4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Parenting & Family

Old 05-29-2009, 03:45 PM   #1
lynne b

Send a message via Yahoo to lynne b
My daughter

I got a call yesterday while at work, my daughter was in the hospital she had been haveing pain all night,vomitiing,diareha, she had a kidney stone removed.
She got there around 7 am, i got there around 9 AM, it took them from then till around 5 pm to tell us the results of the CT scan and then they did the surgery around 6:30 PM and i had her home by 9:30 PM. I stayed the night with her cause she lives alone and i wasn't gona leave her by herself. She's doing good just alittle pain but nothing like earlier, they put a stint in her which she removes herself on Sunday. They removed the one on her right side but said she has one on the left side also but right now it is not bothering her and they would not do both sides at the same time because it would be to much stress on her kidneys so we will probably be doing this again some other day, but hopefully not soon.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:29 PM   #2
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I wondered what happened to you Lynne. I called and left ya a message. I hope your daughter recovers fast. That had to have been so painful for her.
Old 05-29-2009, 05:59 PM   #3
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

As long as it's out, it's a good thing! I have heard that kidney stones are very very painful.

Poor thing. It's so good you were able to be there for her.

I think there are some holistic ways to reduce the other stones.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 08:44 PM   #4
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I tell you that there's nothing harder on a mother than to see their children in pain. I bet that you gave a big sigh of relief when it was all taken care of. You're a good Mom for making sure that your baby was taken care of and watched over. I sure hope that the other side doesn't EVER cause problems!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 04:12 AM   #5
lynne b

Send a message via Yahoo to lynne b
Thanks everyone for your words and thoughts. She is doing much better and hopefully the other side won't give her any problems.

Just can't get a break here, seems when it rains it pours, my oldest daughter called me last night and said her husband had just hit a deer and rolled his truck, he had my oldest g-son and a friend with him but all were ok, the truck is totaled. They had just gotten the truck less than 1 yr ago and were so proud that they had 2 nice vehicles for the 1st time since they have been together (since grade school), they have always had such pieces of junck to drive that baerly got them back & forth to work. I told her it was ok as long as no one was hurt and she already knew that she was just bummed out about it. I told her that is what ins. is for
Old 05-30-2009, 09:30 AM   #6
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I'm glad to hear that everyone in the truck was all right especially with it rolling. Things like that always happen at the most inconvenient times too. My SIL used to work in a nearby town so he had to drive and he was always coming home in the dark. He hit 2 or 3 deer and went through several vehicles. It wasn't funny when you heard that he'd hit another one. Like you already know, thank goodness no one was hurt.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 09:39 AM   #7
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

They must feel terrible about their vehicle! Thank goodness nobody got hurt.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 05:42 PM   #8
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
You've had your hands full here lately Lynne. I'm glad no one was hurt and I hope things start calming down for you.
Old 06-06-2009, 07:46 PM   #9
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Gosh I'm sorry to hear about your daughter, but glad that she's doing better.

I always worry about hitting a deer, there are lots on the roads I drive!!! I hope everything works out! Glad everyone is OK!