4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > General Women Discussion

Old 03-28-2013, 12:48 PM   #1
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

What is everyone doing for Easter?

I was here shampooing my carpet and I started wondering what everyone else is doing for Easter.......so I used this as an excuse to take a break!! LOL I'm horrible at staying on task!!

We're going to be home with my family, Mom and Art, and my brother's family. I'm not happy that my brother is coming but I am happy that his kids are coming. Mom's trying to talk all of them into coming up. My nephew, Steven, hasn't been around since he got married so I'm hoping that he can make it. My Mom really wants them all to come......and me too. I'm not sure if Jaci and Nate will make it. It depends on what Nate's family is doing......but if Steven is here then Jaci will figure out how to come! They were best buddies!!

So what are all of you doing?

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:29 PM   #2
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
No plans here yet. Since basically we have no extended family anymore it's usually just the 3 of us. So I'll either make something for dinner or we'll go out. Just not sure. I'm thinking a porkloin roast sounds pretty good.
Old 03-28-2013, 04:52 PM   #3
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

No firm plans here. We wanted to drive down to the beach...it takes 3 1/2 hours to get there...for Sunrise service, but there is a pretty good chance for rain. We have done it once before, and there is nothing like watching the sun rise over the Gulf with your toes in the sand! The area churches get together and provide music and a short message. It's just casual and so serene!
Old 03-29-2013, 11:16 AM   #4
DianaB

That sounds so nice, Betsi! I love the beach and the thought of the rising sun and toes in the sand sound so nice! What a nice way to celebrate Easter!!

Janet, you're always welcome here!! LOL

I talked to my neice today and she's not going to spend the night. That's alright. It will probably be better on my nerves!! However.........she wanted to know if she could invite a friend.....Daryl........he's her boyfriends brother.......and his 5 kids!!! I've met him before and while he seems ok I'm not sure about that many additional kids. I told her she could. After all Easter is one of God's holidays. How can you turn people away?

Glen's family has their annual Easter picnic tomorrow. It's suppose to rain so it will be closeby so we can go to my brother-in-law's shop if we have to. I've got to figure out what to bake. They always have hot dogs and covered dishes and a huge Easter Egg Hunt for the kids.

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 03-29-2013, 12:46 PM   #5
Janet

I went to town this afternoon and bought a beautiful pork loin roast. Can't wait to fix it with some cheesy potatoes. I'm looking forward to Easter Sunday. Even bought a couple chocolate bunnies for the guys. Think I'll make a pecan pie for desert if I have the ingredients.

Diana....you are so sweet and if there was a way I could get there for Sunday with the guys, we would be there.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:51 PM   #6
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

I have been working I haven't even plan on Easter yet.

Porkloin roast sounds good Now if I knew how to make it.
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:36 PM   #7
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I'm going to Houston to see the kids. So, Betsi, if you don't make it to the beach, I'll dip my toes in the water in your honor.
Old 03-30-2013, 07:51 AM   #8
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

Lol, thanks Gayle!!
Old 04-01-2013, 10:45 AM   #9
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

We did NOTHING! My parents invited us to their place, but we were just there a week and a half ago (picking up the dogs after our vacation) and just want some time at home.

On Sunday, I cooked paprika chicken, which is a Hungarian dish my grandma and mom have always made. It was my first attempt but it was so easy and tasted just like theirs!

The Easter bunny did not come to our house this year but the dogs did all get more treats because Layla is on antibiotics and the others feel left out when she gets a peice of cheese or meat with a hidden pill twice a day

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:30 PM   #10
DIANE W

Ohhhh she is a good girl taking her medication like that, my Harvey wont no matter what you do, how you try to disguise that pill ----- no way can i get it down him, i swear that dog can read my mind

My Mottos are....
Just live for today..... and let tomorrow take care of itself

Live each day as if it's your last - and hope that tomorrow you wake up to find that it wasn't
DIANE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:36 AM   #11
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIANE W View Post
Ohhhh she is a good girl taking her medication like that, my Harvey wont no matter what you do, how you try to disguise that pill ----- no way can i get it down him, i swear that dog can read my mind
Lol Layla can figure it out if she's taking them for long enough. This time around, it's still pretty early! She also gets sick of certain foods so she won't take them anymore, so this time we're switching it up each time - banana, cheese, meat, whatever we can hide it in! And it helps having the other two dogs around in her face... she knows if it's really a treat and she puts it down for even a second, someone else will get it. So she will swallow without even thinking about it!

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:13 AM   #12
DianaB

Jazzi can pick a pill out of anything you give her!! I've found that just pushing it down her throat works best. She is so smart!!

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 04-02-2013, 01:12 PM   #13
Janet

That's how we do it with ours too, just put down their throat and rub it a bit. Then give them a treat or something afterwards.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:47 PM   #14
DIANE W

It just makes me smile thinking about all the funny ways our doggies have...... Harvey watches what i am doing that attentively, he just knows i am hiding the pill, even tried putting him outside and he still somehow seems to know????

What we do now is get his pain med in syrup, and give him that in a syringe.... even that can be a battle, I think it is much easier with a dog that loves his food, easier to trick them, and like has been suggested, if there are other dogs around too.

My Mottos are....
Just live for today..... and let tomorrow take care of itself

Live each day as if it's your last - and hope that tomorrow you wake up to find that it wasn't
DIANE W is offline   Reply With Quote