4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Beauty & Fashion

Old 03-08-2007, 02:16 PM   #1
Mandy
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Need a change!

Ive had this hair for so long now, i want a change! Right now, it's below the shoulder reaching bra strap, blond, straight, thin, and i can do nothing nice with it, it just hangs, looks miserable! So ive been thinking of going short, one length.
Do you ladies ever feel hagged, bored with the way you look? I'm also thinking, shorter, would be a lot easier to wear in summer. I want this fresh summer look.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:49 PM   #2
AngieDoogles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy
Ive had this hair for so long now, i want a change! Right now, it's below the shoulder reaching bra strap, blond, straight, thin, and i can do nothing nice with it, it just hangs, looks miserable! So ive been thinking of going short, one length.
Do you ladies ever feel hagged, bored with the way you look? I'm also thinking, shorter, would be a lot easier to wear in summer. I want this fresh summer look.
I'm sure it'll look great!!
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 04:13 PM   #3
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

I just got my hair cut because of the breakup. I always feel I need to change when my life changes! If you have good bone structure in your face a short cut with a lot of layers would look awesome. It also makes thin hair look more full!

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 05:56 PM   #4
rivermom
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Go for it Mandy!! If it turns out it's not your favorite cut you know it will always grow back right?

Don't forget to send before/after pics to us so we can all see ok??
rivermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 11:54 PM   #5
Mandy

Ok... thanks for your input girls, i'll try
My problem is, and this has been holding me back from doing it, if my hair isnt right i get depressed LOL.... well, ive been depressed for the past few weeks, so what the heck, wont be any different huh
Old 03-10-2007, 01:22 PM   #6
Tink
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Tink
I agree with Lindsey that layering thin hair makes it look thicker. Mine has gotten thin with age, and wearing it one length now is self-defeating in that it just looks thinner and more lifeless.
Old 03-10-2007, 02:02 PM   #7
Chandra Amaya
4WT 500 Club Member

Send a message via AIM to Chandra Amaya Send a message via Yahoo to Chandra Amaya
I cut my hair off. It was at the bottom of my back & I cut it just below my ears. I love it. I still get bored with it alot but cutting it off was the best thing I've ever done with my hair. I have very thin, straight, limp hair. I have long layers in it to make it look fuller & easier to do something with. I also use a volumizing mousse. I have garnier fruitress's which I love . Wash, rinse, towel dry, mousse, then hang my hair upside down to blow dry. It works wonders. Hope that helps some =)
Chandra Amaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 02:05 PM   #8
Mandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandra Amaya
I cut my hair off. It was at the bottom of my back & I cut it just below my ears. I love it. I still get bored with it alot but cutting it off was the best thing I've ever done with my hair. I have very thin, straight, limp hair. I have long layers in it to make it look fuller & easier to do something with. I also use a volumizing mousse. I have garnier fruitress's which I love . Wash, rinse, towel dry, mousse, then hang my hair upside down to blow dry. It works wonders. Hope that helps some =)
Great tip Thanks

Right now i need a half can of mouse to make it look like something LOL
Old 03-10-2007, 02:18 PM   #9
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy
Mandy, I think I was born hagged and bored with the way I look....

I bet you'll look great. Find a style that you feel you would like in a magazine or online and take it with you.

I was suppose to get my hair cut and colored the last week of February, but I canceled because I didn't want to leave Emilee while she was getting close to her due date. It has grown so much, but I'm not sure if I want to go back to the same cut now that it is longer or even get it colored for the matter. If I don't color it, it will be completely gray. I just don't know what I'm going to do. Maybe we can change styles together......you go first....
Old 03-10-2007, 02:24 PM   #10
Mandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
Mandy, I think I was born hagged and bored with the way I look....

I bet you'll look great. Find a style that you feel you would like in a magazine or online and take it with you.

I was suppose to get my hair cut and colored the last week of February, but I canceled because I didn't want to leave Emilee while she was getting close to her due date. It has grown so much, but I'm not sure if I want to go back to the same cut now that it is longer or even get it colored for the matter. If I don't color it, it will be completely gray. I just don't know what I'm going to do. Maybe we can change styles together......you go first....

OK LOL... i'll go first, let me tell ya, i have no clue what i'm doing hahahaha... but i NEED a fresh look for summer, plaster my face with make-up, and stand for who i am LOL - now seriously, it will make us feel better, just to go and do something crazy, if we regret the cut, or style the next day, thats ok too, it'll grow again
Old 03-10-2007, 02:27 PM   #11
Mandy

Oh, and Janet, i forgot to say... you were not born hagged, its just, we get bored with looking at the same face in the mirror everyday. Make yourself look pretty, i promise, you will feel a lot better with yourself!
Old 03-10-2007, 02:31 PM   #12
Janet

I've been thinking of when school is out (kids can be so truthful AND cruel) that instead of coloring my hair all the time....maybe I will get it frosted or something like that. Only two months till school is out...so I could just go for a nice trim to even things out right now and then do the "biggie" at the end of May.

By golly, I think I've just talked myself into it!!! And you helped!!
Old 03-10-2007, 02:33 PM   #13
Chandra Amaya
4WT 500 Club Member

Send a message via AIM to Chandra Amaya Send a message via Yahoo to Chandra Amaya
Yayyyy Congrats Janet...made the appointment yet?
Chandra Amaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 02:35 PM   #14
Janet

Nope, not yet, but I will Monday. I'm kinda of excited now to have it frosted. I've never done it before. I may even get the courage up to have it done before school is out......nah...who am I kidding.....those kids can be mean...
Old 03-10-2007, 02:38 PM   #15
Mandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
I've been thinking of when school is out (kids can be so truthful AND cruel) that instead of coloring my hair all the time....maybe I will get it frosted or something like that. Only two months till school is out...so I could just go for a nice trim to even things out right now and then do the "biggie" at the end of May.

By golly, I think I've just talked myself into it!!! And you helped!!

Not talking you out of it, GO FOR IT!!! You deserve to feel pretty, when you can look in the mirror, and say, THIS IS MEEEEEEEEEEE I love MYSELF!