4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Health & Diet

Old 07-28-2009, 04:11 AM   #1
lynne b

Send a message via Yahoo to lynne b
Janet???

Ok Janet, i have been waiting patiently to hear how things went yesterday with your mom. I pray that everything went well and i know you can do this....Lynne
Old 07-30-2009, 03:48 AM   #2
lynne b

I'm getting worried about you Janet, haven't seen or heard from you in days. I know you are busy with your mom, learning everything you need to know I am just concerned about YOU and how you are handeling everything. I know you have to go today & tomorrow with your mom but i hope you can let us know how thing's are going this weekend. I am praying for you & your mom....Lynne
Old 07-30-2009, 03:53 AM   #3
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Janet, are you okay??? I have'nt been on here much lately and didn't realize you hadn't been around. Hope all is going well with your mom!!!
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 09:08 AM   #4
Tiramisu

I've seen Janet daily on FB. She's fine, just spending time with dialisis training with her Mom.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:29 AM   #5
lynne b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiramisu View Post
I've seen Janet daily on FB. She's fine, just spending time with dialisis training with her Mom.

Thanks for letting us know that she is fine, i'm sure she is busy trying to figure everything out.

How are the poopies LOL?
Old 07-30-2009, 12:02 PM   #6
Tiramisu

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne b View Post
Thanks for letting us know that she is fine, i'm sure she is busy trying to figure everything out.

How are the poopies LOL?
Sweetee's two poopiesare huge. Fancee had two little boys (5.2 and 5.3) yesterday. Sorry, I didn't post it, I've been covering another desk all week and staying sidetracked with unimportant stuff.
Old 07-30-2009, 04:00 PM   #7
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I'm here....

I'm sorry Lynne to make you worry. I'm just exhausted when the training is over. I have to come home and get done what needs done.....and I really just haven't felt like talking. We didn't have training on Tuesday, but I spent most of the day...with my friend Linda, her daughter was worried about her being alone and Linda needed me.

I'll try to give you a call over the weekend. Right now....I'm just tired....down....and having a pity party for myself.
Old 07-31-2009, 03:23 AM   #8
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Oh, Janet, so sorry you are having to go through all of this. Hopefully you will get through the training and get into more of a routine.

Is Linda your friend you had lost contact with who was living with her daughter? If so, I remember how much you were missing contact with her.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 03:48 AM   #9
lynne b

Janet, I know you have been really busy, you have had alot to take in this week on top of worrying about Linda. I was getting worried about you but seeing you post here makes me feel better. You call whenever you feel like it, just don't forget i have to go back to work on Mon.
I hope everything is going good with your mom, i am praying for her & you...Lynne
Old 07-31-2009, 02:39 PM   #10
Janet

Thanks all. We are getting a break over the weekend. We will resume training and dialysis on Monday, skip Tuesday, train Wednesday and Thursday. We are shooting for Thursday to bring the dialysis machine home on Thursday.

When we went to eat lunch today.....Mom finally broke down and cried so hard. Broke my heart to see her like that. She had a good cry and now is focusing on what needs to be done. Please keep her in your prayers.....there is so much to do to fend off infection...it's mind boggling at times.

Yes Marilyn, Linda has been my best friend for over 30 years. I love her dearly. Her daughter was a little worried about leaving for the whole day... and Linda wanted me.
Old 07-31-2009, 04:45 PM   #11
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Oh Janet I feel for you. I pray that your mom will adapt to the process and that God will give you the strenght to learn what is needed. I know what your going through, for my brother was on dialysis so many years ago. Of course everything is improved now a days.
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 01:28 PM   #12
Janet

It really is a lot to learn. Mom comes from the age that you do not throw anything away. Well, if she drops something or touches something she shouldn't while connecting the tubing...she has to throw it away. It really drives her crazy....."such waste" she says. If she contaminates any of the tubing, connectors..etc...she can get an infection...which could be very dangerous. So far...no else is stepping up to help.
Old 08-02-2009, 04:31 AM   #13
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Janet, I'm so sorry that you are going through this. It IS alot to learn and it IS overwhelming. It will be OK once you get through the training process, but it is just so stressful, I completely understand. Sometimes I get overwhelmed with Gary's medical needs and I am a nurse, for crying out loud.

I promise though, it will get better - the feeling of being overwhelmed. You will look back and think that it is OK, but that will take some time.

I'm very glad that she can do the home dialysis so that she doesn't have to spend hours at the dialysis center every week. Of course, if she were doing that, then you wouldn't have to be learning all of this.

Just take one day at a time - or one hour at a time and keep thinking that it will be OK, and that you both CAN do this. It will get easier and easier, I just know it!
Old 08-02-2009, 06:06 AM   #14
Janet

Thank you Gayle....I know I've type it already...but I'm so glad you're back. This has been one heck of a ride for sure. I'm anxious for Mom to start doing the dialysis at home so we can start getting back to somewhat of a normal life.

We have a very small dialysis center here in town, but it's full with a long waiting list. If Mom was to do the dialysis in center....we would have to go to Lafayette 3 times a week to the place we are going now. Mom didn't want to do that...and stay home from Florida. Yes....she is still planning on going to Florida. We just don't know if she'll be able to do it alone all the time....she's not sure either. We'll see.
Old 08-02-2009, 10:01 AM   #15
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

It sounds hard Janet, and I am praying for you and your Mom. You will learn to do it, and it will become routine, like Gayle and Gina said. But, right now, it sounds very tough. Be as strong as you can.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote