4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Career

Old 04-03-2008, 04:28 PM   #1
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Finally!!!!

Well, it finally happened. We hired a new drafter and kicked Chris out of the drafting room A lot of you will remember the problems I was having with him before, and I'm so glad I finally spoke up and so did everyone else. The new drafter is great. He hadn't used the program before but after the first day he could do way more than Chris ever could. He's also very laid-back and happy, and he loves dogs and rides a sportbike! So I actually enjoy working with him and having stuff to talk about!
Anyways, Chris didn't go without a fight. He was being moved to a desk right outside the boss's office, even though there was an extra computer in the drafting room with us. We have another girl who had been sitting at that extra computer. Before he left work the day before he was moving places, he told the other girl that she was actually moving out of the room and he was going to take her spot. So she believed him and the next morning started moving all of her stuff. The boss saw this and asked why she was doing that, and he wasn't impressed at all when he found out. He had a talk with Chris, and Chris ran back into the drafting room and started yelling and swearing and saying "who the f--- does he think he is, moving me?!!!" But he moved.
The next day, Chris went right to the boss in front of everyone and said "I just want you to know that I'm going to listen to music loud, talk on the phone loud, and cause a ruckus until you move me back to my spot" and the boss just sighed as Chris stomped out of the room. He also kept coming into the drafting room to bug the new drafter (Ryan) and kick him off his computer and basically try to slow down his work as much as possible. When that wasn't bothering him, he came back in and rolled out the drawers from under Ryan's desk and took them to his new desk. Then he came back again and took the shelf from the top of the desk (which BELONGS on the desk) and also took that to his new desk. Ryan saw exactly what was happening and didn't say a word about it.
Now Chris keeps trying to stick his nose back into drafting, by calling clients (when he is basically forbidden to talk to clients anymore because a lot of people are angry), and by trying to get the engineers to give him drafting work. I guess today he answered a phone call and a coworker overheard him say "No I'm just temporarily out of the drafting room but I will be back in there soon. I'll pass you to someone who can open the drawing." He's trying to get Ryan fired so he can come back to drafting. I'm doing my part though and totally praising Ryan to my boss, I'm not going to let him go. The engineers are all impressed with him too.
Right before leaving the office today Chris called the vp of the whole company and told him that our office is full of "f---ing idiots" and he wants to slap us all upside the head!! I can't believe he's being this childish and he still has a job.
But I'm just going to sit back and enjoy it for now. It's actually pretty humorous. I'm so stress-free and happy now!

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 07:55 PM   #2
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

This is a very interesting development. Keep us up on what is going on. I can't believe he is acting this way and still has a job. Is he someone's relative, or does he have compromising pictures of someone??
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 08:21 PM   #3
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

I believe he just became friends with the boss when he first started working there. Our boss is one of the nicest men I've ever met and he's definitely not a manager-type person because he can't hurt peoples' feelings. I'm sure he realizes that keeping Chris around is just a huge waste of company money, but he can't fire him. Chris has a wife and two young kids at home so my boss can't bring himself to take his job away. It's obvious it's something Chris is doing to himself, but anytime the boss talks to him about his performance, Chris has a million excuses... nothing is organized, there's too much work, blah blah blah but nothing ever changes no matter how much workload is taken off him. His ONLY responsibility right now is making sure all (5ish) of our work trucks are clean and have oil changes and regular maintenance. He can't even get that done!

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Old 04-03-2008, 09:02 PM   #4
Tink
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Tink
Lindsey, I'm so glad he's finally going to be out of your way!
Man he sounds like a real piece of work! Hopefully soon he'll stomp out in a huff and you can lock the door behind him. lol
Old 04-04-2008, 05:49 AM   #5
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Sure glad he's out of your way now, but your boss needs a back bone. First time an employee would talk to me like that I'd walk his a$$ right out the door. What a childish bore!
Old 04-04-2008, 08:46 AM   #6
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I'm glad that the boss finally took notice of Chris and his work ethics. It sounds like with Chris' attitude that he's going to find himself without a job soon, wife or no wife. It will definitely be interesting to see how this plays out.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 11:42 AM   #7
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

WOW.
I'm still at work right now, and so mad I'm almost shaking. My yorkie is here with me today, because Ryan really wanted to meet her! So she's just been hanging out with me for most of the day, sleeping on my desk, or cruisin around the office not bothering anyone. She's here every few weeks, everyone loves her and the other dogs who come in.
Anyway, we just had lunch and we're all sitting in the lunch room, and Chris got up to wash a spoon. Then he looked at my dog and held the spoon down and said "Okay now just lick it so I can throw it back in the drawer for someone else" and everyone gave him a weird look and I had a disgusted look on my face and he looked at me and said, dripping with sarcasm "Ohhhh don't worry she didn't lick it! There might be a little soap residue left on there and she'd get sick and I'd feel SOOOO BAD! Then if she puked, she could puke right on Ryan's chair!" and Ryan wasn't there to defend himself because he's writing a final this afternoon. I don't want to sink to his level so I kept my mouth shut but I'm so upset.
My boss should be back on Monday, and I'm going to have a talk with him and I think Ryan should join me. It's bs the way he's been treated by Chris since he started working here!