4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Health & Diet

Old 11-02-2007, 09:00 AM   #1
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Went to the Doctor!

Since I totally screwed up WW last week, I thought I'd go to the Dr. and have some blood work done and then start WW again. Well I went this morning for the results and here is what we found:

Blood pressure was 120/88 not bad, since I'm in Diovan

My TSH is 1.623 and T4 is 11.7 not sure what all that is but he's upping my thyroid meds (Levothyroxin from 125 MCG to 150 I'm Hypothyroid not the Hyper..lol

My good cholestral was good, but my bad was just a little high. Maybe with starting WW again and losing some weight will help.

He's having me stop the Protonix for the GERD and start Nexium to see if that helps better.

I'm to go back at the end of the month to let them know how I'm feeling with the new GERD meds and the thyroid med and to see if I lose any weight. I've gained 20 freak'n lbs since I was there last. SUCKS!!!
Old 11-02-2007, 10:02 AM   #2
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I know how you feel, Janet. It seems like everytime I go to the doctor there's something else that shows up. I almost wish that I could be Hyperthyroid for a while and lose some weight!!!!

My kids always say "Thanks Mom!" (sarcastically) when something else shows up because it means that they have another box to check on the doctor's health form. Pretty soon they can just use a wide tipped marker and color that whole section in!!! Just kidding!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 11:44 AM   #3
AngieDoogles
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

It seems like you got mostly good news Janet. I had a doctor's visit today as well and I'm just glad that they FINALLY told me what's been causing my pain.

Hopefully your new combination of meds will help you to lose that weight and feel better about yourself! Good luck!
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 12:03 PM   #4
Mandy
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Janet, it's a good thing you are having that sorted out
Old 11-02-2007, 02:35 PM   #5
Janet

Yes, it is mostly good news....I was totally shocked to tell ya the truth. So if I had Hyperthyroid, I'd probably LOSE weight? Geez....
Old 11-02-2007, 03:48 PM   #6
katepoet

My hypothyroid friend always lost weight quickly when she got the right medicine. I bet you will, too.
katepoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 03:58 PM   #7
Janet

It sure would help!
Old 11-02-2007, 07:09 PM   #8
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Pretty good news Janet. Nexium works for me and my friend just went on it and it's working well for her. No side effects either for both of us.

Wouldn't it be great if you could shed a few pounds from the thyroid meds? It would make life easier.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 04:15 AM   #9
Janet

Quote:
Originally Posted by judy
Pretty good news Janet. Nexium works for me and my friend just went on it and it's working well for her. No side effects either for both of us.

Wouldn't it be great if you could shed a few pounds from the thyroid meds? It would make life easier.
It would be wonderful Judy. I'm starting again full force on Sunday with the WW.

I hope the Nexium works for me. The Protonix worked pretty good for quite some time, but now it's not working as well. Time will tell!
Old 11-03-2007, 04:21 AM   #10
rivermom
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Janet - it's good that you are keeping in touch with your doctor. Don't worry too much about gaining some of your weight back. It would be worst if you didn't care to do anything...You are working soooo hard and that deserves a big hug and pat on the back. You are staying focused and that's important.

Keep up the good work.
rivermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 04:27 AM   #11
Janet

Thank you so much Sheryl...you really are a sweetheart. I'm hoping that by trying to do it right, it will work this time..ya know?

I've been on every diet under the sun, believe me...I'm so tired of being fat. I will get up in the morning and weigh myself and then I'm not doing like I normally do and weigh everyday...I'll wait until next Sunday and check the scales.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:20 AM   #12
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Being hypothyroid makes it REALLY hard to lose weight. If you're like me you have an extremely slow metabolism and low energy level which doesn't help in losing weight. Maybe since your meds are adjusted it will be easier this time. Good luck!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 11:31 AM   #13
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

That can really drag your energy for the diet down! The thing is to just keep going.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 02:11 PM   #14
Yorkie Lover

I am having similar problems ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
Blood pressure was 120/88 not bad, since I'm in Diovan

My TSH is 1.623 and T 4 is 11.7 not sure what all that is but he's upping my thyroid meds (Levothyroxin from 125 MCG to 150 I'm Hypothyroid not the Hyper..lolI'm to go back at the end of the month to let them know how I'm feeling with the new GERD meds and the thyroid med and to see if I lose any weight. I've gained 20 freak'n lbs since I was there last. SUCKS!!!
Hi Janet,
I was at my doctor in July and had blood work ... my TSH was 4.04 from doctor #1 and he put me on Synthroid 0.025mg (25 mcg?) and I have steadily gained 2 lbs a month (I have been on it for 15 months) ... my other doctor (#2) did the same blood work a week later and my TSH was 6.67, he prescribed 1mg Synthroid .... so I went back to the endocrinologist (#2) and he did blood work again but said I am just eating too much ... my eating habits have not changed ... and gaining 2 lbs a month surely is not what I want ..I am soooooooooo tired all the time .... I am waiting for these blood tests to come back and see what happens ....
I was wondering if you heard anything about Cytomel? It has to do with T 4? I am not sure ... I feel as if I am being sabotaged since weigh GAIN & increased appetite are side effects of Synthroid ...
Can you shed light on this for me please??? HELP!!!!
Old 11-05-2007, 11:05 AM   #15
katepoet

Are you starting to feel better yet? Did the MD give you a prescription to straighten things out? I hope so!
katepoet is offline   Reply With Quote