4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Health & Diet

Old 01-09-2008, 11:13 AM   #1
Ponyup

Anxiety that just won't leave

I don't know if I spelled anxiety right. As many of you know I got a tattoo that i now regret, I am taking steps to have it removed because I have been un able to sleep or eat normally since getting it. This past week has been hell. I didn't sleep a wink last night, even with a sleep aid & I can't keep anything down. I have an apointment on thurs. the 17th to talk about removing the tattoo, and from what i've read removing or significantly fading it should not be a problem, but we will see. I have tried everything to convince myself that this tattoo is not that big a deal & easy to hide & what not, but I can't get over this. I have an appointment to see my general practioner tomorrow to see if he can give me something to settle my stomach & help me sleep until i get the cause of the issue resolved. Please keep me in your prayers. I know this is so dumb that i've let myself get so worked up over something so small, but so is me. thanks for listening.
Ponyup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 02:26 PM   #2
2tiredmom

I'm not sure what to say here but you are in my prayers. I've never gotten a tatoo. But i have had anxiety attacks before and they are way to scary. So i know how you feel there. Is the tatoo very big? Sorry I can't help you other than praying for you. Just give to up to God. I know that is sometimes easier said than done too. Let us know how it goes.
Old 01-09-2008, 02:42 PM   #3
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I have problems with anxiety attacks too. Like I mentioned in another thread.....it's like your mind is nagging you and you can't shut it off. I take meds for mine or I have a lot of problems with it. Even with the meds I still have days that it's worse than others.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 04:52 AM   #4
Ponyup

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2tiredmom
I'm not sure what to say here but you are in my prayers. I've never gotten a tatoo. But i have had anxiety attacks before and they are way to scary. So i know how you feel there. Is the tatoo very big? Sorry I can't help you other than praying for you. Just give to up to God. I know that is sometimes easier said than done too. Let us know how it goes.

No it's very small & very cute & on my big toe. It's just so visible & i don't think I'm the kind of person that wants a visible tattoo anymore, I have 2 on my back that are very easy to hide, but this one is harder.
Old 01-10-2008, 04:54 AM   #5
Ponyup

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaB
I have problems with anxiety attacks too. Like I mentioned in another thread.....it's like your mind is nagging you and you can't shut it off. I take meds for mine or I have a lot of problems with it. Even with the meds I still have days that it's worse than others.
I was able to sleep some last night, so that was good. I have an appointment to see my medical doctor today to see if he can help & then I'm going to try & move my appointment with the plastic surgen. The sooner I get confirmation that this thing can be removed, the better I am going to feel.
Old 01-10-2008, 05:39 AM   #6
Ponyup

I moved my tattoo removal consultation to 9:15 tomorrow. The receptionist explained to me that the actual laser comes in from Chicago only once a month on Jan. 30th this month. I told her that was okay, what's important now is for someone to tell me that what i have can be removed. Once I get that news I can get back to normal & take the necessary steps to get it removed. I just really need confirmation right now that this problem can be fixed.

Keep those prayers coming.
Old 01-10-2008, 08:39 AM   #7
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
We're praying sweetie, don't you worry. I'm glad you were able to get some sleep. Once this is over with maybe you can just pull the shades and get caught up on all the sleep you've lost.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:34 AM   #8
Ponyup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
We're praying sweetie, don't you worry. I'm glad you were able to get some sleep. Once this is over with maybe you can just pull the shades and get caught up on all the sleep you've lost.
Thanks for your prayers. I know this seems so dumb for asking for prayers for this since i brought i upon myself, but God answers all right. God forgives you for making mistakes right?

Also I just got back from my Doctor Dr. & he took a look at it & seems to think it is removable & the place i'm going is a reputable, good place. He also gave me some Xanax that I can take up to 3 times a day when I'm feeling over whelmed & he said it will also help me sleep. I have been able to eat some today. So far I've had 2 jello cups & 1/2 a bagel. I'm going to try & eat a sandwiche now. From everything I've read this mistake is fixable. Thank you all for your kind words & prayers.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:44 AM   #9
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponyup
No it's very small & very cute & on my big toe. It's just so visible & i don't think I'm the kind of person that wants a visible tattoo anymore, I have 2 on my back that are very easy to hide, but this one is harder.

I can understand that Both of my tattoos are not visible when I get dressed, even in a bathing suit. I know more people than you'd think who are tattooed and don't want anybody to know.

You want to represent yourself one way in some situations, and another way in other situations. Having a visible tattoo does stereotype you.

You'll feel much better once you have it removed.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 09:55 AM   #10
Ponyup

Quote:
Originally Posted by judy
I can understand that Both of my tattoos are not visible when I get dressed, even in a bathing suit. I know more people than you'd think who are tattooed and don't want anybody to know.

You want to represent yourself one way in some situations, and another way in other situations. Having a visible tattoo does stereotype you.

You'll feel much better once you have it removed.
Thank you judy, you really do understand how I feel. I'm just a little depressed i had to get the tattoo to figure this out. You live & learn I suppose. I know once this situation is resolved I will have a lot of things I have learned from it. Plus my kids will be getting a super lecture on how not to make the same mistakes I did. My mom never made any big mistakes, she just told us certain things weren't things you do, I however was one that had to make the mistake to learn from it. But I can use these experiences to help my kids, because I have a personal experience with how it can affect you down the line they might actually listen.
Old 01-10-2008, 12:50 PM   #11
Ponyup

I'm both nervous & excited for my consultation tomorrow. If things go well hopefully it will be removable & maybe they'll even be able to tell me how many sessions. I can get 1 session per month. The way I see it I can get 4 treatments before sandal weather gets here, maybe 5. and once sandal weather gets here I will have to wear a bandage on it because it can't be exposed to the sun while healing. I'll just tell people I have a blister or something if they ask. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that it can be removed. I'll start a new thread tomorrow with what i find out. Thanks again ladies.
Old 01-10-2008, 02:55 PM   #12
2tiredmom

Your in my thoughts and prayers still so good luck tomorrow. Keep smiling.