4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Parenting & Family

Old 02-09-2011, 07:19 AM   #1
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

It Is Jessie's Birthday!!!

My wonderful daughter is 38 years old today! She looks so young, and is so beautiful!

I am very proud of Jessie, and I love her so much!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 08:40 AM   #2
paula1961

Happy Birthday to your beautiful Jessie!! I hope she has a wonderful day and that you guys have a great evening together!
paula1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 10:24 AM   #3
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I think she is beautiful too Judy....she looks so much like her mother. Tell Jessie Happy Birthday from all of us here at 4WT. Hope she has a wonderful day to celebrate.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:45 AM   #4
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

I hope she has a wonderful day

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:29 PM   #5
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

Wishing her a very wonderful and loving day on her special day.

You think she's going to be able to handle 38 spankings
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 07:54 PM   #6
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Happy Birthday to Jessie! I hope that she had a great day. Btw Judy you don't look old enough to have a daughter that old.
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 08:48 PM   #7
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I hope Jessie had a very HAPPY birthday!!!
Old 02-10-2011, 02:42 PM   #8
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I hope that Jessi had a wonderful birthday!!! She can't be 38 years old when her wonderful mother is only 29!!!!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 05:35 PM   #9
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

Sorry I missed this! I hope Jessie had a great birthday, and I hope she's feeling well!
Old 02-17-2011, 07:14 AM   #10
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Thanks! She did have a nice birthday. We do a "Family Dollar" birthday between ourselves. It's a dollar store, and it's lots of fun. We each fill up a $1.00 gift bag with lots of fun stuff. I also gave her a check, which the kids all ran to look at! They are so funny!

She called me a couple of days ago, asking me to please not get upset, but she is not cashing the check. She feels that since she has my charge card for little extras like McDonald's for the kids, or a pretty dress for Mackenzie, she would not feel right about getting extra money from me. She doesn't charge that much each month, and I told her that she can continue to do both, but she asked me to please understand. She just feels it's too much to take from me. I was actually pretty impressed because I took a big chance when I let them have that card. She took advantage for a couple of months. I had to call her and ask her to please put the card away! Steve never takes advantage! He doesn't like to take money from me. She has figured out what I will accept as far as her using the card, and it's not enough to even comment on to her. I have cut back on sending gifts to the kids, but they are growing up and don't need so many presents from Grandma coming in the mail.

On the other hand, she is my baby, and I do want to give her a birthday present. I knew I should have bought her a gift!

She still has exacerbated symptoms from the MS, but she isn't complaining, and says she is doing okay. I just keep my ears open so I keep up with her day to day health.

Old 02-17-2011, 05:17 PM   #11
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

I think she did the right thing by not cashing the check. When someone gives me something for my kids thats the best gift ever. And I'm sure she feels that way so the cc was her early birthday present.
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 07:06 PM   #12
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I am proud of her for not cashing the check. I guess you are right Jessica. That cc is a gift to her because it gives her some freedom to buy things for the kids.

Old 02-19-2011, 06:57 PM   #13
Shada

I am late reading this because I was on vacation in sunny Florida.. have a new love for Florida now!

Want to say a Happy Belated Birthday to Jessica!

I know you are proud of your girl. Jessica has grown up to be a very nice woman. I think it was really kind of her to not cash your check, to think that what you do for her and her family with the use of your credit card is a birthday gift when she does use it.

How about a birthday lunch or dinner, just the two of you alone? I bet she would love that!
One on one with each other to just visit and enjoy each others company.
Shada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 06:54 PM   #14
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Shada, I think that would be a great idea.......Judy, did you see this? A nice quiet meal with just the two of you would be very nice since she didn't accept the check!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote