4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Weight Loss Support

Old 04-14-2011, 09:47 AM   #1
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Anyone Losing Weight?

Has anyone besides Judy started a new diet or thinking of starting one? Every year most woman..lol and myself included want to start losing weight because of the spring/summer weather.

This year....I've decided not to make any weightloss decision like that....my only decision is to add more fruits and vegetable to my diet. Won't be too hard with the veggies, but fruit....not a big fruit eater, I am going to try though.

Are any of you trying to lose weight or eat better?
Old 04-14-2011, 11:12 AM   #2
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

I am trying to eat better but it doesn't work that well. I eat a ton of fruits and veggies... I'd just eat that if I could I'm not a big fan of meats and I never have been, but I do try to have meat in at least one meal per day. The big thing for me is I've made a big effort to take vitamins every day. I take a multivitamin plus Vitamin D and Vitamin B, because my blood tests show I'm low and hopefully eating right will help my kidneys more!

Every once in awhile I get on the treadmill, but I like it better when I'm home by myself, which isn't that often. The treadmill is on our top floor and Scott complains that it sounds like an elephant running through the house I also kind of get in a zone when I'm running and listening to music, and I hate to be bothered because it takes my concentration off running and more onto how silly I might look

Scott suggested we start a fitness boot camp so we're both in shape before summer, but I don't think I could handle it. Whenever I get the urge to run, I do that for about 25 minutes, and then do situps in different positions to work different abs, and last time I lifted some weights too to strengthen my shoulders and back, but I never keep up with it because I have too much other stuff to do.

I want to lose around 10-15 lbs. I don't know if that's feasible. My body has changed so much in the last year or so, and I know I might not be able to get back to the weight I was 5 years ago. I didn't have hips then and I do now!

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:39 AM   #3
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Good for you for having realistic weight goals Linds! Hips are pretty anyway.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 03:45 PM   #4
Janet

Good going Lindsey, sounds like you have it mostly under control. Everytime I start a diet...I screw it up and then never go back to it. So...I thought maybe it would help to fill up more with fruits and veggies and maybe...some weight will come off. I know I need to lose terribly, but it's so hard and I can't always keep up with the diet.
Old 04-14-2011, 04:08 PM   #5
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Oh MAN! I need to lose some weight in the worst way! I have just let myself go over the winter. First we moved, so we ate out for weeks, before and after the move. Then the kids were here and I just have eaten junk I NEVER used to eat. I gain weight so easily - I have to watch every bite I take.

But I have had NO motivation, none AT ALL. I know myself and I know I cannot start a diet when I have no motivation. I hate the way I look, the way my clothes fit, etc etc, but I have no motivation to diet. Does that make any sense? NO!

I need HELP!
Old 04-14-2011, 08:28 PM   #6
Shada

Funny you should ask!!!

Just today a co-worker and I agreed to go on a "let's see who can lose 20 lbs faster" diet. I have the newest Weight Watchers point system books. Last time I used that system the weight came off fast. Basically it teaches portian control.
Only diet that works.
But hard to stick to...

So... tonight at the store, bone-in ham's were on sale for 87 cents a pound. Had one in my cart... then put it back and replaced with boneless frozen chicken breasts!! My George will be cooking for me.. lol... as in George Foreman Grill.

For if I cook the ham, have to have mashed tators and gravy... something I really can't afford to enjoy right now!! Then ham and scalloped tators with letovers.. not a good idea... for I have no will power over that.. will eat till I burst...

Oh how I wish I could go back to the days when I could eat anything.
Shada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 08:35 AM   #7
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I'm so disappointed with myself........I had lost 5 pounds last year but gained it all back after the holidays were over. Bummer!!!!

I've been trying to watch a little better what I eat. When I order a hamburger I try to usually order a salad with it instead of fries. Little things make a difference.

My biggest problem right now is no energy!!! I just can't seem to get much done......let alone feel like exercising.
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 03:04 PM   #8
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

I gained 5lbs this school semester. My friend that takes me out to eat told me "Good my diet is working". So silly.

Gayle I have no motivation either. Maybe if I watch tv and see those perfect bodies I just might.

Lindsey, I wish I had hips.
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 05:22 AM   #9
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I didn't know WW had a fast weight loss diet! This seems to be the trend right now. My diet, Medifast, is known for that, I saw another advertised on TV last night, and now WW.

The thing is, such a quick weight loss is not healthy. The tendency to gain back is huge!

I am doing it to become motivated though. Otherwise, it is just too hard! Maybe that's why they are so popular right now. Lots of baby boomers who are in their 60's, and are finding it difficult to get those pounds off.

Truthfully, if my weight was not mostly in my stomach, I wouldn't really care. I would just buy new clothes and get on with life!

Old 04-16-2011, 02:12 PM   #10
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

I had gained a few pds myself over the winter. I am also a big fan of Dr. Oz so I try to eat healthy and I do cheat on the weekends though. I have started a zumba class and I love it! If you ladies are looking for a good workout whether you go to a class or buy the tape it is a great workout and you will have fun..
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 03:32 PM   #11
Janet

I've heard the Zumba classes are wonderful, they have them at our YMCA. I think I'd rather have the tapes/CD's though. I want to go to the classes, but I'm just way to big for me to be comfortable in front of others.
Old 04-16-2011, 05:04 PM   #12
Gina

Buy them Janet! If you love latin salsa and dancing you will enjoy this!
Old 04-17-2011, 05:10 AM   #13
Janet

Gina....You mentioned Dr. Oz in your earlier post.....does he have a diet plan or something out? I watch him once in awhile...Mother doesn't like him much so she changes the channel...lol.
Old 04-17-2011, 06:31 AM   #14
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

He is a wonderful doctor! Are you on his diet Gina? He is so knowledgeable about good health and diet!

My diet is not too bad! I got over the starvation phase. Now, I am just finding it a little annoying to have to eat 6 small meals/day. I prefer stuffing myself and then eating hours later when that wears off. Oh wait...that's why I'm on this diet, isn't it?

Aside from a protein and greens for dinner, these are the foods. Beside the bars, all of them are either mixed with water, whipped with water, or microwaved with water. So, what I'm thinking is, why not just pour them all into a big bowl, add some water, mix, microwave, and split it into 5 portions? That's a day's worth, it's easy, and probably tastes as good as each thing on it's own.

Now I'm trying to figure out an easy way to prepare dinners in advance. I was going to grill 3 big chicken breasts last night, but the perfect storm hit us, so that was a no go.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2614.jpg (167.6 KB, 8 views)

Old 04-17-2011, 05:38 PM   #15
Gina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
Gina....You mentioned Dr. Oz in your earlier post.....does he have a diet plan or something out? I watch him once in awhile...Mother doesn't like him much so she changes the channel...lol.

No Janet he justs promotes healthy foods on his shows daily, eating veggies. etc. Why doesn't your mom like him? To be honest I went to his show this past Oct. I was a little disappointed myself he is not audience friendly as he seems on tv..