4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Beauty & Fashion

Old 10-25-2007, 02:04 PM   #1
rivermom
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

What Not To Wear

Do any of you ladies watch the show "What Not To Where?" It's on the TLC channel....

I LOVE this show and there was one day where I did absolutely nothing and watched a marathon of it. (I know I need a life at times). I get so many hints on how to wear clothes, how to look slimmer, etc.

The transformations are really incredible and who doesn't want $5000.00 that they give you to shop. My goodness Id be in hog heaven!!
rivermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 04:23 PM   #2
AngieDoogles
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

I've never seen it Sheryl. Sounds like a very interesting show though!
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 06:34 PM   #3
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I watch it and I think it is great! I've really learned a lot about what NOT to wear! I love Stacy and Clinton!!!
gja1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 06:52 PM   #4
katepoet

But the way they take away everything you already have! I have a few things that were my mother's I will not part with! I always want them to do someone like me, who can't wear heels. How do you take a gimpy old gal like me and find shoes and clothes that make me look like a pro with my limits?
katepoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 09:09 PM   #5
Mandy

I LOVE shows like that, we have one called "looking good" they give such good advice, on do's and dont's ~ what to wear, and what not ~ they get a whole make over, in the end those woman shine, i love that.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:30 AM   #6
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I don't usually watch those shows...to tell the truth, I get so down from watching them. Maybe if I had my weight off it would feel better about watching it. They make everyone look really good, but none that I've seen have been my size. Then again...even if they did have one my size, I wouldn't be able to go out and purchase the clothes....I'd need the money they give away...LOL
Old 10-26-2007, 03:43 AM   #7
Mandy

Janet, the program we get here is for all people, big/small, tall/short ~ i most definatly do NOT believe it's only thin people that can look good. A nice "full" lady made up, is very attractive to me.

It doesnt have to cost a fortune to look good girl, and i promise, it makes you feel much much better, if you need help, or anything, i know Sheryl, and myself are very willing to help you with whatever.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:53 AM   #8
rivermom
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Janet - The show caters to women "real figured" at that and takes outfits that really do work on "everyone's body". I think this is what I respect so much about the show...Is they don't take this junior size 1 body and do it over. It's all about real women.

And Katepoet - They dress you from top to bottom and many of the women are NOT wearing heels. In fact, many are just in kitten heels. The majority of mature women cannot wear long sexy heels and they really understand this.

Also, giving up the majority of your own wardrobe (which to most isn't a big deal) is a huge teaching tool of theirs to "redo" your old habits. Besides, they give you $5000.00 to shop, how cool is that? LOL
rivermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 03:54 AM   #9
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Oh Mandy..you are so sweet. I just meant that whenever I watched "What Not To Wear" it was always thinner people..so I just quit watching it. I've seen make-over shows that have had heavier women on and they ended up looking great. I just don't have the knack for style or anything like that. AND what someone else thinks looks good on me..I cringe..probably because I'm not use to being in style...lol...just comfortable. I would love a makeover like they do on TV, but chances are zero to none that will ever happen. You know something else to think of, what looks good in the heavier populated cities just doesn't really cut it in a central Indiana farming community. LOL...they would probably haul me off to the funny farm.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:06 AM   #10
Mandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
Oh Mandy..you are so sweet. I just meant that whenever I watched "What Not To Wear" it was always thinner people..so I just quit watching it. I've seen make-over shows that have had heavier women on and they ended up looking great. I just don't have the knack for style or anything like that. AND what someone else thinks looks good on me..I cringe..probably because I'm not use to being in style...lol...just comfortable. I would love a makeover like they do on TV, but chances are zero to none that will ever happen. You know something else to think of, what looks good in the heavier populated cities just doesn't really cut it in a central Indiana farming community. LOL...they would probably haul me off to the funny farm.

"haul me off to the funny farm" omg you crack me up!!

Seriously though, if you need us, just call
Old 10-26-2007, 09:38 AM   #11
katepoet

This year, the show seems to have added all sorts of body types. I don't catch it often these days but it is entertaining!
katepoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 06:16 PM   #12
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I have watched it a few times. I love clothes and putting things together to make an outfit. I do make overs in my head when I'm out. Most people who don't look great can look really good if they'd change a couple of things about their hair, clothes, whatever.

Everybody has a special beauty. I'd love to do makeovers.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 06:56 AM   #13
AngieDoogles

Quote:
Originally Posted by judy
I'd love to do makeovers.
You can do mine then Judy.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 09:36 AM   #14
Mandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by judy
I have watched it a few times. I love clothes and putting things together to make an outfit. I do make overs in my head when I'm out. Most people who don't look great can look really good if they'd change a couple of things about their hair, clothes, whatever.

Everybody has a special beauty. I'd love to do makeovers.

Very true!! Everybody has a special beauty
Old 10-27-2007, 02:02 PM   #15
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
...... You know something else to think of, what looks good in the heavier populated cities just doesn't really cut it in a central Indiana farming community. LOL...they would probably haul me off to the funny farm.
I think that we dress differently in the country too. Just give me a nice t-shirt and a pair of jeans and I'm good to go!!!!

I have a friend who tries to keep up with the fashions and, to me, she really stands out from everyone else. I keep thinking that when she grows old she's going to look back at pictures of some of the things that she's worn and she's going to have a really good laugh!!!!! I swear that now she's wearing a pair of boots that the toes are a good 4 inches longer than her foot really is! I have a hard time not laughing!!!! If I ever do I'll be in BIG trouble!!!!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote