4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Health & Diet

Old 05-16-2009, 12:02 PM   #1
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

My neck hurts

I don't know what I did, but my neck started hurting last week. I have a lot of trouble with my neck and go to that psycho chiropractor/holistic nutritionist a lot. She is a wonderful chiropractor, and I think she is getting over the fact that I dropped out of the holistic program she was working on for me.

I saw her on Thursday, and she cleared up a lot of the pain, but I need to see her at least one more time. I called her about coming in on Monday, but she hasn't called me back.

I'm getting really tired of being in pain. My neck has been bothering me a lot since I moved., I was in a regular mode with my chiropractor in NYC, and she kept it under control. I expect that the same thing will happen with Barbara, but it hasn't yet.

I hope it works out soon, because I hate being in pain (who doesn't?) and I am a terrible patient., I cannot ever understand why I should have any kind of physical suffering. It is absolutely not allowed!!!

Janet, maybe you could discuss thus with one of your orbs? My angels seem to be working other things right now.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 01:56 PM   #2
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I'll see what they have to say Judy...although I've never heard they speak...lol.

I hope your neck stops hurting soon. Had you done something to cause it to hurt, now or earlier in life? Once you get back to a routine like you had with your other Dr....hopefully it will get cleared up.

I know what you mean about the pain. I don't allow it either, but seems I'm getting more and more pains all the time. SUCKS!!!
Old 05-16-2009, 04:27 PM   #3
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

Sorry you have a pain in the neck, Judy! I hope somebody can give you some relief soon.
Old 05-17-2009, 05:21 AM   #4
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Yeah Judy, I was wondering too - is this an old injury? I think chiropractors can really work wonders!
Old 05-17-2009, 05:25 AM   #5
Janet

How ya feeling Judy?
Old 05-17-2009, 02:36 PM   #6
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

It hurts a lot! I took a vicodin before, which helps, but I hate taking pain killers.

My neck hurts from scoliosis and arthritis. My old chiropractor said they were both pretty common with age. I haven't had full mobility in my neck for a good 30 years though. It didn't hurt until about 4 or 5 years ago. She said the vertebrae are starting to fuse and can press on nerves if it gets inflamed. That's why it hurts so much. Nerve pain is bad!

I don't know what I did this time, but it could have been the way I was sitting at the computer. Sitting correctly if you're on the computer for a long time is a really important thing.

I am hoping to get to Barbara tomorrow. A few adjustments can put everything back where they belong, and no more pain.

Old 05-17-2009, 04:04 PM   #7
Janet

Well I hope she can get you in and make the pain go away.
Old 05-17-2009, 05:01 PM   #8
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I hope you and Barbara connect tomorrow and that her magic fingers do the trick!
Old 05-19-2009, 08:24 AM   #9
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Judy, I'm sorry that you're dealing with neck pain. I hope that your chiropractor was able to help you. Ibuprophen can help alot with inflamation.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 10:26 AM   #10
donna1990
Donating 4WT Addict

I know what you mean, so sorry.
I have a lot of problems in my neck, birth defect, scoliosis too, disc, etc.
My orthopedic surgeon wanted me to go to a neurosurgeon, possible surgery but I am not going to have it.
My neck feels like a jack hammer. Now my knees are starting to bother me.
Thinking of you Judy.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:42 AM   #11
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by donna1990 View Post
I know what you mean, so sorry.
I have a lot of problems in my neck, birth defect, scoliosis too, disc, etc.
My orthopedic surgeon wanted me to go to a neurosurgeon, possible surgery but I am not going to have it.
My neck feels like a jack hammer. Now my knees are starting to bother me.
Thinking of you Judy.
I'm sorry you have so much trouble Donna. My friend had surgery on her spine and it helped a lot, but I hope you don't need it. Have you tried a chiropractor?
Can you go to a chiropractor? (Sometimes a chiropractor is not good for certain conditions).. I have never gone to an orthopedist for my neck. The chiro always worked.

I went to her yesterday. She did another adjustment and I made another appointment for Friday. I'm not going through another weekend of pain. I do feel much better! The inflammation is down a lot, and the muscles aren't reacting. The nerve pain is still not 100% gone. I can't stay on the computer long. I have to rest the whole area. Sleeping is rough because I can't lay down
comfortably.

I am so tired of not feeling up to par! Once this is gone, God willing, I am going to act like I feel great, even if I don't! I'm boring myself with this stuff.

Old 05-21-2009, 05:19 AM   #12
donna1990
Donating 4WT Addict

My neck hurts

Quote:
Originally Posted by judy View Post
I'm sorry you have so much trouble Donna. My friend had surgery on her spine and it helped a lot, but I hope you don't need it. Have you tried a chiropractor?
Can you go to a chiropractor? (Sometimes a chiropractor is not good for certain conditions).. I have never gone to an orthopedist for my neck. The chiro always worked.

I went to her yesterday. She did another adjustment and I made another appointment for Friday. I'm not going through another weekend of pain. I do feel much better! The inflammation is down a lot, and the muscles aren't reacting. The nerve pain is still not 100% gone. I can't stay on the computer long. I have to rest the whole area. Sleeping is rough because I can't lay down
comfortably.

I am so tired of not feeling up to par! Once this is gone, God willing, I am going to act like I feel great, even if I don't! I'm boring myself with this stuff.
I sure hope you start feeling better soon
I have not been to a chiropracter in years, have to many problems and my Dr. advised me not to. They just want me to go to therapy 3 times a week and I hate it.
Love you,
Old 05-21-2009, 01:20 PM   #13
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

It is so much better today! I am so happy

Old 05-21-2009, 01:34 PM   #14
Janet

Hey girlfriend...if you're feeling so much better today...just think how much better you're going to feel after your Friday appt. It's hard to sleep with any kind of pain, but neck and back pain are really bad. Hope you're back to 100% soon!
Old 05-21-2009, 02:27 PM   #15
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I'm glad to hear that you're better, Judy. I don't like it when one of us is sick or hurting.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote