4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Weight Loss Support

Old 07-12-2009, 08:11 AM   #1
KimberlysRN

I have changed a few things for the good.

So, when I graduated nursing school I was 170 pounds. I am 6'0 so many people could not tell but I could. I tried to excercise and eat right but i was stressed out and I was more focused on school... So I promised myself I would change everything once I graduated. So I did... I make sure to eat 3 meals a day, eat snacks between (healthy), drink tons of water, make sure to drink a glass of water before each meal, stop eatting when I am full ( I think when you are a studen and can barely afford anything you eat everything cause you don't want to waste it), excercise 30 min a day for 5 days and 2 days of hiking for a few hours, and using weight watchers as a guideline to simplify what I eat.

Update: Since December I have went down to around 155. I feel better and I am going to continue doing what I am doing. I hope to get a personal trainer to work on target areas like my tummy. I'm not looking to lose weight just lean out.

what is everyone else doing to keep themselves healthy? I noticed that at many resturants are starting to have nutritionl facts available... I know they were suppose to before but they always had the excuse that they ran out, but it seems like now they are attached to the menu. I work in home health until the new grad program in September and the person I work with 5 days a week, in 12 hour shifts eats out every meal so I am always looking trying to look for the healthiest think I can find. I don't believe in diets but in changing the way I look at food and learning what my body needs.

Last edited by KimberlysRN; 07-12-2009 at 08:14 AM.
Old 07-12-2009, 10:03 AM   #2
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

It sounds like you are doing a great job with your weight and health! I'm also impressed that you were able to do what you promised yourself after you graduated!

I have been following the South Beach diet and have lost 25 pounds. I have lost and gained weight all of my life, but things had gotten out of control, lol! Anyway, I am eating much healthier all the way around and trying to get more exercise. I live across the street from my brother and sil, so we ride bicycles and go swimming. I actually got an adult tricycle, and it is SO much fun
Old 07-12-2009, 10:38 AM   #3
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I haven't been doing much good with it comes to healthy eating. I love to eat....hate cooking....but love to eat and my weight shows it. I did the South Beach diet a few years ago. I lost around 50 lbs, but the minute you get side tracked....just like all the other diets....I gained it back. I also did WW and loved it...but gained it back.

I'm glad you've found something that is working for you and while you're young enough to keep it under control. Keep up the good work.
Old 07-13-2009, 03:41 AM   #4
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

We're trying to eat healthier. We weren't big on fried foods and such any way, but trying to significantly reduce our intake of sweets & processed foods. Trying to buy fresh vegetables from a farmer's market rather than the produce section at the grocery.

We're going back to the gym and working out. I read where working out 30 minutes a day, three days a week, will add years to your life. I'm thinking they mean heathy years, so I figured it was worth a try.

We are both overweight. Hubby much more than me, but we both need to lose, so hopefully this will work.

Diets have worked in the past, but we put it right back on, so we're trying to change our eating habits gradually and permanently this time.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 04:33 AM   #5
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

My husband and I have both started watching what we eat a little more. We've been eating a lot more salads and sometimes have oatmeal for supper (that helps our cholesterol). Lately, instead of ordering french fries I've been ordering a small salad. And all of our treats here in the house are sugar-free. We still have to be cautious with the sugar-free stuff because it doesn't mean that they're fat-free. We're working on getting some exercise in too.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 06:04 AM   #6
Tiramisu

Good luck and thoughts to all of you who are trying to be healthier. I do great at home, but really crash when we go out to eat and at work.

Katrina (a co-worker) and I are talking about having the lap band done. I just haven't built up courage to talk to Harold about it. I sent an email to find out if my insurance covers it and haven't heard back, yet.

Then, I want to have a breast reduction!
Old 07-13-2009, 11:32 AM   #7
Janet

Okay Sandy....tell me about the lap band. Does it require surgery?
Old 07-15-2009, 05:29 PM   #8
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

My cousin actually went to Mexico to have the lap band surgery done last year and I think she's really happy with the results, although I haven't seen her to judge for myself!

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 05:13 AM   #9
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

You are doing so well Kim! Good for you.

I'm on a low carb, high protein diet. It's tough getting used to because I love carbs, but I am getting used to it. I've lost about 10 or 11 pounds in about 4 or 5 months. I need too lose about 3 more pounds. I don't know what kind of maintenance diet I'll go on then.

I'm not getting enough fruits and veggies. I think I'm going to look into the V8 fusion drinks.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 10:20 AM   #10
HALEY

i went back on WW diet and green tea tablets, down 5lbs in a weeks so that's good i think hope to drop 5 more lbs this week ...
Old 07-20-2009, 10:42 AM   #11
DianaB

That's great, Haley!!

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 07-20-2009, 10:49 AM   #12
HALEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaB View Post
That's great, Haley!!
i was starting to get depressed Diana, been going to the gym 3 months now not dropping a pound,,, i did the detox, and changed my diet, back on WW and the green tea tablets, and i lost 5 lbs in a week, about time that's all i can say.... when you quit smoking boy does it change your body, i lost 25 lbs in a couple months easy after i had Micah, this was the hardest to lose a pound after i quit smoking.... gained about 6-10 lbs - lost 5 so far, can't believe it.. but its finally coming off.. starting to feel like myself again ya..... back down to 119 1/2, want to get back to 116 hopefull soon!!
Old 07-20-2009, 11:35 AM   #13
Janet

It's been a very long time since I weighed 116 lbs. I did weigh that once though for a few hours....LOL.

Glad you're doing so well Haley.
Old 07-20-2009, 02:30 PM   #14
DianaB

It sounds like you're doing really well, Haley!!! It's been a long, long time since I weighed 116 too!!!!!

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 07-20-2009, 08:58 PM   #15
Passionfruition

That is so great...you go girl!

To keep myself healthy, I try to take stairs over elevator (on buildings 3 floors and under typically). Also, I try to always eat breakfast, eat healthy portions and healthy snacks, and I have pretty much cut out eating anything fried or drinking anything with high-fructose corn syrup (meaning, most sodas, sadly!)

I also bought a Wii Fit and I love love love it! Seriously I do the yoga, strength training and aerobics exercises every day and I can feel a difference. I've even lost about 6lbs in the past 2 months since I bought it, and not on purpose, just b/c I'm healthier for it.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Seuss
Passionfruition is offline   Reply With Quote