4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Parenting & Family

Old 06-15-2012, 08:16 AM   #1
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Sigh........

Well......I finally have the house all to myself!! Dae Lynn and her family left for Branson on Wednesday for a vacation with Damon's family. His Dad is paying for everything for them so they couldn't hardly turn him down. I guess Dae Lynn called Glen yesterday and someone ran into the side of her car. She has a really nice Avalon....it's several years old but still drives like a dream. UGH........

Glen left this morning to go on his dive trip to Beaver Lake. Feyn's family is all going because they are going to get certified.....all except Tammy and she'll have to wait until after the baby's born.

I originally thought that I'd spend the time relaxing and enjoying the peace and quiet but I've since decided to try and get some things done while everyone is gone and spend one day shopping or getting out. I invited Amy but she couldn't go so Jaci and I were thinking about going but I'm not sure if that's even going to work out. We'll see.

I got a call yesterday from Jaci and she was crying so hard that I couldn't make out what she was saying so I told her that I'd be right there. It ends up that she is pregnant but her hcg numbers aren't rising like they should be. She went to the dr on Mon. and had a blood test and sonogram and went back on Wed. The sonogram only showed a sac but nothing else so it didn't look good. She had called to find out what the hcg showed and called me after finding out that the numbers hadn't gone up as much as they should have (they should have doubled and they were far from doing that.) So she has been cautioned about what to do if she starts bleeding or cramping. I guess that they've been trying for awhile and just a while back she found out that her progesteron is low and was taking medicine. A lot of her friends and family are having babies and she's ready to have one of her own too. I know that her hormones are crazy right now but it's so hard to have her hurting.

THEN.......while the technicians were doing her sonogram they were talking to each other and Jaci became concerned. It turns out that her uterus is heart shaped. There are two upper lobes with a seam in the front. It turns out that that can cause miscarriages, infertility, or premature labor. So it looks like she's got quite a road ahead of her. Of course.....there's the off chance that it won't cause problems at all. They told her that it was most like inherited........but with sonograms being fairly modern we don't have any way of knowing if anyone else has had it. I did have a grandmother that had many miscarriages and my Dad was premature......but her other son was born at term and healthy. Needless to say, Jaci is VERY upset......Mama too. It's so hard to see your daughter hurt. It's a good thing that things worked out where I'm staying home this weekend because otherwise I'd have been canceling things to stay home with her. During this time my Baby needs her Mama. My heart just breaks for her.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:29 AM   #2
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
How long to you get the place to yourself Diana? I'm home alone and will be until sometime this evening when the guys get off work. I haven't even dressed yet.

My heart is aching for Jaci. I hope she doesn't end up having problems with fertility. I've been through all that and it's not fun at all. Feeling so worthless at times wondering what I ever did for God to let this happen. Even now....late at night I shed a tear now and then that I never got to feel a baby grow inside me. Oh...I wouldn't trade my son for anything in the world, but still to this day I mourn the fact.

I will keep her in my prayers that she won't have any more problems and that she'll have all the beautiful babies she wants.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:01 PM   #3
DianaB

Thank you, Janet. Right now I'm encouraging her to not be worried about it. She's just beginning her journey and who knows.....it might not be as bad as it sounds. We'll worry when we know that there is something to worry about.

My Mother and one of her sisters had trouble getting pregnant. There was never a reason for why. I know that my Mom was trying to get pregnant when I was in high school but for whatever reason it never happened. With all of the meds my Dad was on it was probably a good thing. However, I would have loved to have had a sister!!

Janet, I'm home totally alone until sometime tomorrow, Saturday, Then Dae Lynn and the kids come home. Glen won't be home until probably late Sunday. If Jaci feels up to it (she's having trouble with morning sickness) we're going to go to some flea markets in a nearby town that has several. She enjoys doing that and it will help take her mind off of her problems.

