4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Parenting & Family

Old 04-12-2009, 05:52 AM   #1
2tiredmom

Daughter's Surgery

Hey Everyone, Just an up date on my wee one. She is 17 1/2 so she says anyway. She had her ACL replaced on Thursday. Her Dr is such a great surgeon. I would recommend him to anyone. Plus he has a great bed side manner and is very easy on the eyes. His last name is a whopper.
Sassmannshausen. They call him Dr Sass for short. Go figure. Any way.
We got her home on Friday. Saturday the pain really kicked in. Today is somewhat better. The meds are working better. She starts Therapy tomorrow(Monday). I"m sure the pain will be worse after that. God has a reason for everything he throws at us. My hubby will be taking care of her this week. So i guess it's a God send that he lost his job. But I still keep praying God will open another Door and soon.
My Boss and I will be going to Indy for the week for Recorders Conference.
So I won't be at home to baby her. But daddy can spend some quality time with her. So I hope to be back on here more after I get back and get her on the mend.
I hope everyone has a great Easter. This is the first one we have spent without family ever. But that's ok. They won't come up here. So we are home vegging out and taking care of our youngest.
Happy Easter Everyone and I pray you are as Blessed as we are.
God Bless You.

Old 04-12-2009, 07:40 AM   #2
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I'm glad the surgery went well. That's GREAT news!!!

Yes, the pain will be worse with therapy tomorrow. She should take her pain meds at least 30 minutes before starting (or however long it takes it to kick in). She'll need to take the meds again at the next scheduled time, e.g., if she can take them every four hours, take them four hours after the dose prior to therapy, even if she thinks she doesn't need them. That will help abate the pain induced by movement. It probably won't take it all away, but it will get better as the days progress.

I've had this surgery and I know how badly it hurts and how the therapy can aggravate the pain. The harder she works on therapy though, the quicker she will recover - but caution her to NOT overdo it!

Good luck to her!
Old 04-12-2009, 08:18 AM   #3
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I'm glad Jen's surgery went so well and that she has a cute Dr. to boot....LOLOL. Tell her if Ricky hasn't already that we're thinking of her here and hope her therapy and recovery is as painless as possible.

You should feel pretty good about not spending Easter with family...especially the in-laws
Old 04-12-2009, 08:49 AM   #4
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Dear Linda,

Happy Easter!

It's good that the surgery is over, and that Jen can be on the mend now. It does sound like it was meant to be that she and her Dad get closer over it.
Life is never dull, is it?

My prayers for a speedy and easy recovery for her.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 10:54 AM   #5
donna1990
Donating 4WT Addict

Prayers for her and the family.
Old 04-12-2009, 01:01 PM   #6
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

So glad the surgery went well, and that she had her daddy to talk care of her!! So hope all continues to go well, and she has a very speedy recovery!!
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote