4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Vent!

Old 01-12-2010, 05:11 AM   #1
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Pink eye AGAIN!

Obviously I didn't clean and wash everything well enough, but I'm surprised it took this long for it to come back. I KNOW my eyes were fine yesterday morning because I would have noticed when I was putting on makeup. I didn't notice until last night when I was taking my contacts out that my eyes were VERY red. I was tired all day and on my computer all night, but it looked more red than just eye strain. Scott didn't even notice, so he was no help. I put some antibiotic eye drops in my eyes from last time. This morning there was no doubt, there is no white showing at all So I have the day off work and I am going to disinfect EVERYTHING in this place!

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 05:59 AM   #2
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Poor eyes! I hope you get it this time Linds!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:35 AM   #3
paula1961

Ah Lindsey not again! Hope it's gets better soon sweetie.
paula1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 08:03 AM   #4
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

So sorry kiddo!!! Be careful not to touch the tip of your drops to your eyes. Maybe you should go to the doctor again if it doesn't get better quick!
Old 01-12-2010, 08:26 AM   #5
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Lol I'm most upset that I have to throw out my last pair of contacts because I was wearing them yesterday! I'm also throwing out my eyeliner and my eyeshadow brush because I wore eye makeup yesterday and I don't know if I was infected before that and just not showing symptoms.... I don't know if I'll have to throw out the eyeshadow too, or if I can just take a tissue and scrape off the top layer.

I am so STUMPED as to what I would have touched yesterday that I didn't touch in the past two weeks. I suppose it could have been almost anything, because we've been putting our baseboards back on and moving all of the furniture for access. How do I get the germs out of furniture? Anything solid I will wipe down with bleach, but what about the couches and anything else fabric?

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Old 01-14-2010, 06:53 AM   #6
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

It could be allergic conjunctivitis. Check this out..

http://www.allaboutvision.com/condit...unctivitis.htm

(My best guess would be that it was the makeup, but if it does come back again, it's time to go back to the doctor)

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 07:18 AM   #7
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Thanks Judy! I wonder if it has to do with the renovations... there has been a LOT of sawdust in the condo from all the cutting we've been doing (We were working on the laminate floors the first time I got it, and this past weekend we were cutting baseboards). I have never had eye problems before from things like that, but I suppose some allergies can develop over time.

I have an appointment with my optometrist next week for my annual eye exam, so I'll mention it to her. For now I'm using my leftover eye drops from last time (I know I'm not supposed to do that, but sitting in a waiting room to see a doctor isn't appealing, and it's only been 3 weeks since I finished using them!) and it's been clearing up a lot.

I did a bit of research on how long the germs from pink eye can stay alive on surfaces, and it turns out most should be gone in 24 hours... so it doesn't make sense that three weeks can pass without anything. Of course, germs can stay alive longer on makeup, so that's the most probable, unless of course it is just an allergic reaction.

Old 01-16-2010, 12:18 PM   #8
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

How are your eyes doing, Lindsey?
Old 01-16-2010, 12:49 PM   #9
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

So sorry, Lindsey. I was going to suggest tossing your mascara and eye liner but you've already figured that out. Hugs!!! I hope that you're better.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 06:23 AM   #10
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

They're doing a lot better now. I'm still wearing glasses and using the drops every day just to be safe. I only have one pair of contacts left and I don't want to ruin them!

Old 01-18-2010, 06:48 AM   #11
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Glad to hear your eyes are doing much better!!!
Old 01-18-2010, 07:19 AM   #12
2tiredmom

Oh how I hate Pink Eye. When my kids were little it seemed like they got it all the time then they would give it to me. I feel for you. Hope it's better soon.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:45 AM   #13
pope1982

Hope you're back to 100% soon, pink eye is such a pain
pope1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 05:20 PM   #14
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

I spoke too soon This afternoon my left eye started feeling sore, and everytime I blinked there would be a shooting pain backwards into my head. On my way home, I checked in my rearview mirror and noticed a large red spot just beside my pupil. When I got home I looked closer and the bottom of the eye was red too when I looked up. I went to lay down with my eyes closed for an hour and when I got up, BOTH eyes are completely red again

I haven't even stopped using the drops yet. I'm starting to think maybe this isn't just pink eye.

Old 01-18-2010, 05:34 PM   #15
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I'm thinking this isn't pink eye either - I think back to the Dr.