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 06-15-2012, 12:31 PM   #4
Janet

Flea markets sound like a good idea. I'm not much of a shopper, but flea markets always have something hiding...just waiting to be found.
Old 06-16-2012, 07:47 AM   #5
DianaB

Yep.....always looking for "treasures"!!! Jaci's MIL, Jan, is going to go with us. Glen and I used to double date with her and her husband. She's a very sweet woman and I'm happy that she's going with us. It should be a fun afternoon.

Jaci's still having morning sickness so it's hard to believe that the pregnancy isn't a good one. I guess we'll wait and see. She has another dr's appointment on Wednesday.

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 06-17-2012, 11:12 AM   #6
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

Maybe Jaci's levels will come up! I pray this baby hangs on, and you have a new grandchild soon!
Old 06-17-2012, 03:43 PM   #7
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

Hoping this baby makes it. With that heart shape uterus the baby must know she has lot's of love to give.

I know most women yearn to be pregnant but it's crucial not to stress because stress is a big factor in many miscarriages. I don't know how old Jaci is but I'm sure she's got many years ahead of her to pop as many babies as she wants.

Even premature babies as little as 22 weeks are healthy. So much advance technology help on becoming a mom.
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:30 AM   #8
DianaB

Jessica.....Jaci's just turned 20....so yes, she has a lot of years ahead of her. I think that her greatest worry is that Amy had 4 miscarriages and the last two she bled very badly. In fact, the last one we almost lost her because she lost so much blood. It was scary for all of us. However, Amy was further along than Jaci is so hopefully that won't be an issue.

Jaci's doing good at the moment. She's having problems still with mornng sickness so it's just hard to think that the pregnancy might not be good. We'll know more on Wednesday when she goes to the doctor. I'm praying that the numbers are WAY up and that everything looks good.

I've been where she is......waiting to find out about how your pregnancy is going. It's really, really hard to not be worried. I think that Jaci is trying to stay busy so she's not worrying.

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 06-18-2012, 10:52 AM   #9
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

She is so young. I will be sending positive thoughts and energy for her and the baby's well being. I remember those morning sickness, they were awful. Prenatal vitamins made me so sick. I would take them at dinner while having a full belly. Too many vitamins can be overwhelming. I learned in anatomy class a few years back that morning sickness means her baby is healthy. I can't quite remember why but it must be true because mine came a few weeks early and were healthy little chubbies. Another great tip is to eat plenty of beans. Some charro beans or refried beans tacos are great.
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:44 AM   #10
Janet

I know what it's like to be young and wanting a baby so badly...took me to age 34 for my son to enter my life. Hopefully...the pregnancy is still vital and a new baby will be anxiously welcomed within the year. What an exciting time for Jaci...

Last edited by Janet; 06-19-2012 at 11:49 AM.
Janet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:42 AM   #11
DianaB

I'm anxious to go with her to her doctor's appointment tomorrow. I really hope that she gets good news but I'm worried.

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 06-20-2012, 04:23 AM   #12
Janet

Okay...it's Wednesday and you know we are all on pins and needles worried about Jaci. Please let us know something as soon as you can. I haven't been able to quit thinking of her and what she is feeling.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:31 AM   #13
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Ditto Janet.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:03 AM   #14
DianaB

Jaci called last night and she and Nate want to go alone to the doctor. I can't tell you how disappointed I was and am but I understand. I'm on pins and needles waiting for her to call. It should be soon I'd think.

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 06-20-2012, 10:31 AM   #15
DianaB

I just got a call from Jaci.......and there's really no news yet. The doctor is calling them "the Mystery Couple of the Week"!! I guess that the sonogram showed that the egg sac had grown......but not enough for as far along as she is.......and they thought that they saw something in the sac but it was too difficult to really tell. The doctor said that possibly she isn't as far along as was originally thought or she could still miscarry. Jaci has to go back to the doctor next week and they'll check again. A blood test wasn't taken this time and I don't understand why because that would have told quite a bit......Oh well......it's not bad news or quite good news!! I guess that we'll wait another week!! I feel a little better about the results today then I did last week because there seems to be a glimmer of hope this time.

After I stop laughing!!!