sell for much more than $1 each. But comparing it against department store brands....well, jmho, it doesn't compare.

I'm not too hot on their face and eye products. My fav's by far are their lip products.
Old 09-30-2006, 04:36 PM   #8
Taurus Babe

Are the bottles of stuff smaller since the price is so low. Whats the catch? I really want that lip plumping gloss!! Thanks for the tip and Thanks hunbun for your input!
Old 10-02-2006, 02:39 PM   #9
hunbun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taurus Babe
Are the bottles of stuff smaller since the price is so low. Whats the catch? I really want that lip plumping gloss!! Thanks for the tip and Thanks hunbun for your input!
The size of the lipsticks, lipgloss, blush, eyeshadows, etc are about the same size as Wet n Wild that you'd get from the drugstore. So they're not trial packs or single use portions. When you get them in the mail, they're packaged like drugstore brand products.

Most of the sale is through the online store, so I think overhead is pretty low.

There's no "catch" but just set realistic expectations. I've had brush heads fallen off the shielding gloss. The seal on the bottom of another shielding gloss separate so it started to squeeze out from the bottom of the tube. Bristles from the face brush have fallen and stayed on my face during mid application of powder. But I've ran into similiar problems with products I've purchased from target in the cheapie section too. So, don't expect $20 products for a bargain price of $1 each. That would be setting both yourself and the product to not meet your expectations.

The only "catch" I can think of is that there's a bit of trial and error with the colors. But that's the case anytime you order stuff online. I've ordered stuff and wasn't too hot on the color. And it's not worth the effor to return since it's so cheap.

I haven't ordered in a while, but I would recommend the following products:
Clear Mascara - i have problems with mascara in general, this just helps to keep my lashes and brows groomed and going the same direction.
Shimmering Facial Whip - good multi-functional product. Use as blush, eye shadow, lip color.
Soothng Lip Gloss - good color coverage. soothing minty flavor. reliable applicator (not a brush) my fav!
Brushes - cheapest around! good to practice on before you buy something expensive and good.
Radiance Blush - good natural shine for cheeks.

Partial recommendations on:
Hypershine Gloss - good gloss, but the applicator sux and it goes by really really fast (portion is small)
Shielding Gloss - another good gloss, but the tube came apart on me once in my purse. needless to say, i'm annoyed by that. i wish they'd put it in a different container.
Eye liner - Pretty decent for the price.