4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Weight Loss Support

Old 08-20-2010, 12:58 PM   #1
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

Lipodissolve

I hope I'm posting in the right area

But I would like to know if anyone has heard of Lipodisolve or maybe SmartLipo. I am curious about Titan Skin Tightening also.

I am a very petite women and don't really need to loose weight. I just have a small bulge in my abdomen area that won't disapear no matter what exercise I do or how much fiber I eat. I know Lipodisolve is not FDA approved but I'm still curious.

I am very comfortable in my body MOST of the time, except when I want to wear that thight little dress in the back of my closet.
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 01:43 PM   #2
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Wish I could help....but I can't. I've not heard of any of those things. I couldn't wear a tight little dress on my leg.....LOLOL Yes....I need to lose a bunch of weight.
Old 08-21-2010, 06:55 AM   #3
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I wouldn't do it. It only gets rid of 1 cm of fat in the area, which is a little less than 1/2 an inch.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 07:04 AM   #4
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Sorry, but I haven't heard of it so I'm no help.
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 07:42 AM   #5
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by judy View Post
I wouldn't do it. It only gets rid of 1 cm of fat in the area, which is a little less than 1/2 an inch.
If you saw my belly you will think I'm crazy. There's barely nothing there just a small bulge. And no matter how much I sweat it won't go away. It's just a bit of loose skin for having my three children.

I was just looking around to see what options I had. I would feel safer if it was FDA approved.
Old 08-22-2010, 05:40 AM   #6
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Can you find the name of a reputable doctor and go for a consultation? That's the way to find out what is available.

I had lipo about 10-12 years ago. It was great, but I will never have a flat stomach unless I have a tummy tuck. The muscles are shot, and that's only after one child.
Well...and years of not exercising!

Old 08-23-2010, 10:55 AM   #7
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Why don't you just buy a controlling undergarment for that little dress? I have lots of friends who are young and thin but will wear Spanx when they think they need to look a little better! I've actually considered getting some myself... I'm still small too, and anyone would tell me I'm nuts, but there are little things I don't like about myself and I'd feel more confident out in public if they weren't showing! Personally I think I'd want to avoid any surgery or needles putting chemicals in my body at any cost. The risk would probably outweigh the benefit. Unless the stuff has been around for decades, there's no telling what it could end up doing 10 or 20 or 30 years down the road...

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:16 AM   #8
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by judy View Post
Can you find the name of a reputable doctor and go for a consultation? That's the way to find out what is available.

I had lipo about 10-12 years ago. It was great, but I will never have a flat stomach unless I have a tummy tuck. The muscles are shot, and that's only after one child.
Well...and years of not exercising!

I'm in a big city so there are plenty of Doc's but I just wanted to do a little research so I wouldn't be like Huh?! going in there. And not planning on jumping on anything at the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey View Post
Why don't you just buy a controlling undergarment for that little dress? I have lots of friends who are young and thin but will wear Spanx when they think they need to look a little better! I've actually considered getting some myself... I'm still small too, and anyone would tell me I'm nuts, but there are little things I don't like about myself and I'd feel more confident out in public if they weren't showing! Personally I think I'd want to avoid any surgery or needles putting chemicals in my body at any cost. The risk would probably outweigh the benefit. Unless the stuff has been around for decades, there's no telling what it could end up doing 10 or 20 or 30 years down the road...
I do have a few of those but it's not the same
Old 08-26-2010, 06:45 AM   #9
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

No, it's not the same. That's why I had lipo, and wish I could do it again! I always wear a bodysuit. They do smooth out a multitude of sins, and I find them so comfortable. Much better than a bra, etc.

But...not the same!