4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Relationships

Old 12-21-2007, 07:55 AM   #1
AngieDoogles
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

What did you get your hubby??

Men are so darn hard to buy for! It took me forever to figure out what to get Bren, then it took forever to find it.

I got him Eragon and Eldest (two of his favorite books) in collectible hardback and The Goonies, a movie he loved when he was little. I'd never heard of The Goonies before but he saw it in the store one day and wanted to buy it. I was sneaky and told him that I thought it was overpriced! I also got him some of his favorite candies and such for his stocking.

I think he'll be happy, but I was really stressed until I thought of those things.

So what did you get your hubby? (or significant other)
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 07:59 AM   #2
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

My husband and I are notorious for picking up stuff for ourselves when we go Christmas shopping and we bought ourselves a new tv so we've decided that we're not going to worry about having a gift under the tree this year. There's no sense in going out and buying something that we don't need or want just to have a gift under the tree. Besides we'll have gifts from the kids and that will be plenty.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 08:04 AM   #3
AngieDoogles

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaB
My husband and I are notorious for picking up stuff for ourselves when we go Christmas shopping and we bought ourselves a new tv so we've decided that we're not going to worry about having a gift under the tree this year. There's no sense in going out and buying something that we don't need or want just to have a gift under the tree. Besides we'll have gifts from the kids and that will be plenty.
That's sweet Diana. Brendon and I recently bought a new TV as well and also a camera, which is why our budget for each other is pretty small this year. I bet it was so much easier to not be stressed about finding him the perfect gift! Maybe I should have done that too, lol!
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
Old 12-21-2007, 08:13 AM   #4
Tink
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Tink
I'm making every effort to spoil Greg big time this year. He usually gets clothes and small items as we have always spent the lions share of our Christmas budget on the kids. So this year I decided to go all out on him.

I have a high powered power invertor under the tree that will get installed in his semi. It will allow him to run a tv, microwave, a coffeemaker, etc. He's done without these things for years and not complained... so it's time to make him a bit more comfy. Then I got him a coffeemaker (he's a huge coffee drinker) to start out with.
I also got him 2 very realistic dummy security cameras since he keeps saying he wants them to put on the roof of the garage aimed at our new boundary fence to discourage the neighbors from coming where they don't belong. The cameras have motion sensors so will turn to follow motion and have a little flashing light when they detect movement. I think he'll get a real kick out of them.

He has no clue what he's getting but I've been teasing him for the past month that this year will be something special for him.
Old 12-21-2007, 08:16 AM   #5
DianaB

It definitely takes a lot of the stress out. My husband can always use tools, especially since so many electrical ones were in the flood, but he's so picky (or they're expensive) that he has to pick them out himself! So it makes it really hard on me to buy things for him. He also has a birthday right after Christmas! I bought him a Christian t-shirt and I'm going to pick up some jeans today for his birthday.

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 12-21-2007, 08:22 AM   #6
AngieDoogles

Quote:
It definitely takes a lot of the stress out. My husband can always use tools, especially since so many electrical ones were in the flood, but he's so picky (or they're expensive) that he has to pick them out himself! So it makes it really hard on me to buy things for him. He also has a birthday right after Christmas! I bought him a Christian t-shirt and I'm going to pick up some jeans today for his birthday.
Brendon doesn't really work with tools and such, but he's the exact same way about computers!! Either it's VERY expensive or he is so specific that I'd never be able to find exactly what he wants. So that's out as a gift...

Tink, sounds like your hubby is going to be very spoiled this year!!!
Old 12-21-2007, 08:23 AM   #7
rivermom
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Angie - what nice gifts you found for Brenden. I remember watching the movie, Goonies. It's a cute movie.

Diana - One can never go wrong with a gift for both of you to enjoy.

Tink - How sweet you are making Greg's Christmas so great. You put so much thought into making it a great day for him. Love it!!!

My hubby - He didn't get squat this year, LOL. This is the first year we are not shopping for each other. We've just come to a place in our lives right now where we are not in want for anything. I'm cooking a huge meal for the two of us and we are just going to relax Christmas day/night.
rivermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 08:24 AM   #8
AngieDoogles

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivermom
'm cooking a huge meal for the two of us and we are just going to relax Christmas day/night.
That sounds so sweet Sheryl. I'm sure a laid back Christmas will be amazing! Me and Bren--we have lots of family activities and such, but we're really looking forward to it.
Old 12-21-2007, 12:49 PM   #9
Mandy

Uhhhhhhhhhmmmm i gotta run out tomorrow, and find something to give my better half - i usually end up buying him Chanel deo's, aftershave, and stuff. Guess it will not be too different this time LOL
Old 12-21-2007, 07:32 PM   #10
DianaB

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivermom
.......I'm cooking a huge meal for the two of us and we are just going to relax Christmas day/night.
That sounds heavenly right now!!! I could go for a Christmas for two!!! I know that I'd soon change my mind as soon as Christmas got here though! I'm just getting stressed with trying to get everything all done! I just keep telling myself......You'll get it done!!......You'll get it done!!!.......but then the question comes up.........Will it be in time?.........Will it be in time?

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 12-21-2007, 07:34 PM   #11
AngieDoogles

Quote:
That sounds heavenly right now!!! I could go for a Christmas for two!!! I know that I'd soon change my mind as soon as Christmas got here though! I'm just getting stressed with trying to get everything all done! I just keep telling myself......You'll get it done!!......You'll get it done!!!.......but then the question comes up.........Will it be in time?.........Will it be in time?
Aww, Diana. I'm sure Christmas will be great. Now stop worrying and start enjoying the holidays. That's an order, young lady!
Old 12-21-2007, 11:53 PM   #12
DianaB

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieDoogles
Aww, Diana. I'm sure Christmas will be great. Now stop worrying and start enjoying the holidays. That's an order, young lady!
I'm trying, I'm trying but I haven't even started wrapping packages, getting my groceries, or gotten my house in order. I did get my Christmas cards mostly done tonight (that's why I'm up so late). Tomorrow I'm going to work on wrapping gifts and I'm going to have Glen and Jaci help. Then I'll go and get my groceries and work on the house Saturday and Sunday. Then I'll do my cooking and baking on Monday! That sounds like a good plan, if nothing else comes up!!!!!

BTW--You're so funny with your "That's an order, young lady!!!!" I guess turn abouts fair play!!!!!

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 12-22-2007, 03:51 AM   #13
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I didn't spend a whole lot on hubby. I usually spend most of what I have on my son of course. I did get hubby a pair of jeans, some kind of ratchett tool thing, and a razor.
Old 12-22-2007, 05:05 AM   #14
Forgivenmom5
4WT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Diana it is so sweet of you to want everything to be perfect for your family but I think you need to read your quote and not be so stressed.
Old 12-22-2007, 07:37 AM   #15
DianaB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgivenmom5
Diana it is so sweet of you to want everything to be perfect for your family but I think you need to read your quote and not be so stressed.
Yes, I do!!! Thanks for reminding me. I know that everything will come together and at the last minute I'll start crossing off the things that really aren't important. I just haven't gotten to that point yet. It helps that tomorrow for Church we're only having morning services, no Sunday School and no evening services. That gives me extra time!!!! Yay!!!

After I stop laughing!!!