4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > General Women Discussion

Old 08-27-2011, 07:10 AM   #1
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Update

I thought I had posted an update on Mom, but I sure can't find it. Drs, nurses and us....we're all surprised Mom made it through Wednesday night let alone until today. Her BP has been so low for so long, everyone is a little dumbfounded. Today her BP is 50/18. She still has fluid overload that her right arm is leaking through the pores. They give her 1cc of morphine (can be 2 cc), to keep her comfortable. Every part of her body hurts and when moved or touched, she cries out in pain.

I wish God would stop her suffering and take her home although it all breaks my heart and the fear of being without my Mother scares me so much. Everything has been stopped except for comfort measures.

We have chosen to stay here at the hospital where she is most comfortable and the nurses she's had take care of her for the last six months come and see her. She has mostly been on floors 2 and 4 so there has been a steady stream of nurses and housekeeping staff come to check on her.

Seeing her suffer is so hard and at times unbearable. Please continue to keep her in your prayers.
Old 08-27-2011, 09:02 AM   #2
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I was wondering how your Mom was doing. I'm so sorry to hear that she's in pain. Thank goodness for pain medicine......and nurses that are paying close attention to her. I'm sure that they'll make sure that she's taken good care of. I think keeping her in the hospital is the best decision......not only for her but for you as well. While there she has 24 hour care and you have peace of mind. You and your Mom have been in my prayers and will continue to be. Hugs to you both.
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 11:33 AM   #3
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Janet, your mom has a STRONG constitution and a STRONG will - but then you already knew that. I know you don't want to let her go, it's so hard. I'm so glad that she is being well taken care of, and that she is getting pain meds as needed. That is the most important thing right now. Wish I could be there with you! I am there in spirit.
Old 08-27-2011, 02:05 PM   #4
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

Janet, this is so very hard. I pray your mom can stay comfortable and just sleep. When my mom and dad had comfort measures only, they each lived for 4 days. I pray that your mom wakes up in Heaven soon. Love you!
Old 08-27-2011, 06:56 PM   #5
Shada

Janet, praying for you and your Mom that every day gives strength and acceptance.

[Hugs]
Shada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 04:17 PM   #6
Tiramisu

Thinking of you ... Tempted tp jump a plane!
Old 08-28-2011, 07:06 PM   #7
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

I agree with Sandy. It feels like we should be here with you!
Old 08-28-2011, 07:37 PM   #8
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Yes ladies, I was feeling the same way too - that we should be there.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:43 AM   #9
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
You all are too sweet for words. I guess to sum it up....we're still waiting. Mom hasn't opened her eyes or spoke a syllable since Friday. I miss her eyes when she sees me. I had them wash her hair this morning so I could get it looking the way it should...or at least closer to it.

It's very hard to hear the rattling when she breathes. There is a patch they have on her neck and now hospice has ordered some drops that are suppose to help. She hasn't had anything to eat since Thursday morning. I do moisten her mouth and lips. I've spent 3 out of 4 nights here and will be staying again tonight. I did go home early this morning to wash me up some clothes and soak in the tub a bit.

My brother did great with the stent this morning, but it's confirmed that the bottom half of his heart isn't pumping like it should. In another month he will have a pacemaker put in. I will know more when my niece comes to the hospital later today. I'm so thankful he's okay.

Not sure what else to write since this pretty much consumes my life right now.
Old 08-29-2011, 03:13 PM   #10
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I got a call from Janet and her Mom passed away a little after 5:00 this afternoon. Please remember her and her family in your prayers.
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 03:27 PM   #11
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Thanks, Diana. This is so sad.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 03:29 PM   #12
lynne b

Send a message via Yahoo to lynne b
Janet, I am so sorry for your lose. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 08-29-2011, 04:24 PM   #13
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Janet, I am so sorry, but your mom is at peace now and is no longer suffering. We always want our precious loved ones to stay with us a little longer, but your mom knew when it was time to go. Many many hugs to you. Love and care for you so much.
Old 08-29-2011, 04:54 PM   #14
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Janet, I am so sorry. More than I can say in words. My prayers are with you.

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 04:57 PM   #15
Tiramisu

I love you.