4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Weight Loss Support

Old 04-07-2010, 07:18 AM   #1
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Gonna Try Again.....

Well, for the last few days, I've been trying to eat healthier. I've bought more veggies and a few fruits. I'm not going to mention it alot, but I need to get some of this weight off. I'm at 250 lbs....yes...you read right. Sucks alot!!!!

This morning after my bus route, I got Emilee out of her crate and put her harness on her and we went for a walk down the road and back...probably a little more than half a mile. I'm just taking it slow and going to work my way up a bit. Just get off my behind and do some more moving.

So....just keep me in your prayers or send me some good wishes if you will, that I can do better this time. I've been on so many diets I can't even count so decided I wasn't going to read any diet books or start any strict diet regimen....just going to do what I know is right and take it slow AND move.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:08 AM   #2
paula1961

Janet I will for sure keep you in my prayers. I think you are making the right choice by taking it slow. The fad diets only work temporarily for most people anyway and then we tend to gain it right back and then some.

I wish you the best of luck on what you are trying to do Janet. I know exactly what you mean about the moving part. I don't get hardly any exercise at all. Keep us posted.
paula1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 09:34 AM   #3
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Good luck, Girlfriend!!! I wish that you lived right by me so we could exercise together!!! I need to go with you on that walk!!!! I'll be praying!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 10:21 AM   #4
DIANE W

Janet
I so understand what you mean, i too need to lose weight (lots and lots), it is so hard though when you like your food. Your right we all know what we need to do to change our eating habits for life, it is a new way of life, not just for a period of time.
I am trying to get back to the old fashioned way of eating (Grandparents etc), small portion of meat and then vegetables or salad, and fruit to fill up on. My problem is i dont eat any breakfast or anything in fact until lunchtime, 1 - 2 pm. I know this is not good but i honestly dont feel hungry at all - now night-time is a different matter.

Yes.... i think to myself when the weight has come off then maybe we will feel more energetic... and so can eat a few of the goodies without worrying too much. I think taking it a little at a time is good, i am trying to be very good all week - which though is hard, is going ok. Then at weekends i just have to be a bit more relaxed.... but the way i look at it it has to be better than not doing anything at all Or is that just me trying to justify myself????

I am quite active all day with work etc, but have been taking Harvey out most evenings for a walk, mostly dont want to go - but then feel glad when i have been!!! But the little boooooger now wont let me not go - he mithers me at the time we usually go, i dont know bullied by a little 3.5 lb Yorkie

So good luck, i will be thinking of you.

My Mottos are....
Just live for today..... and let tomorrow take care of itself

Live each day as if it's your last - and hope that tomorrow you wake up to find that it wasn't
DIANE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 03:29 PM   #5
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

Way to go Janet!! That's a great way to start. I've lost a million pounds over the years. and it's still a daily battle KEEP WALKING
Old 04-07-2010, 04:12 PM   #6
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I'm with you Janet! Fruits and veggies, a couple of servings of proteins, good fat, lots of water, and I have no idea how many carbs we are supposed to eat anymore! They keep changing their minds

The walking is a great idea. I bet it's nice and relaxing too!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 08:29 AM   #7
Janet

I've done really good this week. I am really enjoying the walking except for today...it's so cold and windy. It's 12:30 PM and only 43 degrees. Suppose to be warming up this weekend and next week to the mid 70's so that will be nice.

I wish you were here or me there too Diana. I would love walking with you.

Betsi...I think I've lost a million pounds over the years too. Wish I would have paid attention when I gained it all the first time. Oh well...water under the bridge...I just need to pay attention this time. We'll see how it goes...LoL....
Old 04-10-2010, 07:40 AM   #8
paula1961

I'm glad you've done good this week!
paula1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 04:33 AM   #9
Janet

I do have to say that I've really been enjoying the walking. I've always liked to walk, but it's really making me happy to do this and I look forward to it. It's a start so I sure hope the weather warms a bit....walking when it's in the 40's and windy is c c c c old. Brrrrr!
Old 04-11-2010, 12:09 PM   #10
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I'm glad to hear that you like the walking. I love walking too, but I have tight hamstrings, so walking makes the back of my legs hurt - not when I'm walking - but for the rest of the day, especially when I get up from sitting. Of course, the answer is to stretch the hammies really well, but I hate to do that, so I jsut usually complain.
Old 04-12-2010, 03:26 PM   #11
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

How are you feeling/doing today Janet?
Old 04-13-2010, 08:55 AM   #12
Janet

Doing really good Gayle...thanks. Still enjoying the walking. I didn't walk yesterday because it was so windy it took my breath away...lol. Did walk today. I've lost about 5 lbs so far so I'm happy with that. Need to get to the grocery and get some veggies and fruit, maybe do that this afternoon. I wish there was someone out here where I live to walk with although it is good for clearing my head walking alone with a doggie.
Old 04-16-2010, 05:55 AM   #13
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Keep it up Janet! 5 pounds is nice. Walking is a real relaxing thing to do, although, I agree - it would be nice with a friend. Maybe not though. It's so peaceful with a dog.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 02:07 PM   #14
Janet

Thanks...I think losing 5 lbs in nice too....now only 95 lbs to go.... 531-1.gif
Old 04-16-2010, 02:09 PM   #15
katcarasella
KAT'S KRAZY KORNER
Donating Member

Send a message via Yahoo to katcarasella
Janet, I am so glad to hear that you are eating healthier and walking, way to go.....you'll be feeling much better in no time at all...

Kat
katcarasella is offline   Reply With Quote