4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Parenting & Family

Old 09-04-2006, 07:45 PM   #1
Jessica

Toddlers?

Does anyone have any young kids....like under 5? I have a 15 month old & man does she keep me busy! lol! She has started throwing tantrums & deciding she doesn't want to eat very much anymore! I love it! haha! So...anyone else?
Old 09-04-2006, 07:47 PM   #2
Amber_lv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica
Does anyone have any young kids....like under 5? I have a 15 month old & man does she keep me busy! lol! She has started throwing tantrums & deciding she doesn't want to eat very much anymore! I love it! haha! So...anyone else?
LOL i have a 16 month old and i hear ya on the tantrums he has begun his as well he also isn't eating very well and he was a good eater mabey it's the age?
Amber_lv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 07:51 PM   #3
Jessica

I'm sure it's the age...but I was kinda hoping this wouldn't start till she turned 2! Wishful thinking I guess! lol!
Old 09-04-2006, 07:55 PM   #4
Amber_lv

Quote:
I'm sure it's the age...but I was kinda hoping this wouldn't start till she turned 2! Wishful thinking I guess! lol!
i also have a 6 yr old and at two it was worse lol. My baby is a monkey he gets into everything we can't keep him confined for anything he unbucles his high chair straps wiigles out of his carseat climbs the stair and will crawl through,on,around,or in anything you try to block his way with he keeps me very busy!
Old 09-04-2006, 07:56 PM   #5
Jessica

Can't wait! lol
Old 09-04-2006, 07:58 PM   #6
Amber_lv

LOL!!! But when they give you that smile and that little look your heart just melts I love them!
Old 09-05-2006, 04:49 AM   #7
magnolia

My youngest (who's 13 now) hit the "terrible 2" stage at 9 months!!! He "terrorized" his older brother unmercifully. And no matter how much I told him no, he just looked at me with those big blue eyes and grinned - he thought it was so funny! It was rough on us cause our oldest was never like that - never! He was very laid back, mild mannered, just went with the "flow". I knew not from where the second one came from with his attitude....and there was a point and time I seriously wondered if either of us would survive. Hang in there, it does get better Just have a heaping dose of patience on hand - and restock it often.
magnolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 07:32 AM   #8
Jessica

Wow 9 months! I'm glad she at least waited till 15 months! I'm usually a very patient person with her but every once in a great while I'm just like are you kidding?? LOL! Too bad there isn't a store we can go fill up on patience! HAHA! Could you imagine the line of moms at that place?
Old 09-05-2006, 11:10 AM   #9
magnolia

Quote:
Wow 9 months! I'm glad she at least waited till 15 months! I'm usually a very patient person with her but every once in a great while I'm just like are you kidding?? LOL! Too bad there isn't a store we can go fill up on patience! HAHA! Could you imagine the line of moms at that place?
LOL - yep, they'd have to install a revolving door for me!! And yes, at 9 months old, Taylor would sit in his walker and throw his toys across the room, hitting his brother. Of course, it would catch TJ off guard and he would begin to cry and what would Taylor do? Sit in his walker and laugh!! When he started walking, he'd just walk right up to TJ and hit him, kick him, bite him, whatever. And no matter what I did to him, he kept on doing it because he loved to see his older brother upset. Finally, one day I had had enough and told TJ, after Taylor had bitten him, to bite him back. TJ was hesitant because he knew better than to bite but I told him the only way Taylor would stop is if he realized TJ would bite back and that it did hurt! Well, that solved it - no more biting and when Taylor hit, TJ hit back. Didn't take long for Taylor to lose interest in bugging his older brother.
magnolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 01:48 PM   #10
Kimberley

My youngest is 5 and driving me up the flippin wall!
Kimberley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 12:27 AM   #11
Mandy
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

I have a 15 year old, but i do remember those toddler days sooooooooo well LOL

Remember, time goes so fast, before you know it, they in their teens that's when the fun starts LMAO!!!!