4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Parenting & Family

Old 12-03-2006, 12:31 PM   #1
Willow

My Kids have gone RETRO....

in their cartoon watching! LOLOL

We recently acquired the first season of She-Ra on DVD and the first 15 episodes of Voltron!! My kids LOVE them!!

I remember watching both when I was a kid and it has been lots of fun watching them again with my kids.

Kody asked me if there was a She-Ra for boys LOLOL and my husband said He-Man was before She-Ra so now we gotta find a He-Man dvd for the boys. LOL
Willow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 03:52 PM   #2
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
WOW do I feel old on this forum sometimes...LOLOL

I've never heard of those.....

I am glad your kids enjoy them and you get to take a trip down memory lane...
Old 12-03-2006, 05:36 PM   #3
Willow

They were cartoons from the 80's...I was just a little snot then. LOL
Old 12-03-2006, 06:12 PM   #4
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Now true retro would be Mighty Mouse, Popeye, Speedy Gonzales, Donald Duck, Elmer Fudd & Daffy Duck, to name a few....

My daughters would probably say the Smurfs are retro.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 04:45 AM   #5
Willow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn
Now true retro would be Mighty Mouse, Popeye, Speedy Gonzales, Donald Duck, Elmer Fudd & Daffy Duck, to name a few....

Oh yea! My kids LOVE all of those. We found some of them on DVD at Walmart for $1...they have Popeye, the old Superman cartoon, and Woody Woodpecker...all for a $1 each! I have been looking for the Bugs Bunny Cartoon Craze (that is what the DVD's are called with the original cartoons on them) but I haven't been able to find it.

If it is a cartoon, or has animals in it, my kids will watch it. Right now they want to go see Happy Feet.
Old 12-04-2006, 06:02 AM   #6
Janet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow
They were cartoons from the 80's...I was just a little snot then. LOL
I was in my later 20's and an older snot then....LMAO!!!
Old 12-04-2006, 06:04 AM   #7
Janet

Quote:

Now those were the GOOD cartoons. I can't hardly stand listening to cartoons now. I'm glad my son has outgrown most, notice I say most?
Old 12-04-2006, 06:54 AM   #8
Willow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
Now those were the GOOD cartoons. I can't hardly stand listening to cartoons now. I'm glad my son has outgrown most, notice I say most?

Hey, I still watch cartoons! LOL I never outgrew them!
Old 12-04-2006, 10:40 AM   #9
Brooke

Well I must be old cause I don't know the carttona Willow was talking about either!!! But I remember one i loved when I was very young...

There was a cat, and a mouse, and the cat LOVED the mouse named eggnats. The mouse hates the cat and throws bricks at her head all the time, and when she gets hit little hearts float up tward heaven and her eyes get all dreamy!!! There is also a dog who is a police man...

Any one remember this cartoon.... ANY ONE?

I also loved David and Golith with the talking dog.

Brooke
Brooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 12:03 PM   #10
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I've never heard of those cartoons either. I must be really old!!!! I DO know who the Smurfs are because my kids watched them!!!

My 4 year old grandson is in to cowboys and he got really interested in the old Lone Ranger shows. When my son would put the show in my grandson would start pretending that he was a cowboy and that he was on a horse and start running around the living room. It was pretty cute to watch!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 03:48 PM   #11
Willow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke

I also loved David and Golith with the talking dog.
OH I remember David and Goliath!! LOVED IT!!! We used to watch Gumby too...does anyone remember Gumby???

How about the Snorks??? lol

Scooby Doo and Tom and Jerry were other favorites of mine. My mom said when I was a toddler I always wanted to watch Tom and Jerry and I would ask for a pickle and coke for a snack while watching. ( I can't believe she gave me coke!!! I never let my kids drink that stuff!! They are lucky if I let them taste rootbeer!! Pop is soooo unhealthy!!)
Old 12-04-2006, 06:04 PM   #12
Brooke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow
OH I remember David and Goliath!! LOVED IT!!! We used to watch Gumby too...does anyone remember Gumby???

How about the Snorks??? lol

Scooby Doo and Tom and Jerry were other favorites of mine. My mom said when I was a toddler I always wanted to watch Tom and Jerry and I would ask for a pickle and coke for a snack while watching. ( I can't believe she gave me coke!!! I never let my kids drink that stuff!! They are lucky if I let them taste rootbeer!! Pop is soooo unhealthy!!)
I loved Gumby and pockey!!! I went out and bought the toys of Gumby and pockey because I was teaching the kids to make clay people and tried to tell them to make them kind of flat like gumby and they had no idea what I was talking about! i went out and bought the toys to use as samples!!!! They were in my class room for a long time hanging out with us LOL!

Brooke
Brooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 06:08 PM   #13
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

These cartoons we're mentioning were all so good, and entertaining for children. I really don't understand why they are putting the cartoons on the air that they do on Saturday mornings. Most don't look appropriate for children.

They really need to bring back the old ones. I'll have to look for them on DVD for future grandchildren if/when we have some. We would probably enjoy watching them as well, and my daughters have probably never seen the ones I used to watch.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 04:58 AM   #14
Willow

Quote:
These cartoons we're mentioning were all so good, and entertaining for children. I really don't understand why they are putting the cartoons on the air that they do on Saturday mornings. Most don't look appropriate for children.

They really need to bring back the old ones. I'll have to look for them on DVD for future grandchildren if/when we have some. We would probably enjoy watching them as well, and my daughters have probably never seen the ones I used to watch.

Try looking at Walmart in the toy department! They have some of the older cartoons on DVD for $1!!!!

They also have some Scooby Doo cartoons (old version not the new one) and some Batman and Robin, Superman, and Thomas the Train on DVD but they are about $9.98 each I think. Still, not a bad price to have quality cartoons for the kiddos.

We don't let the kids watch the Saturday morning cartoons anymore because they aren't anything like when I was a kid.
Old 12-05-2006, 06:20 AM   #15
Kimberley

OH MAN!!!!! The Bugs Bunny & Roadrunner Show, Tom & Jerry, The Smurfs, The Carebears...just to name a couple but Tom & Jerry has ALWAYS been my favorite!