4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Vent!

Old 02-17-2012, 10:55 AM   #1
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I'm Grumpy.......

I'm in a bad mood today. I'm so tired of some of the things going on with Dae Lynn.....especially when it comes to helping out and cleaning. Don't get me wrong.....I still enjoy her being here but it seems like I do all the pickup and cleaning. On her day off she "tries" to clean her room, the bathroom, and the kids room. That's not deep cleaning but just picking up. She does cook supper and helps to pick up the dishes but the washing of pots and pans is my responsibility.

Last night I was cleaning off the kitchen counter and right in the middle of the job. Karlie had a program we had to go to at 7:00 and I suggested that we eat supper ahead of time and that we have something simple....hamburgers. She got the hamburger out.....then her phone rings....when Damon calls everything is dropped. She told me to cook supper.......which meant that I had to shove everything I had organized from the counter back to where I had just cleaned it from so I could cook supper. She never even thought about the fact that I was already busy.

I'll get over this......I just needed to vent and get a little sympathy. I won't say anything to her because she's dealing with so much with Damon about to get out of jail in a couple of weeks. Things have just hit me the last couple of days and I'm fustrated!!

Oh...and yesterday I spent most of the day on the computer trying to get my Garmin updated!!! What a difficult thing to get done!!! I didn't realize that updating wasn't free.....you pay for that......and it's almost as much as a new Garmin!!! Ninety dollars to be able to upgrade for the life of the Garmin.....or fifty dollars for a one time update!!! I didn't have something that was needed so I had to upload that too.....and it took hours!!!! Then I caught a virus so I had to upgrade my malware!! So fustrating!!!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:32 PM   #2
DIANE W

Ahhhh Diana, I think you are doing a wonderful thing for your daughter and the kids, and even though in the main things are working out just fine, its only natural for you all to get on each others nerves at times - no matter how close we are to family, it can be difficult living with them. We all have our own ways of doing things, even the little jobs around the home, and some days we get bothered by something that yesterday was not a problem.

My daughter Kayley, she is a wonderful person, she is 25, still lives at home, (she is staying forever and ever, i cant bear to think of her leaving - only joking, but i do love her living at home).
However she is not as tidy as me, and sometimes we clash, her bedroom is like a tip, and i cant understand her not keeping it more tidy, she says it is clean and does get tidied - just not as much as i would like!!!!!!!!!

We just have to get through the rough times, and enjoy the many many good times.

My Mottos are....
Just live for today..... and let tomorrow take care of itself

Live each day as if it's your last - and hope that tomorrow you wake up to find that it wasn't
DIANE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 01:23 PM   #3
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

Yep, too much togetherness! After all Damon has put you all through, it would get on my nerves too for her to drop everything for him, too! You need to go visit your Aunt for a few days
Old 02-17-2012, 02:17 PM   #4
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Not her aunt, Betsi...... ME!!!! Diane is right, something bothering us today wouldn't have bothered us the day before. You were use to having your home to yourself, now you have a daughter and a toddler and that's not easy, but you've done remarkably well.

I really think there needs to be a home found for them as soon as possible so Damon won't have to come to your place unless there is another place he and Dae Lynn can go to. It will just make it worse for you and for Glenn. I'd be looking everyday to help them find a place they could afford, it may not be what they want at first, but you make it a home, by just being together.

Wish I could give you a hug and then we could go shopping at flea markets or something.
Old 02-18-2012, 08:00 AM   #5
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
Not her aunt, Betsi...... ME!!!! Diane is right, something bothering us today wouldn't have bothered us the day before. You were use to having your home to yourself, now you have a daughter and a toddler and that's not easy, but you've done remarkably well.

I really think there needs to be a home found for them as soon as possible so Damon won't have to come to your place unless there is another place he and Dae Lynn can go to. It will just make it worse for you and for Glenn. I'd be looking everyday to help them find a place they could afford, it may not be what they want at first, but you make it a home, by just being together.

Wish I could give you a hug and then we could go shopping at flea markets or something.

I agree, maybe you need to have a talk with her and ask her if she has saved enough money for her new place.
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 09:07 AM   #6
DianaB

I know that she hasn't saved any money to move out. She had planned on it but she really doesn't make enough. Dae Lynn has been looking for something to move to because she knows it's going to be stressful if Damon moves in with us. With Damon not having a job and helping out it's just not possible. Believe me.....she's thought of all kinds of possiblities.

I just needed to vent for awhile. I've been trying to go to my Aunt's house but our weekends have just been too busy but I'm thinking that it's got to be SOON!! Janet, I would love to come and visit but I know that you'd do more than you should as far as cleaning and you'd have a set back with your pain but it's in the plans for some day!!!

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 02-18-2012, 11:15 AM   #7
Janet

I wouldn't clean....I promise...lol. You would just have to put up with this dog infested house with pee pads everywhere....lol.

You vent all you want...we just want to be able to help you in some way.
Old 02-19-2012, 05:46 AM   #8
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Diana, you are a saint! You have to vent every so often, so that you don't lose it! I agree about not saying anything to Dae Lynn. She has so much to deal with.

I think I missed a few posts about Damon possibly moving into your house......I hope that doesn't have to happen. Glenn won't be a happy camper, and you would just have more stress.

Put them in the greenhouse until they find a place! Seriously, do you have another building on your property that could be quickly set up for them? No kitchen or bathroom, of course, but at least they wouldn't be under your feet all of the time.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 03:56 PM   #9
Janet

Maybe a decent size camper...there'd be water, electric and shower, plus stove and refridgerator. Of course it should be a larger one, but some of them are really nice! They could pretend they are camping right near you and you'd still be close to the kids.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:18 PM   #10
DianaB

Those are all good suggestions but really the best thing is for Damon to be here with his family. Part of what he has to deal with is facing Glen and the rest of the family. He can't just stay away from us forever. Hopefully all of what he's gone through will help with the decision to never drink again.

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 02-20-2012, 03:19 PM   #11
DIANE W

I wish you good luck with everything Diana....it is really difficult, to be in that position, almost in the middle of everyone.

Do you really think Glen will be welcoming to him....really?

I can sort of see the benefit to him being back with the whole family, who will give him the support he needs - but does he want it????

I can also see the benefit of your daughter and son-in-law, being on their own, to iron out their lives, once and for all, and to see if they have a future together.

My Mottos are....
Just live for today..... and let tomorrow take care of itself

Live each day as if it's your last - and hope that tomorrow you wake up to find that it wasn't
DIANE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 03:28 PM   #12
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Let's all pray for a good outcome!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:13 PM   #13
Janet

I hope Damon will think drinking isn't worth it anymore, but I have to say, it was 4 years this past Aug. that I quit smoking and there are still days I'm so tempted. I just don't want to do that anymore and I'll keep fighting it, but it takes all the strength I have some days. It will probably be the same for Damon.....I pray he's strong enough to fight it this time.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:51 AM   #14
DianaB

Thanks everyone. I get more nervous about Damon getting out as it gets closer. Glen admits that he has a problem with Damon coming here. We have another week then he gets out. Damon may have a job lined up and that would help. I don't think that things will go well if he's sitting around the house.

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 03-01-2012, 05:23 PM   #15
Janet

I hope the job works out for Damon. If not, there are plenty of things to keep him busy in and outside the house. He could always do the things you or Glenn haven't had the time to do.

Keeping my fingers crossed though that he gets the job.