4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > General Women Discussion

Old 09-12-2012, 06:32 AM   #1
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Not Much Action Here

I know we are all busy, but since Facebook, 4WT sure has died down worse than ever. We all had so many things to share and in different areas of the forum, but now most of us just post in one most of the time.

Hopefully when winter gets here and we're not out and about quite as much we'll all have more time to share with each other. I do have something I wanted to share, but have been putting it off and it will need to go in another area. I may just do that here in a bit.

I hope Lindsey can get back on here soon. I've sent PM's to Admin. on YT and here at 4WT, but so far I still haven't rec'd a reply. Hang in there Lindsey!
Old 09-12-2012, 10:42 AM   #2
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I hope you can find out what's going on with Lindsey.

I've been so busy that I haven't been on every day. In fact I'm not on the computer as much as usual. I'm trying to get Dean's room decorations done and get garage sale items priced......all while keeping up with the house......which is falling sadly behind. I'm hoping to get caught up after I get things cleaned out with the garage sale. I feel like I am just on the run lately. I'm so ready for things to slow down.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:33 AM   #3
2tiredmom

Busy is right. I try and get on here once a day now but some days are better than most. To much going on with fall trying to get things done outside before the weather gets to cold and being the only one home during the week and keeping up with everything else i have going on. I could use the winter to hybernate. LOL
Old 09-13-2012, 06:58 AM   #4
DianaB

Like I said.....I'm working on Dean's room decorations. Right now I'm working on a clock......Janet, I'm saving your clock for Karlie's room........and I found this large round rusty thing.....like a lid but it's not.......anyway......I'm going to spray paint "Dean's Shop" on it and Glen's going to put a metal treble light shade on it. We're then going to add a small light to shine on the sign and be a night light as well. I'm really excited about that!! I have some curtains to order.....I found some cheap striped ones on e-bay.

I've been spray painting a little cubby shelf different colors and I'm hoping that today I can finally get it put together!! I can't wait to see how it all comes together!! I'll take some pictures when I get it all done!!

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 09-13-2012, 08:58 AM   #5
Janet

I really am anxious to see pics of Dean's room. Sounds like you are going all out!!!

I still haven't rearranged my room yet, but I'm hoping to get it done this weekend. Not feeling real energetic right now..
Old 09-18-2012, 06:51 PM   #6
DianaB

I'm still working on Dean's room but I'm also trying to get things ready for a garage sale. I need to still find some new knobs for his dresser and paint some letters on something.......oh.....and paint his dresser. It's all coming together!!

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 09-19-2012, 09:10 AM   #7
Janet

I boxed up a bunch of things that didn't sell at the flea market and maybe I'll try to sell them in a garage sale come spring. Not sure. I may just donate them somewhere. I still need to make the clothes rack or something else out of the old doorknobs that were at Mom's house. They were the original glass ones.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:40 AM   #8
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Things have quieted down around here. I have just been busy with the end of summer. My friends and I had parties and dinners almost every night! I'm not used to that, although I did live that way in my younger days, when I always had people over, or went out all of the time.

Today, I was supposed too go to my last writing workshop, but I have to get a mani/pedi, and then might go with Jessie and Mackenzie to an exercise class. I can't do that many things in one day, especially with having to take Max out. He is in a belly band now, and is crated when I am not home. I don't leave for more than 5 or 6 hours because he has to be walked. His belly band is still wet when I let him out though. I guess the urge to mark is strong! I take it off when he goes in his crate, so I have to be home often.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:04 PM   #9
Janet

I know this is probably a dumb question but Judy, what do you mean his belly band is still wet when you let him out?
Old 09-28-2012, 07:32 AM   #10
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

When I first belly banded him, he waited to pee until I let him out. I put a sanitary napkin inside (I cut it in three, since he is so little!). Now, he doesn't wait to go out. He just pees and the napkin gets wet. The belly band itself is actually dry. Except last night! I must have forgotten to let him out, because even the belly band was wet. His belly needs a good washing now! Stinky!

Old 09-28-2012, 08:26 AM   #11
Janet

Oh..okay. Joey is only 3.5 lbs, but I still put a half a pad on him. I just have to make sure I change it. It wouldn't matter if I let Joey out or not, he still goes whenever he wants except if he's in his crate. Belly bands definitely help with not letting the furniture get wet.
Old 09-28-2012, 03:33 PM   #12
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I was hoping he wouldn't like being wet, but he doesn't seem to care. It is so much better than having him pee wherever he wants though! I should have done this years ago!

Old 09-28-2012, 03:59 PM   #13
Janet

I will suggest that you put them in a mesh bag to wash. My washer quit working and the guy that fixed it found a belly band wrapped around something. I always wash them in a bag now...never just throw them in the washer,live and learn.
Old 09-29-2012, 04:55 PM   #14
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Thanks! The velcro also gets caught on my good undies!!!

Old 10-01-2012, 09:59 AM   #15
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

I tried belly bands on Zeke but he just takes them off. He rubs on furniture and next thing I know he's running around naked!! He's gotten a lot better about going outside though. We just had to learn his schedule. . I thought about trying to make a harness for the belly band to make it harder to remove but haven't gotten to it.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote