4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Weight Loss Support

Old 04-14-2008, 04:49 AM   #1
Emmsmom

Butt Exercises??

Does anyone have any simple and easy exercises that are good for the butt? I have lost about 12 pounds and I need to find a simple and easy exercise for the thigh and butt. I really need to find something that works.
Old 04-14-2008, 05:07 AM   #2
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmsmom View Post
Does anyone have any simple and easy exercises that are good for the butt? I have lost about 12 pounds and I need to find a simple and easy exercise for the thigh and butt. I really need to find something that works.
I've lost 28 lbs and I need to exercise too. I know walking helps, but my son is in an exercise and weight lifting class so he said he will help me. Right now I'm working on my 'wings' you know...skin that hangs under the arm. I'm just waiting so we can go walk more outside plus the weights and bench are in the garage. Hope someone with experience will help you, if not...I always google..lol
Old 04-14-2008, 07:46 AM   #3
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Sorry, but I'm no help!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 12:49 PM   #4
protodog

Here is what my weight-lifting-guru brother taught me:
Get a 2X4 (or an object about that height), and stand with your heels on the board and your toes on the floor. Hold a dumbbell in each hand (2 lbs or 5 lbs or whatever you're comfortable with), and squat and stand up. You don't do anything with the dumbbells other than just hold onto them at your side. Do three sets of ten every other day.

I took my brother's advice, and his plan worked really well. And then I just got to lazy to keep up with it.
Old 04-14-2008, 02:33 PM   #5
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

I'm too lazy to work out now, but here's what I used to do for my butt and thighs...
Get down on your hands and knees, with your back straight. Squeeze your butt muscles while you extend one leg straight backwards so it's in line with your back, and hold it for 5 full seconds, and slowly bring it back down. Repeat with the other leg, and keep repeating until you can't do it anymore Then do the same thing but hold each leg out sideways (still bent).
Another one that really works your inner thighs and quads:
Sit against a wall with your back straight and your legs straight out in front of you. Lift one leg a couple of inches off the ground, hold for 5 seconds, swing it out as far as you can, hold for 5 seconds, swing back in front, hold for 5 seconds, and let it down.
And lunges are also great for butt and thighs!

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 03:37 AM   #6
HALEY

i go walking outside now that the weather is getting nice, i push a 30 lb child in a stroller up hills that works for me
Old 04-16-2008, 03:40 PM   #7
pope1982

I do this DVD. I lost about 70 lbs and it has toned me up A LOT. I have no cellulite and jiggle in the right places

There are other great exercises on this one, one includes laying on the floor and isolating the glutes while lifting your leg in different positions and lunges.
I found it really cheap, for like 10 bucks on eBay, completely worth it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg buns.jpg (32.5 KB, 2 views)
pope1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 05:33 AM   #8
Emmsmom

I am going to have to give something a try. I have lost about 13 pounds and now I am stuck. It isn't like there ins't more than can come off. Trust me there is. LOL I am going to try these tonight. I am not to sure about the belly dancing. At least not yet.LOL Thanks for the tips!
Old 04-25-2008, 07:30 AM   #9
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

My favorite butt exercise is to never look at it in the mirror unless it's in tight jeans, and I'm wearing at least a 2 inch heel!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 07:38 PM   #10
Chandra Amaya
4WT 500 Club Member

Send a message via AIM to Chandra Amaya Send a message via Yahoo to Chandra Amaya
Quote:
Originally Posted by judy View Post
My favorite butt exercise is to never look at it in the mirror unless it's in tight jeans, and I'm wearing at least a 2 inch heel!
Old 05-10-2008, 09:35 AM   #11
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by judy View Post

sounds like a good plan!
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote