4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Health & Diet

Old 10-19-2006, 11:10 AM   #1
cindy0721

Send a message via Yahoo to cindy0721
Lightbulb Anyone try the Hoodia patches?

I keep seeing them advertised everywher, these pink patchs, has anyone ever tried them and succeeded?
Old 10-19-2006, 12:23 PM   #2
RLC12345678
4WT 500 Club Member

I haven't tried them, but I also would like to know!!!!! I know these patches are supposed to suppress your appetite. THe thing with me is, I eat even when I'm not hungry! If it is mealtime, I will eat something whether I'm hungry or not. I get really shaky and sick feeling if I ever go too long wtihout eating, so I'm scared I'll get sick if I ever miss a meal! So, I dunno if these would work for me. Ugh...
"To whom much is given, much is expected." ~Luke 12:48
RLC12345678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 12:27 PM   #3
cindy0721

lol... we just love love love food... lol
Old 10-19-2006, 01:31 PM   #4
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLC12345678
I haven't tried them, but I also would like to know!!!!! I know these patches are supposed to suppress your appetite. THe thing with me is, I eat even when I'm not hungry! If it is mealtime, I will eat something whether I'm hungry or not. I get really shaky and sick feeling if I ever go too long wtihout eating, so I'm scared I'll get sick if I ever miss a meal! So, I dunno if these would work for me. Ugh...
Rebecca, are you hypoglycemic? I eat all the time too, and my doctor suggested that I have 6 small meals a day because I have low blood sugar all the time. When I go too long without meals I get the same way as you.

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 03:13 PM   #5
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Here goes the ole dummy....I've not heard of them before. What are they you say....appetite suppressants? How long have they been out?
Old 10-19-2006, 03:14 PM   #6
SweetCuteness

Send a message via AIM to SweetCuteness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey
Rebecca, are you hypoglycemic? I eat all the time too, and my doctor suggested that I have 6 small meals a day because I have low blood sugar all the time. When I go too long without meals I get the same way as you.
I'm also the same but everyone becomes hypoglycemic without eating for a long period of time as hypyglycemia means abnormally low glucose levels. Glucose comes from food, and without food, obviously your glucose levels drop.
Old 10-19-2006, 06:42 PM   #7
May5

I haven't tried that specific patch, but I did try some other natural herb whatever patch ( can't remember the name). Anyway, it made me SO SICK.....I used it for 2 days and I had palpitations, nausea, and I was sooo dizzy. It was horrible. My mom used it too and she was fine, though. ::shrug:: I guess it just depends. Just be careful with anything you use; everything has some sort of side effect and some people feel it more than others. Again, this patch may be totally different...I'm just relating my experience with a patch. Good luck; I hope that one works
Old 10-19-2006, 07:25 PM   #8
Gutu28

I was watching some show on VH1 and they said that Eva Longoria swears by hoodia..not the patch though, the pill. It some plant (isnt everything?) from eaither S. America or Africa..
Old 10-20-2006, 05:42 AM   #9
Janet

Where do you get this patch? I am going to do a search and see if I can learn more about it and it's side effects.
Old 10-20-2006, 06:07 AM   #10
cindy0721

here's the link http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/sho...396#post764396, hmm pills you guys say.. anyone know where to purchase, maybe they are cheaper...
Old 10-20-2006, 06:22 AM   #11
Janet

I wish in the ads they would say whether it was safe if you were taking other meds. None do, you have to buy it first and then read. I take meds for high blood pressure, Thyroid and hormone. Most diet "pills" I could never take because of the high blood pressure....I wonder if it's the same with the patch?
Old 10-20-2006, 01:58 PM   #12
rivermom
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

I've never heard of them before. You know, if I wore a patch for all my needs I would be mummified, LMAO!!

Id have a patch for appetite control, quit smoking, curb my wine drinking, moods, one for tiredness, etc....
rivermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 07:54 AM   #13
Janet

I just saw the pills at Wal Mart yesterday by the checkout counter. Doesn't say on the box anything about taking other meds that I could see. I'm calling my Dr. on Monday (if I can remember) and ask what he thinks and if it will be all right for me to try. I forgot to check the price....duh!!!! If I can't remember crap at 52, what is my memory going to be like at 62?????