4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Weight Loss Support

Old 10-12-2008, 05:21 PM   #1
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Joined Weight Watchers, Again!!

Okay, joined WW last year and got down to 126 lbs. That's what I weighed when we got married, 35 years ago this December. Well, due to many factors, some beyond my control and others not, I'm up to 146 lbs. I gained 20 lbs since last summer!!!! Something's gotta give. I can't wear any of my jeans or my capris from last year. I bought one pair of capris this year that fit. I was determined to not buy new clothes, but to lose the weight. Yesterday I was forced to go to Ross and buy two pair of jeans because I have some business events coming up where I needed some nice casual clothes. Fortunately I found some nice jeans at a very low cost. I'm determined not to buy a bigger wardrobe. This is ridiculous!! So hubby and I have both joined WW, again.

This time, we joined online and will attend the meetings/weigh-ins, but keep track of things online and use the support groups to help us stick with it. I may be there more than here for a while. It looks like they have some really good forums with some really supportive people. One thread I read is for petite ladies in their 50's. I'm 5'1" and we have unique issues and frustrations due to our lower point values on the Flex Plan for one thing.

I'll try to check back here from time to time and stay in touch.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 06:18 PM   #2
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

My daughter is doing WW right now. She just finished her second week - she has about 50 lbs to lose. I do WW all the time, but right now I'm on a binge eating kick and can't seem to quit, especially in the evening. I've learned I can't fight it, I just try to not let it get completely out of control. At some point, I will quit and I can stay within my WW points - but not right now. I've gained 5 pounds this summer and need to lose 10!!!

I know what you mean, Marilyn. I'm 5'2" and on the old system I get 25 points. It's all I can do to stay within that range. I know with the new flex system my points would be less (with some flex points too). I just don't think i could consistently eat less than 25 points.

I look forward to seeing how you are doing. If you get any great tips, please share them on this thread!!!
Old 10-12-2008, 06:18 PM   #3
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Good luck, Marilyn. I think that Weight Watchers is a very smart way to lose weight. I hope that it works for you!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 03:31 PM   #4
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Good luck Marilyn.. WW is the way to go. I am starting the ymca this week.. Need to implement exercise... we shall see lol
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 04:10 AM   #5
Marilyn

I couldn't believe it, but I didn't eat all my 18 points yesterday. I ate plenty of foods to stay satisfied, but did not reach my points. Today will not be so easy. I have a trade show and dinner will be bar-b-que with all the trimmings. I'll just have to stick to a small portion of meat, a few pinto beans, and some green beans or something. Will have to pass on the dirty rice, potatoe salad, cole slaw, hot potatoe salad, macarroni salad, sausage, all the good stuff. I love really good bar-b-qued brisket. It will be tough to hold back and of course, it's served buffet style. I'll be weighing in on Thursday evening. Will let you know if progress is being made. Next Friday, the 24th, I'll be seeing some of the bigger bosses in our company. Hope to be a little slimmer by then.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Old 10-14-2008, 11:45 AM   #6
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Good luck with the WW! I think it's the best way to lose weight.

I'm 5'1'' and it does become annoying. I'm allowed 18 points too, but, to be honest, I don't want to be that limited. I've been bad about dinner and chips.
When I stop doing that, I'll go back onto my own WW.

Keep us posted.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 03:45 AM   #7
Marilyn

I was really good last night with the bar-b-que. I had about 3 oz of brisket and tried to pick very lean pieces. About a 1/4 cup of cole slaw, and about 1/2 cup of pinto beans. People were asking if that was all I was going to eat. I could have had more cole slaw if I had realized that cabbage is zero points, and this slaw had a watery dressing, so there was not much mayonnaise on the amount of slaw that I had. 1 tsp real Mayo=1 pt. When I got home I had one 2 pt. WW ice cream bar. So all in all had 19 points yesterday, one over my 18, but on the Flex Plan there are 35 descressionary points to use throughout the week, so I used one of those. If I can find time to exercise, that will give me some points credit, but this week is just too busy. I'm anxious to weigh in on Thursday and see if anything is happening.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:23 AM   #8
jrsygal37
Donating 4WT Yakker

I'm doing Weight Watchers, well most of the time. I really do need to be more dilagent with watching my points. I'm 41 (ouch) and finding it very hard to not eat junk. My avatar is what I was (taken about a year and a half - 2 yrs ago)but for a variety of reasons I've gained about 30 lbs. I just went back to work. I was a stay at home mom for the past 15 years. Before that a legal secretary/paralegal. I could not stand the thought of sitting behind a desk again and quite honestly wanted a job where I'd be on the move - just so I would lose weight. I ended up taking a part time job at the Shop Rite Deli. It's non stop so the time goes by quickly and I'm also getting a load of excersice running back and forth, lifting the meats etc. I've been working about a month now - absolutely love it. I work nights usually 3-10 and I'm down 8 lbs. I should have done this a long time ago. I feel so good getting out again. Elaine
jrsygal37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 07:24 PM   #9
Marilyn

Elaine, so glad this is working for you. My job is mostly sitting behind a desk with a computer and phone or driving here and there to meet with people. Not much exercise to it. Sometimes if a customer needs something and I can deliver it while I'm out, I'll make a delivery, but even then it's lifting a box from my truck and carrying it a short distance to put is on t a counter. Not much exercise there.

Tonight was my first weigh-in after joining, and I was pleasantly surprised that I had lost 6 lbs!!!! Got a star my first week. Not sure the next will be so easy. I'm trying to lose about 26 lbs, so we'll see how it goes.

Tomorrow I'm playing in a golf tournament, but we ride in carts, don't walk the course, so all I do is get in and out of a cart and swing a club. Not a whole lot to doing that, but it's surprising how tiring it can be. Of course, I'll be entertaining customers, and I think some of the getting tired is the stress of trying to be pleasant and fun to be around for 5 to 6 hours.
Old 10-17-2008, 04:40 AM   #10
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

It's 6 points/hour for entertaining clients!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 06:23 PM   #11
Marilyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by judy View Post
It's 6 points/hour for entertaining clients!
LOL, Judy, I wish. We did have an amazing day!!! Got up this morning at 5:15 a.m. which is very early for me. I was at the Country Club by 7 a.m., right around daybreak, and we tee'd off just after 8 a.m. It was a little overcast and cool this morning. So I was wishing I had a light jacket. It was a truly beautiful day. The guys on my team were all very nice and everyone got along very well. We did okay, 9 under par. No prizes for us, but we had a great time. Finished the game around 1:15 p.m. and had burgers for lunch. I was good just meat, bun and vegetables with a little mustard (10 pts total).

When I was leaving the house, I was wondering what I was thinking when I decided to golf so early. Usually I pick the early afternoon tee-off times. AFter lunch I went home for a while and ran an errand with hubby then took a shower and went back to the Country Club. I sat around the rest of the afternoon visiting with customers who had stayed around, too. At around 6:15 p.m. the folks who played the afternoon flight began to return to the clubhouse, so..... I had a nice round of golf, a relaxing afternoon and early evening, and got to spend some quality time getting to know some of my very important customers better in a relaxing environment and I didn't blow my diet. I'm ending the day with 19 pts. That's one over my allowance, but I just took one point from the pool of 35 discressionary for the week.

Not to shabby, if I do say so myself.
Old 10-18-2008, 04:33 AM   #12
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Way to go ladies!!! With Judy helping you all with the points...you can't help but lose!!
Old 10-18-2008, 05:31 AM   #13
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Way to go Marilyn!! I've got to get myself back into a disciplined WW eating pattern. I always count points (well, usually except when I know I've gone waaaaaay over). Lately though, I've had no willpower and I've been eating when I want to not necessarily when I am hungry. Big mistake.

Anyway, I'm happy you are doing so well. Maybe you'll be motivation for me!!!
Good luck, keep us posted.
Old 10-18-2008, 05:37 AM   #14
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Good going, Marilyn!!! Six pounds is a wonderful start and it sounds like you're doing really good on your diet. Keep up the good work!!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 06:29 AM   #15
Marilyn

Starting Weight Watchers is like anything else. The hardest part is pushing yourself to get started. When I finally push myself to begin working out, I feel so much better I wonder why it was so hard to get motivated. I guess this is why motivational speakers do so well. They give us the push we need to make a positive move.

I heard that a speaker recently talking to the employees of our school district ask the group to raise their hands if they need to lose 10 lbs. Almost everyone in the group raised their hands. Then he said, okay, if you lose 10 lbs, you will look better, you will feel better, and you will be healthier. Raise you hands if you know how to lose 10 lbs. Almost everyone raised their hands. Then he asked them why aren't you doing it?

We all need that little push to get going in a positive direction. My push was that I don't feel as well as I did last summer, and I am outgrowing my clothes. I'm not going to buy more!!!!!!!! It was really pretty easy to lose the 6 lbs. Just hope that I can maintain this motivation. Wish you all very well today!!!!!